Android 10 Factory Images now available

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Looks like there are 2 versions. For a new version is the side load OTA technique still how it is done ? This would be the first time I would be loading a new version on Android non OTA/locked bootloader.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Based on previous versions of android, the specific ones are typically the secondary versions and the standard unlock are the first copy. Edit: see below comments.

Last edited:

robjective

Dec 13, 2007
My Pixel 3 on Fi is updating now. I'll come back and edit this post to let you all know which sub-version gets installed.

Edit:

So Google P3 on Fi pulled the .019 version. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

squall40

Dec 6, 2010
Looks like there are 2 versions. For a new version is the side load OTA technique still how it is done ? This would be the first time I would be loading a new version on Android non OTA/locked bootloader.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Based on previous versions of android, the specific ones are typically the secondary versions and the standard unlock are the first copy. So probably the .019 is the one for everyone and the 0.20 is the version for Verizon.

i've sideloaded the newest of the 2 versions to my non verizon phone and it worked fine- only "issue" - i can see the build number at to top bar when i pull it down. Thats strange

Reactions: mikeprius

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Google Pixel 3
Installed 10 on my wife's P3 (my 3 XL is on Havoc OS, and I am not ready for a factory reset) using flash-all (without -w). Root went fine. Had to put AdAway into systemless, but otherwise no real issues yet. I did notice during the flash that it beings up a screen that looks like it is going to fail and force you into recovery (and ultimately a factory reset), but it just kept chugging along in command prompt and rebooted like that screen was meant to be. Only thing post install that is odd is that clearing recent apps (half flip up and swipe to the right and clear all) leaves a shell of the app that says it is not available if you click on it and goes away completely with a lock and unlock.

Cris7ianO

Feb 15, 2012
Just updated to 10 with flash-all and without -w. Procedure worked fine. This is my first experience with 10. And honestly Google like wtf, these gestures are horrible, unbelievable. How is it possible Apple does this million times better. So back on the good old 3 button layout.
Another thing: 10 feels even more laggy on the P3 than Pie. Anybody else experiencing this? Maybe I should try a new clean install... I am a die-hard Android fan but the experience on the 3 besides taking pictures with the great camera has just been disappointing from day 1 until now. Problem is, I don't see an alternative that keeps this form factor... The 7 pro is just to big.

honeybeelily

Sep 3, 2019
Force 2D GPU rendering

Force 2D GPU acceleration is gone from developer options. On .20 OTA. But there is now a game driver preferences menu.

Last edited:

gatharot

Oct 31, 2016
Just updated to 10 with flash-all and without -w. Procedure worked fine. This is my first experience with 10. And honestly Google like wtf, these gestures are horrible, unbelievable. How is it possible Apple does this million times better. So back on the good old 3 button layout.
Another thing: 10 feels even more laggy on the P3 than Pie. Anybody else experiencing this? Maybe I should try a new clean install... I am a die-hard Android fan but the experience on the 3 besides taking pictures with the great camera has just been disappointing from day 1 until now. Problem is, I don't see an alternative that keeps this form factor... The 7 pro is just to big.

Sweet! Just to make it crystal clear, you say this procedure works (credits to xda member Phil_Chambers) : (with magisk canary for now, I guess)
1-Download the 9.0.0 (PQ1A.181205.006, Dec 2018) file from https://developers.google.com/android/images
2-Unzip the contents of the zip into your ADB/Fasboot folder (I just leave my ADB folder on the desktop, windows 7). This is assuming you downloaded ADB/Fastboot program for Windows.
3-Right click and open the flash-all.bat file with a free program called Notepad++ and remove the last part of the text that says "-w" and SAVE FILE.
4-Remove the Edge sense module from Magisk on your phone if installed.
5-Make sure the phone has USB debugging enabled and USB cable plugged in with FILE TRANSFER mode turned on.
6-Run command in ADB/Fastboot:
adb reboot bootloader
click on adb flash-all.bat [now that its modified with -w removed. If -w was not removed, the phone will be WIPED CLEAN!]
(phone will restart) Go back into ADB/Fasboot:
adb reboot bootloader
adb fastboot boot <insert_name_of_TWRP_image_here>.img
7-Once in TWRP, FLASH your TWRP.ZIP and restart into Recovery.
8-Flash Magisk, other stuff etc at this point.

There is no need to remove Magisk or Unzip the secondary file inside the OTA. I've done it without those steps and nothing was changed.
I did re-install the latest version of Edge sense in Magisk as he put out a new version that works with the latest DEC update.

Reactions: icanrule

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield

I did a clean install with the factory ota images on a brand new P3. Super smooth! Plus, there's an option in 10 to go back to two- or three-button navigation instead of gestures

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Been using for 24 hrs. The gestures are a bit choppy. Also it will not work with 3rd party launchers for the time being which sucks. The gestures don't really feel that smooth. When I use the back gesture and side menu they can get mixed up at times.

Toronadian

Apr 17, 2013
I just tried using flash.bat from the factory image (after removing the "-w") and now my phone is stuck in a bootloop....what on earth. I updated to the newest version every single time using that method but now it's screwed up....

For reference, previously the only thing I did was root with Magisk using TEMPORARY TWRP with Adaway. Nothing else. I have no idea why it isn't working. May need to go back to the August update...

Now it's saying in fastboot mode "no valid slot to boot". In terms of SDK Platform Tools, I'm using the newest ones that were from July 2019 (got it straight from their site yesterday).

EDIT: Flashed the August update back on my phone. Gonna stick with that for now since it's working fine anyways. Not in a rush to update to Android 10 or in general anyways.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all,

Android 10 Final is now available (for Pixel phones)

https://developers.google.com/android/images#blueline

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

JC

Based on previous versions of android, the specific ones are typically the secondary versions and the standard unlock are the first copy. So probably the .019 is the one for everyone and the 0.20 is the version for Verizon.

i've sideloaded the newest of the 2 versions to my non verizon phone and it worked fine- only "issue" - i can see the build number at to top bar when i pull it down. Thats strange
    OTA

Just finished installing the OTA update and for my factory unlocked (non Verizon) pixel 3 its .20

Sweet! Just to make it crystal clear, you say this procedure works (credits to xda member Phil_Chambers) : (with magisk canary for now, I guess)
    1-Download the 9.0.0 (PQ1A.181205.006, Dec 2018) file from https://developers.google.com/android/images
    2-Unzip the contents of the zip into your ADB/Fasboot folder (I just leave my ADB folder on the desktop, windows 7). This is assuming you downloaded ADB/Fastboot program for Windows.
    3-Right click and open the flash-all.bat file with a free program called Notepad++ and remove the last part of the text that says "-w" and SAVE FILE.
    4-Remove the Edge sense module from Magisk on your phone if installed.
    5-Make sure the phone has USB debugging enabled and USB cable plugged in with FILE TRANSFER mode turned on.
    6-Run command in ADB/Fastboot:
    adb reboot bootloader
    click on adb flash-all.bat [now that its modified with -w removed. If -w was not removed, the phone will be WIPED CLEAN!]
    (phone will restart) Go back into ADB/Fasboot:
    adb reboot bootloader
    adb fastboot boot <insert_name_of_TWRP_image_here>.img
    7-Once in TWRP, FLASH your TWRP.ZIP and restart into Recovery.
    8-Flash Magisk, other stuff etc at this point.

There is no need to remove Magisk or Unzip the secondary file inside the OTA. I've done it without those steps and nothing was changed.
    I did re-install the latest version of Edge sense in Magisk as he put out a new version that works with the latest DEC update.

Yes, can confirm. Worked for me. As I am not pleased with the performance I will do a clean one just to be sure.