Android 10 K2001Q T3 head unit update

Search This thread

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
I'm confuse, can we put all the updates with version on a repo,?
I will upload all the softwares I have to Mega so the dates are displayed.

So I cannot upload it to Mega and share the whole folder. Will try make changes so I can.

Should be there already. Download the latest one.

Anybody know of a storage repo I can use to upload the updates for free?

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
Hola, creo que esta vez lo hice bien.
He subido el último proporcionado por el vendedor.
Ocupa menos espacio que el de kavirz, no se en que se diferencian.

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
IMG_20220122_143644.jpg

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
The Aliexpress rom does not work with my radio. It says the version I am trying to install is older then the version currently on the radio. See the image attached.

If somebody has a older radio to test with, that could work. It does mean though the the update I posted with date 25/11/2021 is newer.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 69

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
According to the error messages, you update is dates 11 September 2019 (Unix timestamp to date).

My update accord to the error shows date as 19 March 2020.

But I know the firmware I gave here shows date when checking car settings as 25 November 2021. I have seen a lot of updates as they changed it from the old firmware to the new one. It is a lot quicker and more stable.

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
I have already seen it.
You are right it is K2001 letter O for android 8.
I have told the seller to send me another valid update for the unit since mine is android 10 letter Q.

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
ota-required-cache=0
ota-type=BLOCK
post-build=Allwinner/t3_k2001o_nwd/t3-k2001o-nwd:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.026/20190911:user/test-keys
post-timestamp=1568200813
pre-device=t3-k2001o-nwd

inside android metada folder

Reactions: kavirz

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
kavirz you have a radio apk that displays station names large.
I went back to the previous one that I have because I see them better

agungagz

Oct 26, 2012
I started this thread specifically for the K2001Q T3 models.

The T3/T3L has quite a few different firmwares and I am not sure if they can be exchanged and will work properly so I suggest to only load this only models that show K2001Q. The Q stands for Android 10. If you have any other K2001 models, this update will try but not work as changing Android versions can only be done using the .img file and I am not aware of any Android 10 .img file being available as yet.

If you radio shows K2001N but says Android 10, it is showing Fake Android 10 as N is Android 7. You can try this update but it will fail.

To confirm which model you have, go to Apps, Car settings, System settings, System Info. It must say K2001Q. MCUVersion doesn't matter.

I have attached a sample picture. It is also the latest firmware available for this model that I received from the manufacturer. I will post in this thread from now on as the previous thread has the T3 P1 model which this is but the K2001Q seems to be different firmware or has some different chips so might not be compatible with the other firmware. That model has the car settings in the Android settings menu which is completely different.

I will post the update in the next post.

To update, download the zip file, rename it to update.zip, put it on the root of your flash.
Go to Apps, Car Settings, System settings, System Update. It should say there is an update available and you hit start. Unit will be reset back to factory once done. If the radio had DSP & Car Play, it will still be there when you update.

For changing the launcher (No aftermarket launcher is supported), do the following:
Apps -> Car Settings -> System Settings -> Factory Settings (Password is 16176699) -> Style Settings (Password is 111333). I prefer Style 3.

Car settings has a lot of new stuff. Like Desktop Settings. No idea what it is and I just received this firmware today to it will take time to figure it out. Factory settings -> Customized settings ... has a lot of options. Sleep, Voice control (never tested this), etc. If you need to change something, it will be there.

There are risks updating your radio so please do so at your risk. I did not write this firmware or own it or confirm it will work correctly for you. Try make sure you be as careful when updating as bricking your radio will mean you will stuggle to fix it as no .img file is available to flash the radio directly.
Hi Kavirz! Thank you for this. I have successfully updated my head unit using the update file from you.

Just curious, why the UI style in this version only has 3 style, while the previous version has 11?

and then another question, any tips on how to make this headunit faster and more responsive? the google maps is so slow to load.

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I upodated my Binize radio purchased on Amazon to this version today. Binize confirmed in the QA section on Amazon that it is the T3. I was happy to see the speedometer on UI1 can be chainged from KM to miles by touching the speedometer. I also have the Agame launcher loaded for my wife and it works well with our unit. It is set as default in the android settings AND, under desktop settings it appears as an option. When checked, the radio defaults to Agame on strartup, with the Home button, and when using the back button from the radio.
    Agame.jpg
    Setting.jpg
    I started this thread specifically for the K2001Q T3 models.

The T3/T3L has quite a few different firmwares and I am not sure if they can be exchanged and will work properly so I suggest to only load this only models that show K2001Q. The Q stands for Android 10. If you have any other K2001 models, this update will try but not work as changing Android versions can only be done using the .img file and I am not aware of any Android 10 .img file being available as yet.

If you radio shows K2001N but says Android 10, it is showing Fake Android 10 as N is Android 7. You can try this update but it will fail.

To confirm which model you have, go to Apps, Car settings, System settings, System Info. It must say K2001Q. MCUVersion doesn't matter.

I have attached a sample picture. It is also the latest firmware available for this model that I received from the manufacturer. I will post in this thread from now on as the previous thread has the T3 P1 model which this is but the K2001Q seems to be different firmware or has some different chips so might not be compatible with the other firmware. That model has the car settings in the Android settings menu which is completely different.

To update, download the zip file, rename it to update.zip, put it on the root of your flash.
    Go to Apps, Car Settings, System settings, System Update. It should say there is an update available and you hit start. Unit will be reset back to factory once done. If the radio had DSP & Car Play, it will still be there when you update.

For changing the launcher (No aftermarket launcher is supported), do the following:
    Apps -> Car Settings -> System Settings -> Factory Settings (Password is 16176699) -> Style Settings (Password is 111333). I prefer Style 3.

Car settings has a lot of new stuff. Like Desktop Settings. No idea what it is and I just received this firmware today to it will take time to figure it out. Factory settings -> Customized settings ... has a lot of options. Sleep, Voice control (never tested this), etc. If you need to change something, it will be there.

There are risks updating your radio so please do so at your risk. I did not write this firmware or own it or confirm it will work correctly for you. Try make sure you be as careful when updating as bricking your radio will mean you will stuggle to fix it as no .img file is available to flash the radio directly.

Latest update (20211224):

Interesting changes I have noticed:
    New Radio app.
    UI Theme can now be controlled by its own app.

**Do not update if your radio is not on 1024x800 resolution as the update will cause problems with the unit and it will not display correctly.
    I recommend the update works quite well.
    improvements I have noticed in my unit.
    OBD2 connects at last.
    GPS connects quickly.
    and kavirz I have no problems with the radio app, it works perfectly for me and the station names are appreciated.
    change ui theme without having to go through factory mode.
    I like it a lot, thank you very much
    Been working hard and got a new update...

Interesting changes I have noticed:
    New Radio app.
    UI Theme can now be controlled by its own app.
    New update based on 20211224.
    I upodated my Binize radio purchased on Amazon to this version today. Binize confirmed in the QA section on Amazon that it is the T3. I was happy to see the speedometer on UI1 can be chainged from KM to miles by touching the speedometer. I also have the Agame launcher loaded for my wife and it works well with our unit. It is set as default in the android settings AND, under desktop settings it appears as an option. When checked, the radio defaults to Agame on strartup, with the Home button, and when using the back button from the radio.
    Agame.jpg
    Setting.jpg