Android 10 issues/bugs

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Since Android 10 dropped, if anyone notices any bugs or issues I figured it would be good to make a thread about them. Been using Android 10 since it dropped, and one issue that I have noticed is my signal is more sloppy and inconsistent which may be a radio issue. I am using Sprint, but the signal has been more spotty and the reception overall has declined.

Reactions: Ktnxd

omky_b4u

Aug 31, 2013
Pune
Biggest issue, battery drained so fast after update. Standby mode eat up more juice compare to Android 9. 9 was giving me 6-7 hrs SOT now it's just about 3-4 hrs SOT. Few apps which were using battery percentage half of it's usage time now using double battery.look like apps are not yet optimized for Android 10.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Biggest issue, battery drained so fast after update. Standby mode eat up more juice compare to Android 9. 9 was giving me 6-7 hrs SOT now it's just about 3-4 hrs SOT. Few apps which were using battery percentage half of it's usage time now using double battery.look like apps are not yet optimized for Android 10.

I've had that too, but it's not too significant, and i wouldn't worry about it for the first few days while things optimize but i also noticed slight battery drain.

Been trying to update the signals. The radio is definitely having issues for my carrier.

ckenney

Sep 5, 2019
Pixel 3 in the Call Application, my screen goes black after call in connected and I can't seem to get the screen to become active again until call is over and I hit the power button twice. This just started after an OTA update to 10...

walkah21

Jan 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
I updated to 10 OTA and since updating my wifi calling isn't working. Whenever I try to toggle it, it just says that it's unavailable and to try again later. I haven't performed a factory reset because it's always such a pain to do that (especially with all the accounts I have using 2FA w/ Google Authenticator).

My cell/data reception has also been significantly decreased, according to my little indicator in the notifications.

Anybody else having these issues?

Last edited:

canadianclub

Dec 2, 2011
Calgary
My reception has always been poor with this phone so I cannot confirm our deny that it's worse on Android 10 stable.

However I ota updated from final beta to stable 10 and my phone randomly goes home while I'm using it. Really annoying when having an app open to have the home screen constantly appear.

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Personally I'm having between 2 and 3 hours of SOT, and always had those stats on Android 9 too, for very basic using (no calls, no gaming, no videos, slight browsing, few SMS, etc). Hope battery will be much better for the Pixel 4...

georgs_town

May 1, 2018
Unbeliavable, how google tries to force you towards its search engine!! I could probably get used to thr new gestures, but not to that notorious search bar!! There is no reason to block all Launchers from working with gestures. I hope somebody will soon hack that!

Reactions: sandro1978

Toronadian

Apr 17, 2013
As I said in another thread, I have not been able to flash the factory image of either the .019 or .020 firmware. I've been doing the method of running the flash.bat file minus "-w" to prevent it from wiping my phone, using the latest SDK Platform Tools and after trying both they both cause a bootloop. My phone will attempt to boot up 2 different times and fail (assuming once for each partition, A & B?) then go back to fastboot mode.

Considering this other major bug with the sensors now not working, I guess holding off may actually a good thing for me for now.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Had no issue with sensors but am stock unrooted since the phone was purchased. From that link it appears it may be a rooting issue. I'm surprised that that it didn't go away though after wiping and reflashing stock images and relocking the bootloader

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Had no issue with sensors but am stock unrooted since the phone was purchased. From that link it appears it may be a rooting issue. I'm surprised that that it didn't go away though after wiping and reflashing stock images and relocking the bootloader
still nobody knows what caused it but according to some users it seems it happened also for people who never modified their phones (people with not unlockable bl)

luckana

Apr 30, 2012
Burgas
It's weird, this sensor bug everyone is having i never once had sth like that, flashed the official q factory image from beta 6 via the tool-all-in-one app. What i was thinking is, does the phone have different hardware revisions ? I am with the initial rev and can't tell

cle_m_ent

Nov 8, 2008
Lyon
Hello.

I have the freeze too. Random freezing from the notification. Freezing with the recent app. Sometime black wallpaper with Nova Launcher.

The Q is with bug who don't have the beta or Android 9....

cadcamaro

Jun 14, 2013
Irvine, CA
Gotten at least 3 random reboots since taking. Anyone else getting periodic recent app switching freezing or random reboots?

Yes, I've had a few random reboots since updating. It's been happening randomly in Google maps, YouTube, etc. I don't really want to factory reset unless I have to though.

kend0g

Sep 11, 2013
Hey guys here is an android 10 bug on my Verizon pixel 3, when I goto the recent apps and try to clear them they will all get cleared and then when I go back to it they are all still there. Anyone else having this problem?

Im using google Launcher, and when I change the gestures sometime they all clear for good but sometimes they still won't until I restart the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Android 10 dropped, if anyone notices any bugs or issues I figured it would be good to make a thread about them. Been using Android 10 since it dropped, and one issue that I have noticed is my signal is more sloppy and inconsistent which may be a radio issue. I am using Sprint, but the signal has been more spotty and the reception overall has declined.
    Unbeliavable, how google tries to force you towards its search engine!! I could probably get used to thr new gestures, but not to that notorious search bar!! There is no reason to block all Launchers from working with gestures. I hope somebody will soon hack that!
    i have noticed that screen becomes unresponsive and it's always when i am getting a text or something. once i saw the notification at the top of the screen that i had received a text but swiping down from the top did nothing. yesterday i was scrolling down on instagram i think it was, the screen went unresponsive for several seconds and i had received a text at the same time as the screen quit responding. irritating.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone