• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 10 / Q - Korean stock ROM on V35 ULM (factory unlocked) US version

Search This thread

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
Lot of the material is from @cmrntnnr post #1 on https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...instruction-no-octoplus-box-required.4052145/

I initially followed that but couldn't get it to work from Step 3 - installing Magisk and gave up there. I then realized even with root there is no custom ROM such as Lineageos so I reverted to stock V350ULM Android 9 / P.

I recently found that people are cross flashing to Korean version Android 10 Q so I went ahead with it as I really don't like how things are with this LG phone on Android O and P. Lot's of annoyances. I have an iPhone SE (2020) by the way as my main phone. My phone here is a V35 factory unlocked version from U.S. I had the Android 9 P (V350ULM20f_00_NAO_US_OP_0218).

Download firmware - V350NO30c_00_OPEN_KR_OP_0125.kdz

1615828636815.png

The LG mobile drivers, http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

Download Dev-Patched LGUP (LGUP_DualMode.zip) thanks to @tecknight
Download https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845019

I think I installed "LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi" and then also ran "SetDev.bat" as Admin to get it working. To launch it, you just double click "LGUPD.exe". Don't have to run it as admin. The other one is a more simple version that doesn't have the advanced option, so don't use that.

Power off your phone. Hold the "volume -" button (it's the one on the upper of the two) and plug in the USB cable. Your phone should almost immediately go to Download mode. You can let go of the "volume -" button now. On the LGUP, you should see the following screen. At first, select "PARTITION DL" and then "Start". Select all of the details. I tried leaving the modems but after done it was causing errors so I had to redo this step.

1615828653705.png

Once done flashing, I actually went ahead and did another flashing, this time I selected the same image and did "REFURBISH" mode to make sure it's flashed correctly. Once done, the phone rebooted and I was greeted with Korean language welcome screen, where you can change the language.

I'm a Korean so I'm comfy with Korean showing up once in a while but I prefer keeping everything in English.

After all this, I'm really liking this version. There is a default stock black theme which is really nice. You don't have to download one Theme Store or whatever that was.
The camera works fine, and there is an obnoxiously loud camera shutter sound but I'm fine with that.
Dialer will show Korean characters under the numbers along with alphabets. You can enable automatically record all calls. There are also several other areas where it'll remind you that this is a Korean OS, so if you hate seeing foreign characters here and there, it's probably not for you.

Phone calls are working fine, LTE is working fine. Not sure if VoLTE is working or not.
There is no Wifi-call. I guess in Korea wifi call is not needed as there are good cellular signals everywhere.
LG Pay is installed, but it won't work because I have a SIM from U.S. Installing Google Pay, I was able to add a credit card for NFC payment, so I think that works too.
Keeping it in Airplane mode and rebooting, you still get the nag screen about Airplane mode.

Not sure what else doesn't work.

Here are some stuff to uninstall after enabling Developer mode, through adb shell.
Start adb shell

#Facebook crap
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.services

#LG Pay
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgpay
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgpay.qlauncher

#LG Assistant
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgassistant

#TV
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.tdmb

Attachments

• 1615828581503.png
    1615828581503.png
    724.7 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: zfk110

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
@cloud1250000 guide is awesome. Stock app video recording produces corrupted files (video data is there, but corrupted, need to use this https://github.com/anthwlock/untrunc to get videos back). Other than that the Korean Q works better than both Pie (which sucks on this phone) and Oreo (which works better than Pie).

Last edited:

Miptzi

Sep 21, 2019
mine workde also, almost all functions good, except android auto that stopped working in my car.

bscaine

Sep 20, 2011
Lot of the material is from @cmrntnnr post #1 on https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...instruction-no-octoplus-box-required.4052145/

I initially followed that but couldn't get it to work from Step 3 - installing Magisk and gave up there. I then realized even with root there is no custom ROM such as Lineageos so I reverted to stock V350ULM Android 9 / P.

I recently found that people are cross flashing to Korean version Android 10 Q so I went ahead with it as I really don't like how things are with this LG phone on Android O and P. Lot's of annoyances. I have an iPhone SE (2020) by the way as my main phone. My phone here is a V35 factory unlocked version from U.S. I had the Android 9 P (V350ULM20f_00_NAO_US_OP_0218).

View attachment 5250901

The LG mobile drivers, http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

I think I installed "LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi" and then also ran "SetDev.bat" as Admin to get it working. To launch it, you just double click "LGUPD.exe". Don't have to run it as admin. The other one is a more simple version that doesn't have the advanced option, so don't use that.

Power off your phone. Hold the "volume -" button (it's the one on the upper of the two) and plug in the USB cable. Your phone should almost immediately go to Download mode. You can let go of the "volume -" button now. On the LGUP, you should see the following screen. At first, select "PARTITION DL" and then "Start". Select all of the details. I tried leaving the modems but after done it was causing errors so I had to redo this step.

View attachment 5250903

Once done flashing, I actually went ahead and did another flashing, this time I selected the same image and did "REFURBISH" mode to make sure it's flashed correctly. Once done, the phone rebooted and I was greeted with Korean language welcome screen, where you can change the language.

I'm a Korean so I'm comfy with Korean showing up once in a while but I prefer keeping everything in English.

After all this, I'm really liking this version. There is a default stock black theme which is really nice. You don't have to download one Theme Store or whatever that was.
The camera works fine, and there is an obnoxiously loud camera shutter sound but I'm fine with that.
Dialer will show Korean characters under the numbers along with alphabets. You can enable automatically record all calls. There are also several other areas where it'll remind you that this is a Korean OS, so if you hate seeing foreign characters here and there, it's probably not for you.

Phone calls are working fine, LTE is working fine. Not sure if VoLTE is working or not.
There is no Wifi-call. I guess in Korea wifi call is not needed as there are good cellular signals everywhere.
LG Pay is installed, but it won't work because I have a SIM from U.S. Installing Google Pay, I was able to add a credit card for NFC payment, so I think that works too.
Keeping it in Airplane mode and rebooting, you still get the nag screen about Airplane mode.

Here are some stuff to uninstall after enabling Developer mode, through adb shell.
Start adb shell

#Facebook crap

#LG Pay

#LG Assistant

#TV
Hi, this process would work on a LM-V350EM? BR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1615828636815.png

1615828653705.png

Start adb shell

#Facebook crap

#LG Pay

#LG Assistant

#TV