• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 10 Beta on LG G7 G710n

Search This thread

sandronejm

Nov 10, 2018
Last edited:

sandronejm

Nov 10, 2018
You must have Android 9 of LG U+ version 20k
Copy the file to LGUP_FOTA.up in the root folder of the internal drive
Start Activity Launcher, select the first entry and follow the instructions

And

LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM running Android 10 beta LG U+.
The update process was the following:
1. Backup
2. Flash https://lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/21589/G710NP20k_00_LGU_KR_OP_1220 UPGRADE over https://lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/21597/G710NO20k_00_OPEN_KR_OP_1220 with LGUP (Upgrade option preserve the data)
3. FOTA V28e with Activity Launcher (first entry)
4. FOTA V28j with Activity Launcher

Download the update files from https://youtu.be/zxhQ3oAGIN8

got 20k android 9 stock kdz file. I am supposed to flash it over my 20e android 9 stock (refurbish). is that correct?
I am with 28e android 10 *.up file. What about try to FOTA UPGRADE my phone in lg up?
would that work?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019
And

(edit)
got 20k android 9 stock kdz file. I am supposed to flash it over my 20e android 9 stock (refurbish). is that correct?
I am with 28e android 10 *.up file. What about try to FOTA UPGRADE my phone in lg up?
would that work?

You can flash with LGUP and upgrade if you have any Korean version.
I don´t known what happens if you have other variant
When your phone run LG U+ 20k you can apply the upgrade to Android 10 beta
I always talk about FOTA using with Activity Launcher

Reactions: sandronejm

sandronejm

Nov 10, 2018
03:04 AM, LG g7 EMW Brazil running Android 10 BETA PROGRAM latest version 28d.

Man, for a moment I was gonna surrender. That was not clear to me how to flash this. But everything is under the page 1 to 6 of this thread. I don't know why so stress, that is REALLY EASY.

Thanks for everybody who has given these instructions I got. I will reorganize these instructions the way I think it is really detailed.

I will write a tutorial below that teaches what I did to install this beta OS and I am not responsible for damages, it is only for educational purpose.

Make sure you have LG Drivers installed.
Download latest LG Mobile driver installer
https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-mobile-drivers-and-software-CT10000027-20150179827560

You dont need to have bootloader unlock to do this.

Step 0: we are gonna run a refurbish soon (all data erased) so step 0 is backuping your phone data in your notebook (photos and everything). You can do the backup while you work on step 1 (download section).
Step 1: files you need to download:
File 1) *.kdz file Korean OS Android pie (20k)
https://lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/21589/G710NP20k_00_LGU_KR_OP_1220

File 2) LG UP NEW 1.5 VERSION
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dJZxrj7nteDDUcQpiJLpX9Mjumm5mtKp/view

File 3) LGUP common.dll
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V8IF2vJed3bQBsBCHLNBJdnW4gRj2uo0/view

File 4) *.up file for updating your 20K Android PIE Korean to Android 10 beta version 28e
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uKIQv3TCjn0vF9shKA-_x7-RY-9Pdmai

File 5) APP apk activity launcher
https://apkpure.com/br/activity-launcher/de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

That is everything. Let's go to step 2.

Step 2) Managing these files.
At first, install LG UP new version 1.5.
Open the zip folder of LG UP COMMON dll and copy the folder common and paste inside the folder model of the LG UP installation folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model
You will have LGUP\model\common :)

At second, put the KDZ file for 20k Android PIE in directory C:/ to make it easy to patch it.

At third, hold on the .*up file and apk activity launcher in a download folder of your PC.

OK. Let's go to install the rom 20k Android pie korean with step 3.

Step 3) turn off your phone. make sure the battery is 80% or more. Disconect the phone from usb (charge or PC) if you are connected.

Step 4) Hold volume UP until you connect USB cable to your notebook. The phone will start Download mode, the screen will show it.

