• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 10 Being Released!

Search This thread

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Reactions: stefbc2005

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Yea, you won't be on TEL CSC. It's not a Multi-CSC firmware.

If you go Settings > About > Software Information >
Under Service Provider SW version, on the bottom line, if it was Telstra and/or Multi-CSC, you would see TEL/TEL/TEL, indicating Telstra for all 3.

But I bet you don't see this, and you're seeing EVR or something for one of them.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Yes, now i have EVR,EVR,TEL. But what's the harm in it if we want to enjoy android 10 before it relasese for our Provider?

CSC is “Consumer Software Customization” or “Country Specific Code“. Region specific customisation. It's all in the name really.

You get no carrier or region specific network or phone customisation, such as VOLTE (quite a significant thing now), no wifi calling, and issues with other things customised for the Aussie network (4G+ etc). The phone will work as a basic S10 device, but you do miss out on things, other than those I listed, as I've tried before as a test.

But if you simple want to have a play as a test, and are willing to miss out on the more advanced features of 4G+ etc, then that's your choice.

Reactions: stefbc2005

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
BTU downloads slowly using Frija for me, just did a test. Note that BTU is another UK CSC. Just like the other I posted in the OP, it's not an Aussie compatible CSC. We still need to wait for OXM multi CSC.

EDIT:
Sorry, BTU is OXM - this will work for us! I'm grabbing it now using Frija!

Last edited:

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Checked for update on my s10 5g on Vodafone after seeing this thread, updated to 10. Been waiting for awhile to get my update also received update on my xperia 1 today.
The experience on samsung seems better and more noticable update.

M

MarshiMello

Yea, you won't be on TEL CSC. It's not a Multi-CSC firmware.

If you go Settings > About > Software Information >
Under Service Provider SW version, on the bottom line, if it was Telstra and/or Multi-CSC, you would see TEL/TEL/TEL, indicating Telstra for all 3.

But I bet you don't see this, and you're seeing EVR or something for one of them.

Unless you mod it like I have done ;)

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

BTU downloads slowly using Frija for me, just did a test. Note that BTU is another UK CSC. Just like the other I posted in the OP, it's not an Aussie compatible CSC. We still need to wait for OXM multi CSC.

EDIT:
Sorry, BTU is OXM - this will work for us! I'm grabbing it now using Frija!

Wasn't aware of this though, BTE is also another UK CSC unless modified like myself. Let me know if you have the recording feature (located in qs) on BTU.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

I flash it 2 days back as soon as it dropped out on my Phone from Australia csc TEL without wiping the phone. And it's working just fine but have to restart phone 1 time because of the lag other than that all else is great.

I did the same but noticed plenty of bugs and odd behaviour not present after reformatting, keep that in mind if you run into issues.

cosmic1

Dec 12, 2016
Little gutted, Sammoblle has every uk network upgrade to android 10 except for o2. typical o2! waiting for android 10 for my sm-g977b

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

and was going to use uk btu or xeu and tried them but they are preloaded with australian apps?

MKBHD3030

Jan 12, 2020
Anyone got android 10 on ATT version of S10 5G?

are people getting android 10 on the s10 5g? especially on the ATT model?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 has been released for EE UK. (not multi-CSC ufortunately)

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10-5g/firmware/SM-G977B/EVR/download/G977BXXU2BSL2/306142/

It's not a multi-CSC region firmware, so only flash this you already have the EE UK CSC on your device.

It's a good sign though, hopefully we'll start seeing more come through anytime now! :fingers-crossed:

All I'm waiting for is any multi-CSC firmware to get it, any country will do. Then it's flashing time!
    Yes, now i have EVR,EVR,TEL. But what's the harm in it if we want to enjoy android 10 before it relasese for our Provider?

CSC is “Consumer Software Customization” or “Country Specific Code“. Region specific customisation. It's all in the name really.

You get no carrier or region specific network or phone customisation, such as VOLTE (quite a significant thing now), no wifi calling, and issues with other things customised for the Aussie network (4G+ etc). The phone will work as a basic S10 device, but you do miss out on things, other than those I listed, as I've tried before as a test.

But if you simple want to have a play as a test, and are willing to miss out on the more advanced features of 4G+ etc, then that's your choice.
    you still have Volte if you flashed EVR ?

No, Volte is gone after flashing this firmware. But i am using a Optus prepaid sim card and volte never worked with it anyway.
    Android 10 out for 3 more new countries but unfortunately all 3 are non Multi-CSC regions.