Android 10 upgrade - MD725 to RF210 BT module swap

Search This thread

delnaval1

Aug 8, 2022
Thanks, but should I weld the RF210 board to the J11 connector and also the 3 cables you indicated here?

Thanks LiviuE, I appreaciate your help.

I understand I have to weld the RF210 to J11 connector and then the 3 wires you mentioned from the diagram.

For welding RF210 in the J11 there is any specific position required?

Thanks again

Reactions: LiviuE

delnaval1

Aug 8, 2022
Just finished installation of RF210 BT module by following the instructions of LiviuE ( thanks so much!)

I am attaching some photos of how installation looks, wires are:

+5V => red (pin 1)
TX => green (pin 26)
RX => blue (pin 27)

Bluetooth is working now !!!

Attachments

• 1AEA342A-69ED-4F5A-BA33-59260A93D38B.jpeg
    1AEA342A-69ED-4F5A-BA33-59260A93D38B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • 2EF21E63-7CDA-4FF2-A1EC-47451204FCD4.jpeg
    2EF21E63-7CDA-4FF2-A1EC-47451204FCD4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • E9AC6A89-B835-402E-9AD0-F18F8E707AA8.jpeg
    E9AC6A89-B835-402E-9AD0-F18F8E707AA8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: LiviuE

delnaval1

Aug 8, 2022
I am using Android 10 version HA_px5_ota(220401).zip but have found several problems with it:

- Sometimes after switching off the car, radio is not working and need to restart
- Wifi is detecting many available networks but after selecting one and introducing password it never connects
- Phone works via Bluetooth but cannot get the Contacts

I would like to use a different A10 version that works fine in my radio, any suggestion?

Thanks

LiviuE

May 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Watch
I am using Android 10 version HA_px5_ota(220401).zip but have found several problems with it:

- Sometimes after switching off the car, radio is not working and need to restart
- Wifi is detecting many available networks but after selecting one and introducing password it never connects
- Phone works via Bluetooth but cannot get the Contacts

I would like to use a different A10 version that works fine in my radio, any suggestion?

Thanks
I don't know what to say... try to reinstall the ROM.

With the contacts I think you need to enter in phone settings at Bluetooth and then at CAR-KIT settings and approve all permissions... at some phone you need to approve permission to share contacts or something like that

Reactions: delnaval1

delnaval1

Aug 8, 2022
I don't know what to say... try to reinstall the ROM.

With the contacts I think you need to enter in phone settings at Bluetooth and then at CAR-KIT settings and approve all permissions... at some phone you need to approve permission to share contacts or something like that

I am using the same ROM as you, but not using Android 10 by Hal9K instead I am using Android 10 version HA3_px5_10.0.

Is it Hal9k Android 10 working fine for you?

Jevago

Oct 2, 2022
Sorry for my english... I translated with Google Translate.

After a few hours of nerves I managed to make HU PX5 MCU MTCE_XRC_V3.01BD_1 and BT-MD725 to work with Android 10 (Hal9k Mod 5) and BT-RF210 without any problems.

I will try to recreate here the steps I took:

1. After I soldered BT-RF210, I soldered wires from BT-TX (26) and BT-RX (27) and + 5V from VSYS + 5V (circled in the picture) ... I didn't solder at GND anymore wire because it is not necessary.

2. Then I changed the MTCE_XRC_V3.01BD_1 with MTCE_HA_V3.78 ... but before taking this step to take pictures at the settings because it is possible to manually set the settings (BT, CANBUS, Radio, set type LED to RGB, etc .)