Step 5) Open Device Manager in windows and verify if your LG G7 is there. Should be in the list of devices where is "Port", click in this section. Ok you found it. Get the number after COM, mine was COM 7. What is yours? Save this number in a notepad.

Step 6) Open command prompt.

Step 7) type in command prompt: cd <path of LG up FOLDER)>
example:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP"

Step 8) Get your com number I asked you to save. Type this code below modifying the X with your com where is comX. And we are assuming below your LG UP folder is in C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP. Modify it if it is different. And we are assuming your kdy file for 20k is in C:/ and its name is G710NP20k_00_LGU_KR_OP_1220.kdz

lgup_cmd.exe comX "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" "C:\G710NP20k_00_LGU_KR_OP_1220.kdz"

Example:

lgup_cmd.exe com7 "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common\LGUP_Common.dll" "C:\G710NP20k_00_LGU_KR_OP_1220.kdz"

Run this code. It will flash 20k android pie.

Step 9) configure your new phone, set wifi, and it is good to get developer options and get USB debugg active and allow your notebook (I always do this).

Step 10) connect your Phone LG g7 in your notebook select charge only and after select transfer files (you should do this 2 times to the storage appear in your notebook).

Step 11) go to your notebook folder where you downloaded the .*up file and rename this file LMG710NAT-V28e-LGU-KR-FEB-13-2020.up to LGUP_FOTA.up.

Step 12) transfer LGUP_FOTA.up to internal storage of LG G7.

Step 13) transfer the apk of Activity Launcher to internal storage download. Install the apk.

Step 14) Open the app Activity Launcher wait it load and app will start and show a list. click Search and type FOTA.

Where is FOTA UPDATE list
There is two FOTA TEST below and a FOTA UPDATE.
Just click in the first one FOTA TEST below FOTA Update list.
It will automatically upgrade your android 9 to android 10 28e.

I upgraded from Android 9 20k to 28e. after this I upgraded from 28e to 28j and
from 28j to 28m one by one (28e, 28j, 28m, 28c, 28d) until I get to 28d.
It is obligated to upgrade one by one in the correct order (look the date of the files).
Download other versions:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O8GqnbKVa5EKPwKdQni8vBEvZqvR36tm
Remember to rename it to LGUP_FOTA.up before putting into the internal storage

The only issue I got is the alert on boot
WARNING! Current version is not available for user. Can't find matched carrier. Check NT-Code: 72406, 72410, 72411, 72423: FF,FF,FF,FF
but it closes and the OS run well.

I am able to boot bootloader and download mode fine.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Installed Magisk with success on 28d.
Here is the link for you download the boot.img and patching it with Magisk
(Need bootloader unlock for this step :) )
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261778494
credits (boot.img): @netookska05
---
UPDATE
Found a way to force dark mode just download the app below DarQ need root or Magisk installed
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-darq-app-selectable-force-dark-t3944356
Thank you

Last edited:

hrishi92

Mar 26, 2020
I already have a korean account, but where in their Help app I can find the beta for the g710n?

Edit: Got it! Already downloading it.

I just made a Korean account on another email ID. I even logged in to that account on my phone. But I couldn't find the beta update in Quick Help App. Can you guide me?

DannyB01

Feb 23, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong please. I have both the G7 and G8 in the states. The G8, running Android 10, got rid of the "mini view", and replaced it with the less useful(at least to me), thumb view, that only shrinks the page down, rather than across also. Is this what can be expected if I upgrade my G7 to Android 10?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
Hey all, I followed these steps to cross-flash and install the latest beta

Unfortunately I'm also getting the; Current version is not available for user. Can't find matched carrier. Check NT-Code: FFFFFF : 57 error

I can't edit this from the service menu and I'm not rooted. Do I need to wait for someone from another region to upload theirs?

