Android 10 K2001Q T3 head unit update

Search This thread

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
I started this thread specifically for the K2001Q T3 models.

The T3/T3L has quite a few different firmwares and I am not sure if they can be exchanged and will work properly so I suggest to only load this only models that show K2001Q. The Q stands for Android 10. If you have any other K2001 models, this update will try but not work as changing Android versions can only be done using the .img file and I am not aware of any Android 10 .img file being available as yet.

If you radio shows K2001N but says Android 10, it is showing Fake Android 10 as N is Android 7. You can try this update but it will fail.

To confirm which model you have, go to Apps, Car settings, System settings, System Info. It must say K2001Q. MCUVersion doesn't matter.

I have attached a sample picture. It is also the latest firmware available for this model that I received from the manufacturer. I will post in this thread from now on as the previous thread has the T3 P1 model which this is but the K2001Q seems to be different firmware or has some different chips so might not be compatible with the other firmware. That model has the car settings in the Android settings menu which is completely different.

To update, download the zip file, rename it to update.zip, put it on the root of your flash.
Go to Apps, Car Settings, System settings, System Update. It should say there is an update available and you hit start. Unit will be reset back to factory once done. If the radio had DSP & Car Play, it will still be there when you update.

For changing the launcher (No aftermarket launcher is supported), do the following:
Apps -> Car Settings -> System Settings -> Factory Settings (Password is 16176699) -> Style Settings (Password is 111333). I prefer Style 3.

Car settings has a lot of new stuff. Like Desktop Settings. No idea what it is and I just received this firmware today to it will take time to figure it out. Factory settings -> Customized settings ... has a lot of options. Sleep, Voice control (never tested this), etc. If you need to change something, it will be there.

There are risks updating your radio so please do so at your risk. I did not write this firmware or own it or confirm it will work correctly for you. Try make sure you be as careful when updating as bricking your radio will
mean you will stuggle to fix it as no .img file is available to flash the radio directly.

Latest Stable Update (Given to me 09032023) with a software date of 15112022.

Latest update now has ZLink5 for units with carplay which supports wireless android auto as well which is nice. And it runs well and fast. Still playing around with it.

Update (20211224):

New update was given to me on 15/08/2022.

I have just started testing the above and it will take a few weeks to see if there is any downsides to updating the radio. So far, Radio app is the different version with the circle but it now does save settings when closing and reopening the app.

**Do not update if your radio is not on 1024x800 resolution as the update will cause problems with the unit and it will not display correctly.

Attachments

• Radio.JPG
    Radio.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 3,359
Last edited:

Mandi karshmay

Jan 7, 2022
thankyou kavirz!! you have helped many with your knoledge and skill.
can you resend the newest update?----the link is broken Thankyou!

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
descargué la actualización de kavirz y funcionó perfectamente.

Tengo la función de dormir cerrada. ¿Cómo lo haces?

Srsuri

Nov 25, 2013
hello quick question.
I tried to connect a bluetooh OBDII to this HW, it is possible to use with apps like :dashcommand?

Srsuri

Nov 25, 2013
Yea in the tool box and it pair but doesn’t connect, even with torque pro, also I notice that my physical buttons ar not working :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 785

Jose cx5

Jul 20, 2021
Barcelona
Los botones me funcionan, no creo que sea la culpa. Todavía no puedo conectar el obd con ningún apk, ni siquiera torque pro. Combínalo y nada más. Sin apk ni wifi.

kavirz

Mar 27, 2012
Johannesburg
Los botones me funcionan, no creo que sea la culpa. Todavía no puedo conectar el obd con ningún apk, ni siquiera torque pro. Combínalo y nada más. Sin apk ni wifi.

Which version of Torque pro are you using? I use the one from elm327.com. Download the apk and install it. I started Torque pro, then minimized it and went to tool box. Then sync'd it there. Then went back to torque pro and it showed it under bluetooth in the settings. It then connected to the OBD2 and worked fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    I took backup of the update.zip file in my head unit, it is reported as 1024x600
    I believe someone was asking for a ROM for this resolution, so I have uploaded it to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fe66smMDZJeS--cQ-XNCBvxtXihClm2V?usp=sharing
    This is the info on this version:

Software version v.22.08.09A_3.0(15:15) (1.210706) (C.210706)

APPVER:K2001QJYT $212202.20210728.104719

PlatformVer:K200-2021/07/20 12:58:48)-v0.01_R

MCUVER:V6.0-FF01-20210720-A02-CAN0017-17-00-00000000000-00

BTVER Bluetooth_V4.2_5876/2020:11:09:15:22:35
    I started this thread specifically for the K2001Q T3 models.

The T3/T3L has quite a few different firmwares and I am not sure if they can be exchanged and will work properly so I suggest to only load this only models that show K2001Q. The Q stands for Android 10. If you have any other K2001 models, this update will try but not work as changing Android versions can only be done using the .img file and I am not aware of any Android 10 .img file being available as yet.

If you radio shows K2001N but says Android 10, it is showing Fake Android 10 as N is Android 7. You can try this update but it will fail.

To confirm which model you have, go to Apps, Car settings, System settings, System Info. It must say K2001Q. MCUVersion doesn't matter.

I have attached a sample picture. It is also the latest firmware available for this model that I received from the manufacturer. I will post in this thread from now on as the previous thread has the T3 P1 model which this is but the K2001Q seems to be different firmware or has some different chips so might not be compatible with the other firmware. That model has the car settings in the Android settings menu which is completely different.

To update, download the zip file, rename it to update.zip, put it on the root of your flash.
    Go to Apps, Car Settings, System settings, System Update. It should say there is an update available and you hit start. Unit will be reset back to factory once done. If the radio had DSP & Car Play, it will still be there when you update.

For changing the launcher (No aftermarket launcher is supported), do the following:
    Apps -> Car Settings -> System Settings -> Factory Settings (Password is 16176699) -> Style Settings (Password is 111333). I prefer Style 3.

Car settings has a lot of new stuff. Like Desktop Settings. No idea what it is and I just received this firmware today to it will take time to figure it out. Factory settings -> Customized settings ... has a lot of options. Sleep, Voice control (never tested this), etc. If you need to change something, it will be there.

There are risks updating your radio so please do so at your risk. I did not write this firmware or own it or confirm it will work correctly for you. Try make sure you be as careful when updating as bricking your radio will
    mean you will stuggle to fix it as no .img file is available to flash the radio directly.

Latest Stable Update (Given to me 09032023) with a software date of 15112022.

Latest update now has ZLink5 for units with carplay which supports wireless android auto as well which is nice. And it runs well and fast. Still playing around with it.

Update (20211224):

New update was given to me on 15/08/2022.

I have just started testing the above and it will take a few weeks to see if there is any downsides to updating the radio. So far, Radio app is the different version with the circle but it now does save settings when closing and reopening the app.

**Do not update if your radio is not on 1024x800 resolution as the update will cause problems with the unit and it will not display correctly.
    I recommend the update works quite well.
    improvements I have noticed in my unit.
    OBD2 connects at last.
    GPS connects quickly.
    and kavirz I have no problems with the radio app, it works perfectly for me and the station names are appreciated.
    change ui theme without having to go through factory mode.
    I like it a lot, thank you very much
    Another question, does carplay work with this HU? I coudn't find ZLink app when I updated firmware.

Files below. zlink 5.3.9 support wireless Android auto. Other is radio file.
    Been working hard and got a new update...

Interesting changes I have noticed:
    New Radio app.
    UI Theme can now be controlled by its own app.
    New update based on 20211224.