• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 10 upgrade - MD725 to RF210 BT module swap

Search This thread

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hello
After test RF 210 is not compatible with your motherboard I try it with same one and I get issues , I was have olde module I removed from csn2 mcu MD 705 it’s same MD 725 working fine when I test it but I’m not sure it’s available in Chinese market it’s 10 bin also but you have first bin are canceled ,so you can search for this module will work fine with you also change it from factory settings to bc6.

Note: don’t remove old module is attached with wireless.
Csn2 is NOT MTCD. Wrong forum. FFS know what you own people.

Last edited:

abdelmonem

Jan 26, 2009
Csn2 is NOT MTCD. Wrong forum. FFS know what you own people.
If you see my previous comments you will see that I try Bluetooth module in deferent platform just to help others and already I try it in MTCD,MTCE,CSN2 etc

last test when @SiMo1552 visit me and we solve problem in MTCE motherboard 11 bin model with MD705 it was removed from CSN2 platform device I hope this will help people

Last edited:
Reactions: SiMo1552

SiMo1552

Mar 31, 2019
I confirm that RF210 doesn't work with 11pin motherboard #67. It is recognized on android 9 and 10, but for both versions the phone calls didn't work as I couldn't hear anything neither the call receiver. I would like to thank @abdelmonem who solve this issue by changing the Bluetooth module.

Phil_Barker

Oct 9, 2021
I'm having problems with Wifi connecting to my IOS15 hotspot since upgrading to 10 on my PX5 machine
Someone pointed me in the direction of this thread and said that somehow it's related to my BT4 module

Bluetooth also seems to connect calls but there's no audio or mic working since the upgrade

I have an MD705 BT chip in my headunit, looking at it, it's 10 pins soldered in so am I right in thinking this will just be a straight swap of desoldering the old board and soldering in the aliexpress RF210 board?

Thanks

2021-10-10 15.46.14.jpg2021-10-10 15.42.39.jpg2021-10-10 15.45.40.jpg2021-10-10 15.46.10.jpg2021-10-10 15.46.50.jpg

rubiojose1

Jan 23, 2011
Hola
Después de la prueba RF 210 no es compatible con su placa base lo pruebo con la misma y me dan problemas, tenía el módulo olde que eliminé de csn2 mcu MD 705 es el mismo MD 725 funcionando bien cuando lo pruebo en la misma placa base con 11 bin pero no estoy seguro de que esté disponible en el mercado chino es de 10 bin también pero tienes el primer bin están cancelados, para que pueda buscar este módulo funcionará bien con usted también cambiarlo de la configuración de fábrica a bc6.

Nota: no retire el módulo antiguo que está conectado con conexión inalámbrica.
Mod edit - translate by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Thank you for your reply.

Could you tell me the name of the bluetooth module so I can try to find it myself?
Gracias por la respuesta.
¿Podría decirme el nombre del módulo bluetooth para tratar de encontrarlo yo mismo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod edit - translate by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Thank you for your reply.

Could you tell me the name of the bluetooth module so I can try to find it myself?
Gracias por la respuesta.
¿Podría decirme el nombre del módulo bluetooth para tratar de encontrarlo yo mismo?
@rubiojose1

As courtesy, I've translated your post above. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Spanish post. Thanks for your cooperation!
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

abdelmonem

Jan 26, 2009
I'm having problems with Wifi connecting to my IOS15 hotspot since upgrading to 10 on my PX5 machine
Someone pointed me in the direction of this thread and said that somehow it's related to my BT4 module

Bluetooth also seems to connect calls but there's no audio or mic working since the upgrade

I have an MD705 BT chip in my headunit, looking at it, it's 10 pins soldered in so am I right in thinking this will just be a straight swap of desoldering the old board and soldering in the aliexpress RF210 board?

