• We are moving to xdaforums.com!

Posts made between now and when the migration is complete will not be carried over.
    You will be automatically redirected once the migration is complete.

Android 10 K2001Q T3 head unit update

Search This thread

Elijaboi

Apr 28, 2023
@sunujacob Thanks for your support. Is there a way to check my update.zip file? (I mean use it as an image in android studio emulator etc.?)

Also to revert back to this backup which i took, do I just use the same go to facotry settings->update.zip or adb push. If ADB push, please share steps?

Last edited:

Elijaboi

Apr 28, 2023
Can I use this latest update @kavirz ? My resolution is not 1024x800 . Can I install the latest update and then update the radio app via apk?

Attachments

• InkedWhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 12.17.37 AM (2).jpg
    InkedWhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 12.17.37 AM (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 12.17.37 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 12.17.37 AM (1).jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 152
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 12.17.37 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 12.17.37 AM.jpeg
    606.3 KB · Views: 155

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
Can I use this latest update @kavirz ? My resolution is not 1024x800 . Can I install the latest update and then update the radio app via apk?
All the updates that I post is for 1024*800, and will not work on on your radio unfortunately. I do not get updates for that resolution. I do know that somebody did try it and it only displayed partially on the screen so unles you have the original firmware or an update that you know works, please be careful.

papontee

Feb 4, 2014
I started this thread specifically for the K2001Q T3 models.

The T3/T3L has quite a few different firmwares and I am not sure if they can be exchanged and will work properly so I suggest to only load this only models that show K2001Q. The Q stands for Android 10. If you have any other K2001 models, this update will try but not work as changing Android versions can only be done using the .img file and I am not aware of any Android 10 .img file being available as yet.

If you radio shows K2001N but says Android 10, it is showing Fake Android 10 as N is Android 7. You can try this update but it will fail.

To confirm which model you have, go to Apps, Car settings, System settings, System Info. It must say K2001Q. MCUVersion doesn't matter.

I have attached a sample picture. It is also the latest firmware available for this model that I received from the manufacturer. I will post in this thread from now on as the previous thread has the T3 P1 model which this is but the K2001Q seems to be different firmware or has some different chips so might not be compatible with the other firmware. That model has the car settings in the Android settings menu which is completely different.

To update, download the zip file, rename it to update.zip, put it on the root of your flash.
Go to Apps, Car Settings, System settings, System Update. It should say there is an update available and you hit start. Unit will be reset back to factory once done. If the radio had DSP & Car Play, it will still be there when you update.

For changing the launcher (No aftermarket launcher is supported), do the following:
Apps -> Car Settings -> System Settings -> Factory Settings (Password is 16176699) -> Style Settings (Password is 111333). I prefer Style 3.

Car settings has a lot of new stuff. Like Desktop Settings. No idea what it is and I just received this firmware today to it will take time to figure it out. Factory settings -> Customized settings ... has a lot of options. Sleep, Voice control (never tested this), etc. If you need to change something, it will be there.

There are risks updating your radio so please do so at your risk. I did not write this firmware or own it or confirm it will work correctly for you. Try make sure you be as careful when updating as bricking your radio will
mean you will stuggle to fix it as no .img file is available to flash the radio directly.

Latest Stable Update (Given to me 09032023) with a software date of 15112022.

Latest update now has ZLink5 for units with carplay which supports wireless android auto as well which is nice. And it runs well and fast. Still playing around with it.

Update (20211224):

New update was given to me on 15/08/2022.

I have just started testing the above and it will take a few weeks to see if there is any downsides to updating the radio. So far, Radio app is the different version with the circle but it now does save settings when closing and reopening the app.

**Do not update if your radio is not on 1024x800 resolution as the update will cause problems with the unit and it will not display correctly.
Does anyone know how to change 'Boot logo'?
Boot logo list was missing after update the latest one.
Please give me an advise.

Edit: I've found the way!
Create boot_logo folder in sdcard partition of head unit and paste boot logo image file there(with resolution of the head unit, my head unit is 1024 x 600).

Last edited:
Reactions: kavirz

sunujacob

Mar 21, 2022
@sunujacob Thanks for your support. Is there a way to check my update.zip file? (I mean use it as an image in android studio emulator etc.?)

Also to revert back to this backup which i took, do I just use the same go to facotry settings->update.zip or adb push. If ADB push, please share steps?
Yes. same steps as regular update.zip. through settings.

matreso

Jun 2, 2023
Hello @kavirz I would like to know if you can tell me why when I open the Zlink app I get the following message: The MFI chip is not detected and the CarPlay feature wont work. It asks me for an activation code
When I bought it, they told me that it included Carplay/Android Auto, but I couldn't activate it.

I wait your answer thank you

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
Hello @kavirz I would like to know if you can tell me why when I open the Zlink app I get the following message: The MFI chip is not detected and the CarPlay feature wont work. It asks me for an activation code
When I bought it, they told me that it included Carplay/Android Auto, but I couldn't activate it.

I wait your answer thank you
If the MFI chip is not detected, your radio does not support car play. Car play support is hardware and software. Hardware is the chip and software is ZLink. Only want to add it would now be with an external car play device.

andrewbc836

Jul 3, 2023
Hello.

I'm trying to find an update for my Binize 10" "Android 10" head unit. I was trying to read through all of the posts here, and it looks like the ones that @kavirz has shared or mentioned are for 1024x800 display? According to the report from CPU Z, my display is 1024x600. Does anyone have or can anyone help me find a good firmware update for my head unit? What's the latest Android that it can update to? I'm kind of new to modifying this thing, so any help is very much appreciated. I'm not afraid to do complicated things though.

