[Android 10 Stock][NO ROOT] Enable gesture nav and other tips and tricks (Upd 29-02)

Search This thread

kaderzaim

Mar 30, 2020
sony xperia xz3 navigation gesture

hi everyone is that there is another adb code for activating gesture navigation for xpeia xz3

kaderzaim

Mar 30, 2020
sony xperia xz3 navigation gesture

hi i was able to activate gesture navigation via adb on experia xz3 ok the middle bar does not seem to work but we can swipe the screen left or right to return i think there is a little something left to fully activate it

FlorianPislaru

Apr 4, 2020
back works on xz3

hi i was able to activate gesture navigation via adb on experia xz3 ok the middle bar does not seem to work but we can swipe the screen left or right to return i think there is a little something left to fully activate it

Hi it also works on my xz3 but like you said only back buttons, i wait also for home button to change

kaderzaim

Mar 30, 2020
hi and hello you will be able to use it with the navigation gestures of xda and you will have approximately a navigation similar to that of android 10:D

Reactions: FlorianPislaru

ekonik3

May 23, 2011
Full Gesture Navigation:

Full gesture navigation can be enabled via this adb command:

Code:
adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

To disable it:
Code:
adb shell cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

To learn how to use it, read this: List of Android 10 gesture controls, after a while gesture navigation becomes very intuitive.

Work on:
- Xperia 1
- Xperia 5

Doesn't work on:
- Xperia XZ2
- Xperia XZ3

Gesture Navigation Tuner

Intall the great app gesturePlus - Gesture Navigation Tuner!, it allows to define additional actions (simple press, long press)

System UI Tuner

System UI Tuner is an app allowing to tweak several thing related to the SystemUI.

System Wide Customization Options

In developper options, at the very end of the list, you can change:
- the accent color
- the font
- the icons shape

Get Rid of Ads:

In settings - Internet & network - advanced: in private DNS, enter: dns.adguard.com

Enable Android 10 Native Screen Recording

Enter this command via adb:
Code:
adb shell settings put global settings_screenrecord_long_press true
Now long press power button, then long press screenshot button: a window appears, don't select anything, just start the recording. Press on stop in the notification when you want to, the video is saved in movies\screenshots.

Enjoy!! :D

8fiPKt4.jpg
Full Gesture Navigation:

Code:

To disable it:
Code:

To learn how to use it, read this: List of Android 10 gesture controls, after a while gesture navigation becomes very intuitive.

Work on:
- Xperia 1
- Xperia 5

Doesn't work on:
- Xperia XZ2
- Xperia XZ3

Gesture Navigation Tuner

Intall the great app gesturePlus - Gesture Navigation Tuner!, it allows to define additional actions (simple press, long press)

System UI Tuner

System UI Tuner is an app allowing to tweak several thing related to the SystemUI.

- the accent color
- the font
- the icons shape

Get Rid of Ads:

In settings - Internet & network - advanced: in private DNS, enter: dns.adguard.com

Code:
Now long press power button, then long press screenshot button: a window appears, don't select anything, just start the recording. Press on stop in the notification when you want to, the video is saved in movies\screenshots.

8fiPKt4.jpg
Too bad the gesture navbar is not work on xz3... wish there's another way to activate gesture navbar without using any third party application and without root too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full Gesture Navigation:

Code:

To disable it:
    Code:

Work on:
    - Xperia 1
    - Xperia 5

Doesn't work on:
    - Xperia XZ2
    - Xperia XZ3

Gesture Navigation Tuner

System UI Tuner

- the accent color
    - the font
    - the icons shape

Get Rid of Ads:

Code:

8fiPKt4.jpg
    i have root and with the adb command i can enable gesture but work only back gesture. how did you make them work?
    Which device? XZ2/C/P or XZ3 with Magisk V20+ root - you may try >> this <<
    Ensure only the stock launcher is present, also up and running, prior to install the mod.
    Update 29-02: Enable Android 10 Native Screen Recording
    Should I wait for work gestures for the Xperia XZ3 (android 10)? (((

We don't know. Probably some code is missing in the SystemUI.apk. Maybe it will be fixed by Sony in a future update...