For this step you will have to enter the Factory Settings and export to the settings ... dmcu.cfg which you have to save on a USB stick or SD Card where you also downloaded dmcu.img (MCU MTCE_HA_V3.78) and McuUnmatchUnlock.apk. Then go to About System and click on Update MCU and wait until it reboot and the message "version mismatch -01 error" (or something like that) will appear on the screen. After rebooting delete dmcu.img and go back to About System and update MCU again (now it will install dmcu.cfg). If after making some changes to the factory settings (after rebooting) the message "version mismatch -01 error" (or something like that) will appear again you will need to install McuUnmatchUnlock.apk enter in app and click to Unlock then click to Reboot and you will have to set all settings in Factory Settings from pictures that you made (BT, CANBUS, Radio, etc.)

After switching to MCU MTCE_HA_V3.78, I had no problem not hearing the other person and some other problems.

3. Now you can install Android 10 ... I struggled a bit to install it because the USB stick I was using didn't work properly and I managed to install it from an SD Card.

I hope you didn't miss something ...

BEFORE YOU MAKING STEP 2 PLEASE READ CAREFULLY TREATED THAT ARE BELOW TO SEE IF YOUR MCU IS CROSS COMPATIBLE

I've maked step 2 at my own risk

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/VzQDC13g3HGZux
I also have MTCE_XRC_V3.01. I'm trying to upgrade to MTCE_HA_V3.78. In step 2 I inserted the flash drive with dmcu.img and dmcu.cfg . I click update MCU, the system says that there will be a reboot for the update and after it turns off and I see a black screen with no signs of life. I waited about 10 minutes, then forcibly rebooted. MCU has not been updated. I tried to do the same by throwing only dmcu.img on the USB flash drive. The result is the same. Have you encountered such a problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today i updated mcu from xrc 3.01 to ha 3.78.i have px5 android 8 HU, BW124 module is on the way to me. Had 2 problems wheel buttons and buttons on the HU stopped working.flashing of dmcu.cfg did not help.wheel buttons started working after changing in factory sttings canbus 3-4 times to different canbus type(i have toyota).HU buttons can be set in hardware key study. Now all ok,waiting for bt module delivery.
    Mod Translation
    hello if it can be useful this newly arrived dongle works perfectly with my wonderfoo px5 unit. among the options you have to select the wq6 module .wi fi much better performance and clear calls. optimal.

Original
    ciao se può essere utile questo dongle appena arrivato funziona perfettamente con la mia unità wonderfoo px5. tra le opzioni devi selezionare il modulo wq6 .wi fi molto più performante e chiamate chiare. ottimale

MCU is not android. Modded roms by Mal and hal are problems- save your money.

Search yandisk for .IMG files such as HA. Use OTG to flash.img and then update to latest OTG

Read my threads.
    I confirm that RF210 doesn't work with 11pin motherboard #67. It is recognized on android 9 and 10, but for both versions the phone calls didn't work as I couldn't hear anything neither the call receiver. I would like to thank @abdelmonem who solve this issue by changing the Bluetooth module.
    Yes, the header is correct, unless the header is for DTV like my unit.

I have no clue how this would look like.

what I would do is wire according to the schematic. Probably easier said than done, but doable.

Well, I guess there is no schematic included in the ali offering. Neither for my unit. So I will likely have to follow some traces. Or just solder it and watch out for some magic smoke.

However I believe the pinout is likely always the same on those units. Same as for those USB daughterboard modules (see my other link). However here at least the boards are usually labelling the pins.

I actually ordered one of these modules and will have a look. Perhaps soldering it into my bench unit first (replacing the WQ_BC5 module). If no magic smoke escapes I can search for the correct module type in factory settings and then solder it to my car unit.

Well, to be honest I am quite OK currently with HAL Android 9 on my car unit so I will see when I got time to try this.
    Hello everyone

just now I finished test all bluetooth module available in Chinese market AliExpress or alibaba or other’s the best module is RF-210 test in 3 Different mcu working very good don’t try other modules you’ll loos your time
    just one thing for future I attached bin connector to motherboard after that attach the module I didn’t solder direct to main board

all test with 10 or 9 bin in motherboard
    For 12 bin I didn’t trying because I don’t have it but still you can send me picture of your main board and BT module I’ll try to find out

best regards