• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 10 final release on Pixel 2 Xl

Search This thread

halfez

Jan 13, 2010
Just wanted to start a discussion on people's thoughts on performance, battery life and if anyone is experiencing any issues on the final release of Android 10 for the pixel 2 xl.

So far so good for me.

livkellner

Sep 5, 2018
I don't like the back gesture very much, but I think I'll get used to it. Everything is ok, up to now...

wwwgefaz

Nov 28, 2008
lost the ability to view battery data by clicking on the icon. very bad

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Husky34

silentcovenant

Nov 16, 2009
Honolulu
I was on Beta 5 and reverted back to stock by simply opting out of the beta. I feel like when I reverted, it didn't do it cleanly since I still see residual effects like the version number shows in my notification shade. Also, I no longer have access to the Netflix app, says it's incompatible with my device. Other than doing a factory reset, is there a way to "repair" the phone without losing data again?

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
I was on Beta 5 and reverted back to stock by simply opting out of the beta. I feel like when I reverted, it didn't do it cleanly since I still see residual effects like the version number shows in my notification shade. Also, I no longer have access to the Netflix app, says it's incompatible with my device. Other than doing a factory reset, is there a way to "repair" the phone without losing data again?
You can get rid of the build number in the shade by turning off developer options. Not sure what's up with Netflix though mine works fine p2xl

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: wweasel

youssefkr

Feb 17, 2014

For netflix, download this version :
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/netflix-6-26-1-build-15-31696-release/

Reactions: silentcovenant

silentcovenant

Nov 16, 2009
Honolulu
OMG that worked! I tried other apks before deciding to factory reset and it still didn't work. You're a life saver. How'd you know the version would work?

Reactions: youssefkr

lil_ith

Oct 30, 2017
It's nice, but unpolished...you can tell they rushed the build. Clean install mind you. Phone has rebooted twice, once installing an app. Another just because? Screen can still be interacted with even after swiping up and touching above it. Very noticeable in photos app once clicked on photo and slide up using gestures, it'll move. Battery was very good on beta 5 bit went down hill after that and persisted on the latest build, I very easily hit 9h sot on Pie, I struggle to hit 7 with doing less stuff even. Something that I reported on the betas and still persisted to stable. occasionally I will get an app that goes dark. When i switch it goes back to higher brightness and dark again (happened without auto brightness) a reboot fixed it. Has happened once on official and twice on betas.

There's a few others but I will update as I remember...

This is all bootloader locked. No mods, and no apps that mess with system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lost the ability to view battery data by clicking on the icon. very bad

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk
    You can get rid of the build number in the shade by turning off developer options. Not sure what's up with Netflix though mine works fine p2xl

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

For netflix, download this version :
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/netflix-6-26-1-build-15-31696-release/
    OMG that worked! I tried other apks before deciding to factory reset and it still didn't work. You're a life saver. How'd you know the version would work?

I just tried the latest APK lol