Thanks.

Andy

CPU-Z report

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 10.08.26 PM.png

Attachments

• 3FA11C00-B250-4C75-8633-D0DD81147ED7_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    3FA11C00-B250-4C75-8633-D0DD81147ED7_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 44
  • D19AF431-0A7A-463C-A8A0-22EEFF442A18_1_102_a Large.jpeg
    D19AF431-0A7A-463C-A8A0-22EEFF442A18_1_102_a Large.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 87369C88-C50C-4552-9B93-F8A29D2E9094_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    87369C88-C50C-4552-9B93-F8A29D2E9094_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 31
  • AD4BA351-7BFD-4B3A-8725-767BBD95507F_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    AD4BA351-7BFD-4B3A-8725-767BBD95507F_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 5B2F45A7-5B0F-4E44-B58E-B503B550F9B7_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    5B2F45A7-5B0F-4E44-B58E-B503B550F9B7_1_201_a Large.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 30

natexkzm

Oct 28, 2013
do these android deck's have crossovers built in for separating sub, mid and high frequencies?

ruhaizat

Jul 10, 2023
IMG_20230705_174518.jpg

Hi, I would need some help. How can I replace default apps on the Home Screen? For example, I would like the launcher to open Spotify when clicking on Music. Thank you!

Rasputina

Jul 22, 2023

The T3/T3L has quite a few different firmwares and I am not sure if they can be exchanged and will work properly so I suggest to only load this only models that show K2001Q. The Q stands for Android 10. If you have any other K2001 models, this update will try but not work as changing Android versions can only be done using the .img file and I am not aware of any Android 10 .img file being available as yet.

If you radio shows K2001N but says Android 10, it is showing Fake Android 10 as N is Android 7. You can try this update but it will fail.

To confirm which model you have, go to Apps, Car settings, System settings, System Info. It must say K2001Q. MCUVersion doesn't matter.

I have attached a sample picture. It is also the latest firmware available for this model that I received from the manufacturer. I will post in this thread from now on as the previous thread has the T3 P1 model which this is but the K2001Q seems to be different firmware or has some different chips so might not be compatible with the other firmware. That model has the car settings in the Android settings menu which is completely different.

To update, download the zip file, rename it to update.zip, put it on the root of your flash.
Go to Apps, Car Settings, System settings, System Update. It should say there is an update available and you hit start. Unit will be reset back to factory once done. If the radio had DSP & Car Play, it will still be there when you update.

For changing the launcher (No aftermarket launcher is supported), do the following:
Apps -> Car Settings -> System Settings -> Factory Settings (Password is 16176699) -> Style Settings (Password is 111333). I prefer Style 3.

Car settings has a lot of new stuff. Like Desktop Settings. No idea what it is and I just received this firmware today to it will take time to figure it out. Factory settings -> Customized settings ... has a lot of options. Sleep, Voice control (never tested this), etc. If you need to change something, it will be there.

There are risks updating your radio so please do so at your risk. I did not write this firmware or own it or confirm it will work correctly for you. Try make sure you be as careful when updating as bricking your radio will
mean you will stuggle to fix it as no .img file is available to flash the radio directly.

Latest update now has ZLink5 for units with carplay which supports wireless android auto as well which is nice. And it runs well and fast. Still playing around with it.

Update (20211224):

I have just started testing the above and it will take a few weeks to see if there is any downsides to updating the radio. So far, Radio app is the different version with the circle but it now does save settings when closing and reopening the app.

**Do not update if your radio is not on 1024x800 resolution as the update will cause problems with the unit and it will not display correctly.
Thanks, this has been enlightening, I just realised that the Android 2 GB ram head unit that I bought in Aliexpress is a fake Android 12. however, I have to deal with it and since I have a K2001N_JYT would you suggest any other firmware that could have better performance than the standard aliexpress stuff? These are other specifications of the software:

APPVER: K2001N_JYT_S212303.20221118.093643.H4H5.01

PlatformVER: K20N-2022/11/17{12:15:17}1.00R

MCUVER: V3.7-FF01-20221119-A02-CAN0000-00-00-

BTVER: XR829_V2.0/2022:09:23:(10:2

CANAPPVER: v.22.11.1 0A_3.0[1 6:00]

Hacker513

Oct 8, 2017
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello everyone. I've been exploring ways to patch the boot file to enable Magisk installation or otherwise root the unit. Has anyone successfully tried this? Furthermore, has anyone installed different firmware or overclocked the unit to enhance performance? My main motivation for jailbreaking is to install Viper4Android, so I'm particularly interested if anyone has done that as well.

Elias0197

Sep 20, 2023

Update (20211224):

Recién adquirí una autoradio android k2001n, al entrar a zlink5 no me permite conectar a CarPlay o Android auto, la pantalla se queda en negro, alguna solución por favor?

Attachments

• IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7668.jpeg
    IMG_7668.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

pinguinmax

Sep 25, 2023
I did an update, on a k2101 with this info. app version k2001Q_jsh. worked as a charm, radio now without issues.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update (20211224):

I recommend the update works quite well.
    improvements I have noticed in my unit.
    OBD2 connects at last.
    GPS connects quickly.
    and kavirz I have no problems with the radio app, it works perfectly for me and the station names are appreciated.
    change ui theme without having to go through factory mode.
    I like it a lot, thank you very much
    Another question, does carplay work with this HU? I coudn't find ZLink app when I updated firmware.

Files below. zlink 5.3.9 support wireless Android auto. Other is radio file.
    Been working hard and got a new update...

Interesting changes I have noticed:
    New Radio app.
    UI Theme can now be controlled by its own app.
    New update based on 20211224.