Android 10 on the way

Search This thread

HT123

Jan 21, 2010
I tried grabbing the files from https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/river/official/RETAIL/ as I have done for the past updates and flashed them in fastboot. That resulted in soft-brick on the unlocked bootloader screen. I flashed back to the version that I was on before to get running again. I verified the commands with flashfile.xml to make sure I wasn't doing something weird. I am on 114-34-10 so I may try going up in order instead of skipping over some of the releases.

were you able to get this to work?

Do you have TWRP installed?

Last edited:

Cronoss

Jul 23, 2013
I tried grabbing the files from https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/river/official/RETAIL/ as I have done for the past updates and flashed them in fastboot. That resulted in soft-brick on the unlocked bootloader screen. I flashed back to the version that I was on before to get running again. I verified the commands with flashfile.xml to make sure I wasn't doing something weird. I am on 114-34-10 so I may try going up in order instead of skipping over some of the releases.

Just out of curiosity, did you also add
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10
when flashing?

That file is new.

I was about to flash it and almost forgot to check if there were any extra files.
Was planning on doing it this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: HT123

timecutter

Jun 2, 2017
were you able to get this to work?

Do you have TWRP installed?

No on TWRP. No on getting it to work. I went ahead and flashed the april security update to get me running on 114-134-14 and then tried to go to River_retail_qpu30.52-16-2 with the same result as River_retail_qpu30.52-16-2-2. It just hangs on the unlocked bootloader screen. I'll try more this weekend.

HT123

Jan 21, 2010
No on TWRP. No on getting it to work. I went ahead and flashed the april security update to get me running on 114-134-14 and then tried to go to River_retail_qpu30.52-16-2 with the same result as River_retail_qpu30.52-16-2-2. It just hangs on the unlocked bootloader screen. I'll try more this weekend.

did you flash logo.bin and sparsechunk10 i noticed those were not in most instructions.

timecutter

Jun 2, 2017
did you flash logo.bin and sparsechunk10 i noticed those were not in most instructions.

Nope on sparsechunk10 - yes on logo. Add sparsechunk10 and now it goes to a recovery screen saying that my data is corrupt. I flashed back to stock android 9 and all good again.

Code:
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin

fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9

fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.2

fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.2

fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img

fastboot erase DDR

fastboot reboot

HT123

Jan 21, 2010
Yeah, i couldn't get it to take until i formatted data. Such is life. If you want to retain the userdata you could backup to google and then restore on initial setup I guess.

I added some stuff from the flashfile.xml to your script.

i read on the pixel forum others experienced similar issues because cache needed to be formatted. I just needed my phone back so i formatted data.

Code:
fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
fastboot oem fb_mode_set

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

fastboot erase userdata

fastboot erase DDR

fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

fastboot reboot

Last edited:

kostopman1

Jul 10, 2020
I've installed Android 10 last night on my unlocked Google Fi G7. I am using Tello (Sprint MVNO). Unfortunately, I can't use LTE since the update. Lte has x mark on it and it changes to 3g. I tried carrier reset (*#*#72786#*#*) on stock dialer, and nothing happens, and there is no update prl or update profile menu anywhere. I think that once I reset carrier setting, it will be fine, but there is no way to do that.
If anyone knows, can I go back to android pie? I found this link (xdaforums.com/moto-g7/how-to/to-stock-relock-boot-loader-google-fi-t3966959). Do I need to unlock bootloader first to do this? and anyone kindly direct me how to unlock bootloader if I need to do it to downgrade. Thank you very much for your help in advance!

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I've updated my google fi unlocked G7 to android 10. Due to LTE (tello, Sprint MVNO) does not work, I want to go back to PIE. Mine is not rooted. To go back to pie, should I unlock the bootloader? Any advice?
I found the following post. xdaforums.com/moto-g7/how-to/to-stock-relock-boot-loader-google-fi-t3966959
Please help! Thank you!

Jae

Nope on sparsechunk10 - yes on logo. Add sparsechunk10 and now it goes to a recovery screen saying that my data is corrupt. I flashed back to stock android 9 and all good again.

Code:

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

fastboot erase DDR

fastboot reboot

HT123

Jan 21, 2010
I've installed Android 10 last night on my unlocked Google Fi G7. I am using Tello (Sprint MVNO). Unfortunately, I can't use LTE since the update. Lte has x mark on it and it changes to 3g. I tried carrier reset (*#*#72786#*#*) on stock dialer, and nothing happens, and there is no update prl or update profile menu anywhere. I think that once I reset carrier setting, it will be fine, but there is no way to do that.
If anyone knows, can I go back to android pie? I found this link (xdaforums.com/moto-g7/how-to/to-stock-relock-boot-loader-google-fi-t3966959). Do I need to unlock bootloader first to do this? and anyone kindly direct me how to unlock bootloader if I need to do it to downgrade. Thank you very much for your help in advance!

I have had to toggle Preferred Network Type back and forth after installing images via fast-boot in the past to get data in Verizon to work. Worth a shot.
Setting --> Network and Internet --> Mobile Network --> Preferred Network Type.

zeb carter

I just got my OTA for Android 10. I am not a happy camper. Phone is US Retail on Verizon (bought unlocked).

Why am I not a happy camper - Back & recent buttons have swapped sides at the bottom, notification bar at top has battery, LTE, WiFi on left, Weather and time on the right. These are opposite to what I had under Android 9 (Pie).

Under my Nova launcher, pages on the left are now swapped to right side and vice versa. 3 button gestures do not allow placement.

The adb shell trick does not work on swapping buttons around.

I am left handed and the old way worked perfect.

Update: things broken by this update:

Calendar shows the week in monthly view with Saturday starting the displayed week on the left side and ending on Sunday on the right side. GMail has the message selectors on the right hand side as well.

Has anyone else seen this backwards behavior? Suggestions on a fix?

zeb carter

rg449

Aug 10, 2014

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I've updated my google fi unlocked G7 to android 10. Due to LTE (tello, Sprint MVNO) does not work, I want to go back to PIE. Mine is not rooted. To go back to pie, should I unlock the bootloader? Any advice?

I found the following post. xdaforums.com/moto-g7/how-to/to-stock-relock-boot-loader-google-fi-t3966959

Please help! Thank you!

Jae
I updated to android 10 this morning and have not been able to connect to Verizon LTE network since. This is apparently a widespread issue, I am kicking myself for taking this update without researching it first.
I have posted about this on the Lenovo forum but was hoping someone here might have a fix.
I bought the phone, new in box, unlocked, from an individual on swappa.

Model XT1962-1
Build QPUS30.52-23-7

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just out of curiosity, did you also add
    Code:
    when flashing?

That file is new.

I was about to flash it and almost forgot to check if there were any extra files.
    Was planning on doing it this weekend.