• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 10 in testing for DBT/SM-T865

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Good to know thank you. I'm still pretty happy with android 9. I received android 10 on my note 10 plus and honestly it's not a big jump for me.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
I'm hoping for a better DeX mode. Current works, but some apps are iffy, and some functionality is missing:

- always on top windows
- a more organised apps screen
- Improved taskbar with less clutter (gesture navigation should help with that)
- resizable handwriting keyboard

locuturus

I'm hoping for a better DeX mode. Current works, but some apps are iffy, and some functionality is missing:

- always on top windows
- a more organised apps screen
- Improved taskbar with less clutter (gesture navigation should help with that)
- resizable handwriting keyboard
I'll add to that:
- using the keyboard to launch apps is a mess. Needs revamping.

- Mousing is bad. Outside of DeX [middle-click] = [home] and [right-click] = [back]. This is so stupid that even if by some stroke of awful luck someone actually got used to it Samsung turns it off in DeX because of course [right-click] should trigger context menus!! But, DeX handles [middle-click] in a way that prevents apps from understanding it. So it doesn't send [home] anymore but it just doesn't work either. If you wonder what apps use middle-click try a mouse with Chrome on any Pixel device. It works like it does on PC. Let's mention scrolling. The mouse wheel can only scroll in-focus apps in DeX. Like old school Windows. The OEM trackpad can scroll background apps because someone at Samsung apparently tested that. Free windows in AOSP Android since v8 scroll background windows fine, just DeX has this problem.

- Keyboard nav isn't great and I don't mean the OEM hardware. I have so far noticed the [ESC] key appears to send [back] instead of [ESC] and that's a no-go for some work loads and just breaks the paradigm for no good reason.

-My 10+ in screen really needs the notification shade centered and consuming 6 in of width?

I am used to a Pixel C and before that a Nexus 10. Neither had DeX mode and neither had an S-Pen but both tablets knew how a friggin mouse works. Both tablets knew what the [ESC] key is for. Both could be made to feel like large screen landscape tablets. Both had serious flaws but I didn't think input devices would be a problem for the Tab S6. Realize the OEM trackpad doesn't allow right clicking outside of DeX because it would send the [back] command every time someone tapped with 2 fingers! This thing feels more cobbled together every time I use it (and I am a long time Android tablet user haha).

I'm annoyed and it's because I want this to be better and it feels close like it was rushed or something and could have been better.

Top Liked Posts