Android 10 Update for OnePlus 6T T-Mobile Variant

Search This thread

aftabbabar

Nov 13, 2010
i am on 9.0.17 and liked the regular updates on my Tmobile converted to international version phone. Now I am afraid to upgrade to android 10 because my google play will lose certification. I think I will wait till all this sorted out.

kjjm

Feb 4, 2011
NC
I did this via local upgrade a while ago; i got a warning about data being wiped but that didn't happen, after the upgrade everything was intact.

Beta 4 -> 10.3.1

Since this is the thread for T-Mobile's A10 release, I believe he's asking about flashing that, not the international 10.3.1.

sahi2myfriend

Nov 13, 2012
San Bernardino
Correct...

This I also agree. I also think they did this to stop exactly what we are trying to do with it and I have a strong feeling T-Mobile requested this. I think its a method of control by T-Mobile. Just my two cents. I cant prove this.
No need to prove it Scott because most of us already know that's exactly what they are doing.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

joelosr20

Jul 21, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hotspot since A10 update

So everything is buttery smooth in terms of performance on the phone. But when it comes to share my connection (WiFi or USB tethering HotSpot) my speeds are awful. So bad that the fastest i get is 500kbps in Download and upload respectively. I've made TONS of test on this and i narrow the issue to the update itself, there's something wrong with it. I've contacted Customer Service and they've done every test on the book. On my end i have done the following.

1. Test the connection on different devices using wifi hotspot or usb tethering (android phones, gaming consoles and PCs) all show the same issue no faster than 500Kbps.

2. Did a factory reset, thanks that was bad i had to reset every app i had. Thank god for the Oneplus switch and that i have backed up everything.

3. Wiped the cache partition from the boot menu.

4. Tested it on different places, not just my house where i mostly use it and no luck.
5. In terms of testing the 3G band which is the speed I get when sharing hotspot. I change my settings on the Sim options to connect to 3G/2G only and the speeds are normal 3G (10MBDown and 1 to 2 Up)

Can somebody please give me some feedback on this. It's driving me crazy. There are 2 6Ts at home and both show the same behavior. Mine came from converted international back to Tmo stock but my wife's one is full Tmo since bought and hers show the same issue so I still think is software related...

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_173014.jpg
    IMG_20200223_173014.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20200223_172328.jpg
    IMG_20200223_172328.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

audioman42

Feb 2, 2010
So everything is buttery smooth in terms of performance on the phone. But when it comes to share my connection (WiFi or USB tethering HotSpot) my speeds are awful. So bad that the fastest i get is 500kbps in Download and upload respectively. I've made TONS of test on this and i narrow the issue to the update itself, there's something wrong with it. I've contacted Customer Service and they've done every test on the book. On my end i have done the following.

1. Test the connection on different devices using wifi hotspot or usb tethering (android phones, gaming consoles and PCs) all show the same issue no faster than 500Kbps.

2. Did a factory reset, thanks that was bad i had to reset every app i had. Thank god for the Oneplus switch and that i have backed up everything.

4. Tested it on different places, not just my house where i mostly use it and no luck.
5. In terms of testing the 3G band which is the speed I get when sharing hotspot. I change my settings on the Sim options to connect to 3G/2G only and the speeds are normal 3G (10MBDown and 1 to 2 Up)

Can somebody please give me some feedback on this. It's driving me crazy. There are 2 6Ts at home and both show the same behavior. Mine came from converted international back to Tmo stock but my wife's one is full Tmo since bought and hers show the same issue so I still think is software related...

You're being throttled. I use PdaNet to get around this.

megapurtle

Oct 21, 2015
Boise
New Update: A6013_34_200207

I didn't get a patch notes screen and my phone reboot randomly. When it came up I had the February security patch. Oxygen OS still reports 10.3.1. Likely light bug fixes and security patch update realistically.

Reactions: joelosr20

joelosr20

Jul 21, 2012
Puerto Rico
I didn't get a patch notes screen and my phone reboot randomly. When it came up I had the February security patch. Oxygen OS still reports 10.3.1. Likely light bug fixes and security patch update realistically.