I'm on EMW (Australia)

Were you able to resolve this issue. I have exact same problem :confused:

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
Yea, I did try that for some time though. Without Mobile network it is pretty much waste as a phone.

have you tried flashing ulm pie firmware using partition dl via LGUP (assuming your G7 is neither ulm, pm nor n), before flashing the U+ n pie to upgrade to U+ n 10?
if u did not, may be worth a try, mine is a pm flashed to ulm off ebay (the 'economical' choice); it came with ulm oreo, i upgraded it to ulm pie, tinkered around for a bit before settling with n 10.
to get to a 'final' clean U+ 10 29d (without any network error) before I started loading apps for daily use, i did the following (some steps were probably redundant and irrelevant, placebo effect, ymmv):
1) partition dl ulm pie 20f (choose to overwrite all partitions on the G7)
2) basic setup the phone (active SIM with lte data, wifi, linked a google acc - all to ensure networks are fine and phone boots with no error)
3) master reset the phone
4) partition dl U+ pie 20k (choose to overwrite all partitions on the G7)
5) basic setup the phone (active SIM with lte data, wifi, linked a google acc - all to ensure networks are fine and phone boots with no error)
6) flash 20k again via LGUP, this time round choosing 'refurbish' (i thought this step was redundant in the first place, but without this step, i cannot get the subsequent LGUP_FOTA updates to run at all)
7) run the updates from 28e all the way to 29d one by one
8) no network error after updating to 29d but i found some calls (mostly non standard numbers like helpdesk, hotlines etc with only 3 or 4 numbers) were not going out on a random basis, thus i did a master reset (of 29d)
9) no network error of any kind at all after resetting

i did unlock the bootloader (this should not affect the network at all i wd say) and my G7 arrived already without any serial number (known problem of pm flashed to ulm off ebay).

an impt point to note is - did you get network error starting 28e (to 29c) or only on 29d? if you only started getting error on 29d, it may just be a bug in the update; however, if error started on 28e, then probably it has something to do with hardcoded basebands, SIM card (telco) incompatibility etc.

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
have you tried flashing ulm pie firmware using partition dl via LGUP (assuming your G7 is neither ulm, pm nor n), before flashing the U+ n pie to upgrade to U+ n 10?
if u did not, may be worth a try, mine is a pm flashed to ulm off ebay (the 'economical' choice); it came with ulm oreo, i upgraded it to ulm pie, tinkered around for a bit before settling with n 10.
to get to a 'final' clean U+ 10 29d (without any network error) before I started loading apps for daily use, i did the following (some steps were probably redundant and irrelevant, placebo effect, ymmv):
1) partition dl ulm pie 20f (choose to overwrite all partitions on the G7)
2) basic setup the phone (active SIM with lte data, wifi, linked a google acc - all to ensure networks are fine and phone boots with no error)
3) master reset the phone
4) partition dl U+ pie 20k (choose to overwrite all partitions on the G7)
5) basic setup the phone (active SIM with lte data, wifi, linked a google acc - all to ensure networks are fine and phone boots with no error)
6) flash 20k again via LGUP, this time round choosing 'refurbish' (i thought this step was redundant in the first place, but without this step, i cannot get the subsequent LGUP_FOTA updates to run at all)
7) run the updates from 28e all the way to 29d one by one
8) no network error after updating to 29d but i found some calls (mostly non standard numbers like helpdesk, hotlines etc with only 3 or 4 numbers) were not going out on a random basis, thus i did a master reset (of 29d)
9) no network error of any kind at all after resetting

i did unlock the bootloader (this should not affect the network at all i wd say) and my G7 arrived already without any serial number (known problem of pm flashed to ulm off ebay).

an impt point to note is - did you get network error starting 28e (to 29c) or only on 29d? if you only started getting error on 29d, it may just be a bug in the update; however, if error started on 28e, then probably it has something to do with hardcoded basebands, SIM card (telco) incompatibility etc.

This problem arises as soon as i flash 28e.
My stock version is EMW.

Top Liked Posts