• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 10 Open Beta for OP6T/OP6 now available!!

Search This thread

joemysterio

Feb 18, 2010
same issue, any luck to get back from bricked phone, now my OP6t doesn't boot up just show BUILD VERSION AND HW VERSION IS NOT MATCH on the screen and back off after 1 second, thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

any good news for unbricked this OP6T, i have same issue, converted T-Mobile to International and try upgraden to 10Beta1, wallaaaa get this situation,
thanks to help each others when you find the solution for it

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

is it working to unbricked, still download the files, thanks anyway

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

did your OP6t converted from T-Mobile to International? i have it, n after upgrade manual now my phone totally bricked with message : BUILD VERSION AND HW VERSION IS NOT MATCH' when i switch on it, are you succeeded recovering your phone? let me know how please
No, I had to recover to 9.0.13, then went down to 9.0.11 so I can get back onto international. Working on getting to back to OB so I can then figure out how to get to the 10 Beta.

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
same issue, any luck to get back from bricked phone, now my OP6t doesn't boot up just show BUILD VERSION AND HW VERSION IS NOT MATCH on the screen and back off after 1 second, thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

any good news for unbricked this OP6T, i have same issue, converted T-Mobile to International and try upgraden to 10Beta1, wallaaaa get this situation,
thanks to help each others when you find the solution for it

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

is it working to unbricked, still download the files, thanks anyway

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

did your OP6t converted from T-Mobile to International? i have it, n after upgrade manual now my phone totally bricked with message : BUILD VERSION AND HW VERSION IS NOT MATCH' when i switch on it, are you succeeded recovering your phone? let me know how please
In order to fix it, unplug the phone and let it shut off. Then you hold volume up and volume down while you plug it back in. That should connect under Qloader/Qcom in device manager. From there use msmtool. I used v4.0.58 which allows bootloader unlock on our tmobile variant. Boom back to rooted and latest beta after a couple of flashes.

Fabi0_Z

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone else having troubles with Google Pay? It's says I can't do NFC payments because my phone it's rooted, but it's all stock and my bootloader locked, I've also made a safety net test, everything went well and my DRM info even says I've L1 enabled

I've also noticed that I'm unable to boot into TWRP from fastboot (and obliviously the bootloader unlocked)

EspElement

Jan 19, 2012
So my guess is us with T-Mobile have to wait until they release their update then we can probably do the same update with man to get international version? Super lame...

NYYFan325

May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
OnePlus 9 Pro
What I'm confused by is I can take a normal OTA no problem, or even flash from stable to beta (I was on the latest beta before this soft brick happened)... What is it about the 10 update causing the hw mismatch error? What is different about flashing that vs the others?

rstancu

Apr 16, 2019
Android 10 issues

Does ambient display work for you guys? And GPays says that I need to grant play services sms permissions but it does not have this option...

Nando14sunny

Apr 28, 2012
Lindau
Hello there,

got the "non T-Mobile" version -> Model A6013

Im currently on Beta 17. Is it safe to upgrade for me?
And if so, can i just flash it via twrp and them magisk-root it like allways?

rstancu

Apr 16, 2019
Permissions Issues

I also have permissions issues, apps could not read internal storage, even with correct permissions, had to reinstall them. Contacts app is not working since I can set it to have location access all the time, it defaults to only when the app is running... Anyone else having these issues?

jack5225

Mar 1, 2016
Kolkata
Black screen after the update

I am facing a serious issue. I was on Magisk v20.0 and Twrp 3.3.1-1

- I uninstalled Magisk
- Installed the OTA from local
- Installed Magisk on the second partition
- Reboot

Phone rebooted
But I am getting a totally blacked out screen. Calls work, vibration, Oneplus gestures work, just the screen is black (even in safe mode)

Can anyone please help me get this sorted (with data preserved if possible) I didn't back up the data cuz I wanted to do it after I updated to 10 (as downgrading wipes the system)

Problems:
ADB is not working (unauthorized) as I haven't turned on any developer options yet and can't due to black screen.
No way to unroot at this point without adb or twrp.

Thanks in advance.

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
The new Android 10 and methods of flashing are long over in the future. Just go over to the OP 7pro forum and read their flashing issues etc.

Magisk 20 is supported on Q, just not TWRP. Look at the other threads on the two methods to get root. Suggest reading that before you update so you know what you are getting into.

Last edited:

Josiah1231

Nov 2, 2018
Fix Soft brick for T-Mobile turned internation OnePlus 6t

I bricked my phone twice. All you have to do is follow the steps you did to turn the phone to the international version the first time. Then you can get the stable 9.0.17 build via oxygen updated. Unfortunately I still can't get the a10 beta to work but at least you'll have a working phone. Hope this helps!

Caltinpla

Sep 16, 2014
Garden State
I bricked my phone twice. All you have to do is follow the steps you did to turn the phone to the international version the first time. Then you can get the stable 9.0.17 build via oxygen updated. Unfortunately I still can't get the a10 beta to work but at least you'll have a working phone. Hope this helps!
Same boat here! I'm holding my breath for the next compatible release update.

Don't do it folks if you have a converted TMobile 6T variant. Save yourself time and hassle!!!

Reactions: Josiah1231

irlapr

Oct 20, 2019
Updated on OTA OFFICIAL update

So I got the official OTA update for Android 10 Beta. Phone started normally but facing many issues. Primary one being no option for fingerprint unlock. Can't use fingerprint scanner anymore. Help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The t-mobile softbrick is being pretty stubborn. There's no fastboot, so I am trying to use the MsmDownloadTool. Unfortunately it is failing to flash for me. I'm getting error "FirehoseReadData Failed, Errno: 31". I get the same error on both the patched 6T_MsmDownloadTool_v4.0.58_OOS_v9.0.11 and on "fajitat_34_O.13_190725_repack".

Looks like this brick will be more difficult to overcome than expected.

Mine just completed and has booted up. I used the one here. https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/tool-t-mobile-oneplus-6t-msmdownloadtool-t3868916

9.0v2. It took 3 downloads before I got one with a matching md5. Now I just need to reconvert it to the international.
    Just waiting for the download to be available. See screenshot from OP6T forum at OnePlus. It's about time!

WARNING : DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU HAVE A T-MOBILE VERSION CONVERTED TO THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION! IT WILL NOT WORK!! YOU WILL END UP WITH A BRICKED PHONE!!

Screenshot_20191019-025648.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I went from the global stable to this and now my phone is bricked, it won't boot just says "build version and hw version is not match". I have a T-Mobile OP6T that was flashed to the global stable version.

The link posted on a few pages back is not meant for carrier phones like yours that's why it's soft bricked. It is meant for unlocked non carrier OnePlus 6/6T phones. Sorry that happened to you.
    Thanks for your reply. I thought I had the International version. I got the phone from my brother so not sure if it was from TMo (I did not see any TMo logo while booting so assumed it was not).
    Got the MSMTool (TMo one; tried the international version before I saw your comment and that failed) and just completed the whole process. What a waste of time.
    Phone is up now and restoring from Google Android backup.
    In future - which update notification should one install and proceed with?

Not a problem, glad I could help!

If you just leave it with the stock Tmo software on there, any update should be safe to install...I have a Tmo version also, switched to the int'l software, and thought that the update would be fine since it gave me the notification - but I ended up in the same boat, this was on Thursday so that's how your issues were still so fresh in my memory.

But yeah, like I said - any future updates *should* be safe, but it's always at your own risk....