Yup received it too. Will update now, the last update says is 10.3.0 if this one is 10.3.1 there should be updates but minor like you said. Let's see...

joelosr20

Jul 21, 2012
Puerto Rico
I'm having the tethering issue since updated to TMobile Android 10. My Wi-Fi or USB tethering is awfully slow, I've called T-Mobile tech and they still say there's nothing wrong with the system or antennas next step it's to fully wipe device and start over. So I think I'll try that before maybe thinking in revert back to Pie. Will see, also I'm not an expert but I noticed when my PS4 connects to my phone on WiFi the PS4 shows like "null-eaa3" as the device name. Is this normal or what?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200310-200040.jpg
    Screenshot_20200310-200040.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 273
  • received_2174145822687929.jpeg
    received_2174145822687929.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 275

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN

I'd your rooted try the app VPN Hotspot it's an app created by a developer on XDA and free. It will simulate a vpn connection and bypass any throttling and any data limits. Once installed start the app and click on the Wifi Hotspot once that's started click on the wlan0 check box that appears above the start hotspot option. This will tunnel all your traffic thru your normal 4g data connection. It might appear as tho tmo is able to track your used hotspot data but if you install ttl master 3.0+ and check my tutorial on how to do all this (look at my profile) you'll find a few apps and magisk modules that might help too.

Reactions: Mervingio

Nestoring

Jun 21, 2018
lag

Hi everyone, I have a oneplus 6t T Mobile, I updated to Android 10 and here the odyssey began, first, it is very annoying that Google Crhome keeps blinking, I must kill the process to make it work , I have a lot of lag in games that in theory should not, like Mario Kart Tour, sometimes it is impossible to play, the compilation I have is 10.3.1 I would like to know if it is possible to return to android 9, Or if you have. Any suggestions to fix this

Fingersmcgee

May 13, 2020
i think i need help

I have T-Mobile converted to intl. , 10.0.3.1. I deleted data for google play and google play services but the phone is still showed as not certified.
Maybe I need a full reset, not sure. I thought that when T-Mobile will certify their version with google, all should be fine automatically. Seems I was wrong :(

so i have a tmo variant op 6t that i believe i flashed to the international version. however my oos os 9.0.11 and ive tried downloading the 10.3.3 from oneplus website and then i move the .zip file into the root directory on the phone but then when i go to system updates it doesnt list the .zip file under local upgrade...do you remember where u found the android 10 .zip so i can DL and give it the update a try? thank you for ur help bro:good:

joelosr20

Jul 21, 2012
Puerto Rico
so i have a tmo variant op 6t that i believe i flashed to the international version. however my oos os 9.0.11 and ive tried downloading the 10.3.3 from oneplus website and then i move the .zip file into the root directory on the phone but then when i go to system updates it doesnt list the .zip file under local upgrade...do you remember where u found the android 10 .zip so i can DL and give it the update a try? thank you for ur help bro:good:

Try the Oxygen updater app and download the OS from there. I switched back to Tmo Rom since TMo updated to 10.3.3. and no issues so far.

Reactions: Fingersmcgee

joelosr20

Jul 21, 2012
Puerto Rico
Does switching to T-mobile ROM support other sim carriers? As I dony have t-mobile sim and my country doesn't even have t-mob.

Thanks

That I don't know for sure, but I believe that the only thing stopping you to use other carrier is the SIM lock itself not the ROM. So I think it shouldn't bother but you should research a little bit more into that with somebody with more experience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile just released the Android 10 update for their variant of the OnePlus 6T. Maybe now we can finally figure out how to resolve the Google Pay issue that most of us who converted to the international version are having.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/oneplus-6t/software-updates-oneplus-6t
    attachment.php

Nice! Thanks for letting us know. I am going to flash over to the international ROM now and see if G-Pay works. Maybe do it later.

I have T-Mobile converted to intl. , 10.0.3.1. I deleted data for google play and google play services but the phone is still showed as not certified.
    Maybe I need a full reset, not sure. I thought that when T-Mobile will certify their version with google, all should be fine automatically. Seems I was wrong :(
    Whats the process to revert back from the INTL version to the T-Mo version?

Use the T-Mobile MSM tool to revert back to 9.0.13, then after returning to T-Mobile, update the security update to Nov. After that 10.3 will be in you next system update.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

So did u use global or TMobile

T-Mobile, everything is stock, locked, and not rooted. Running 10.3

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

So any way to fix TMobile with international rom without having to go back to t mobile rom

I have no idea, but my bet is no.
    I see no value in running international other than quicker security update. T-Mobile 10.3 is buttery smooth.
    I'm not sure what issue you guys are running in to. I'm running a tmo convert on international with 10.3.1, Google pay working, play store certified, safety net checked. Are you guys not using magisk?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone