• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 10 or 11 for M5 8,4

Search This thread

Renarde

Sep 16, 2021
Hello everybody
I am a beginner and before look for bootloader my Huawei m5 8.4, I would know if it is possible to have Android 10 or 11 on my tablet (Sht-w09)?
Thanks for your help

Renarde

Sep 16, 2021
Perhaps my request seem strange but it is important for me to have the answer to do not mistake.
If it is impossible, I don't touch at my bootloader

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
you do not need to "install" treble. The Android version of the M5 is based on treble and that enables you to install those GSI images.
... are you sure you know what you are doing and you have your bootloader already opened? Please read and study a bit before starting to mess with ROM flashing. It's quite easy to create a brick 😉

Renarde

Sep 16, 2021
Yes you have reason when you wrote your post because I had use DC-unlocker for my bootloader but when I installed test point, my tablet has turned off and no longer turns on, no longer charges.
I tried power bottom during 30 s, volume bottom etc.
My tablet is dead.

massima

Nov 7, 2014
Yes you have reason when you wrote your post because I had use DC-unlocker for my bootloader but when I installed test point, my tablet has turned off and no longer turns on, no longer charges.
I tried power bottom during 30 s, volume bottom etc.
My tablet is dead.
It is not clear, did you successfully unlock your bootloader?? If yes, did you flash the right phh treble "*.img"?

massima

Nov 7, 2014
Fastboot mode don't work, I try it.
The screen is black, nothing happen, no light etc
I suggest to search on the web, any android devices should boot in fastbost or recovery mode. Do you try to downgrade the firmware or flash a wrong one?

I remember to enter in fastboot mode: while is off, press VOL UP then connect to a usb port the M5.
For the recovery mode: the M5 is off, press POWER+VOLUP.