• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android 10] Project treble for Xperia X

Search This thread

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Project treble for Xperia X [ android 10]
Based on Sony Open Devices

Based on Pavel's works
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,.

This is built as dual model, but it could also work on F5121.

Required files:
[OEM file:] Download link
Recommend: V9
[Treble files:] Download link
[Twrp-Q] Download link

How to flash::
First: Flash Twrp I built which supports a Vendor Partition
Code:
fastboot flash recovery < Path of recovery.img >
Second:Format Data and Cache in twrp
Flash treble images in fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot flash:raw boot < Path of boot.img >
Code:
fastboot flash cache < Path of vendor.img >
Third: flash SW_binaries provided by Sony.
You can also download it from Sony official website.
Code:
fastboot flash oem < Path of OEM.img >
Fourth: Flash a GSI compatible System image and boot! Notice: GSI should be arm64 A/B type
Code:
fastboot flash system < Path of GSI-System.img >

Source Codes
Kernel
Contributors
Sjll @Cubbins
ROM OS Version: 10.0 Q
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9

Version Information

Donation:
Paypal

Created 2020-10-25
Last Updated 2020-10-25

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-235405.png
    Screenshot_20201024-235405.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

Noname_90

Oct 22, 2020
pls help me, i flashed my phone ok but at home sreen notice "
There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details."
how to fix it?
thank you bro

TechnoHT

Aug 27, 2019
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XZ1
Tested on F5122 ( Dual ), confirmed Lineage, Havoc and PE, AOSP can be used daily/
However if anyone planning to listen some music on it, use .flac format, .mp3 give you no sound, also Viper not working

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

pls help me, i flashed my phone ok but at home sreen notice "
There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details."
how to fix it?
thank you bro

did you flashed an OEM system image

Cubbins

Nov 26, 2015
no in-call sound is not an oem or blobs issue, but audio HAL.
I would be glad if someone opened all the issues in the bug tracker, then I will not forget about anything and it will be easier for you to track their current status. Thanks.

Best regards,
Pavel

anthonymatar1

Apr 19, 2020
Hello, thanks for the amazing work :victory:. The only issue is that I cannot add any fingerprint, tried with descendant x and havoc 3.8.
Other than that, everything is working for me, thank you :)

Cubbins

Nov 26, 2015
@Sjll

Boot and vendor are cross-compatible for X-Compact (vendor at least is)? Please advise, or port and I will test (when you have a moment).
Some things are different. You need another build. Otherwise you can damage your hardware.
If you are interested, I can make a build. But it will be Android 11

Last edited:

&(*)

May 8, 2020
Some things are different. You need another build. Otherwise you can damage your hardware.
If you are interested, I can make a build. But it will be Android 11
That'd be nice (AOSP 11); I think devs like @Sjll don't consider requests or the reasons why || are too busy with other devices. Currently, my hardware is not capable of producing builds or I already would have done it on my own. I attempted to produce the vendor.img and always got a soong 21 error without reasonable debug info leading me to believe RAM is the issue. Regardless, X-Compact needs some attention as everything available is not up to date. I think the kernel and AOSP 10 dev's device bit the dust and the tree is no longer being maintained.

Last edited:

Cubbins

Nov 26, 2015
That'd be nice (AOSP 11); I think devs like @Sjll don't consider requests or the reasons why || are too busy with other devices. Currently, my hardware is not capable of producing builds or I already would have done it on my own. I attempted to produce the vendor.img and always got a soong 21 error without reasonable debug info leading me to believe RAM is the issue. Regardless, X-Compact needs some attention as everything available is not up to date. I think the kernel and AOSP 10 dev's device bit the dust and the tree is no longer being maintained.
I have the kernel, device tree, everything. So soon you will get a build. But I only have Xperia X, so you will be my eyes and ears;)

Top Liked Posts