Thanks

View attachment 5429819View attachment 5429829View attachment 5429823View attachment 5429825View attachment 5429831
As I said before after test MD705 it’s working in android 9 or 10 than no need to change it ,after upgrade in factory settings use bc6 that’s how it will work again with you

abdelmonem

Jan 26, 2009
And I do this just for help , I see almost all Bluetooth module from many deferent platforms ,I get all are same ,swapping from any platform to other without problems

Phil_Barker

Oct 9, 2021
As I said before after test MD705 it’s working in android 9 or 10 than no need to change it ,after upgrade in factory settings use bc6 that’s how it will work again with you

It's sort of working. I can connect to my phone (IOS 15) but when I answer calls there is no audio.

I also can't tether to the phones wifi hotspot anymore and a few people on another thread said it's because the MD705 is BT4 and that I should change this to a BT5 module

I've already changed factory settings to SD-BC6 but no audio :(

abdelmonem

Jan 26, 2009
It's sort of working. I can connect to my phone (IOS 15) but when I answer calls there is no audio.

I also can't tether to the phones wifi hotspot anymore and a few people on another thread said it's because the MD705 is BT4 and that I should change this to a BT5 module

I've already changed factory settings to SD-BC6 but no audio :(
Ok you can try RF 210 in case you have Bluetooth module separately not like other module that have wireless is attached with Bluetooth in same chipset

other reason to getting problems with MD705 if module have old firmware before 2017

rubiojose1

Jan 23, 2011

abdelmonem

Jan 26, 2009
This module does not have firmware, would it be necessary to put it to work?
I don’t know about Chinese when they explain something the original manufacture is not supported this module anymore but it will not have firmware at all I don’t think so ,need to test it ,I’ll try to order and test it

didu73

Nov 19, 2012
I was successfully replaced Md725 to RF210 BT module. RF210 works well in Android 9 . I haven't upgraded to android 10 yet. This description helped ! The motherboard little different for me. Connector 3 is below the Som (core board). Enough that only connect RX, TX, 5v, Gnd.

9jhwxfLWLEbT9J2O_Nm3oSfrsYs-1920.jpg

Source: Blackman68
This site

Reactions: marchnz

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton

darkspeed666

Sep 8, 2015
I ordered for a while this module...

My MB is an HA-Sofia and I see 3 pins near the connector and they might be RX TX GND.

Does someone has the PX5 Pinout ? Or it's the MTCD schematic page10 "HYB18M512160AF_0" BT_RX and BT_TX ?

Next is to find a way to get the MIC IN directly to the module... (MIC+ MIC-).

... hope my module will be there soon...

Angelor1

Jan 7, 2021
here we talk about the comfast dongle. for many it worked

Angelor1

Jan 7, 2021
now a strange thing happens: if I unplug the dongle, the bluetooth continues to work while the wi fi no longer works. It used to be the other way around 🙄

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was successfully replaced Md725 to RF210 BT module. RF210 works well in Android 9 . I haven't upgraded to android 10 yet. This description helped ! The motherboard little different for me. Connector 3 is below the Som (core board). Enough that only connect RX, TX, 5v, Gnd.

This site
    Mod Translation
    hello if it can be useful this newly arrived dongle works perfectly with my wonderfoo px5 unit. among the options you have to select the wq6 module .wi fi much better performance and clear calls. optimal.

Original
    ciao se può essere utile questo dongle appena arrivato funziona perfettamente con la mia unità wonderfoo px5. tra le opzioni devi selezionare il modulo wq6 .wi fi molto più performante e chiamate chiare. ottimale
    I confirm that RF210 doesn't work with 11pin motherboard #67. It is recognized on android 9 and 10, but for both versions the phone calls didn't work as I couldn't hear anything neither the call receiver. I would like to thank @abdelmonem who solve this issue by changing the Bluetooth module.
    Hello everyone

just now I finished test all bluetooth module available in Chinese market AliExpress or alibaba or other’s the best module is RF-210 test in 3 Different mcu working very good don’t try other modules you’ll loos your time
    just one thing for future I attached bin connector to motherboard after that attach the module I didn’t solder direct to main board

all test with 10 or 9 bin in motherboard
    For 12 bin I didn’t trying because I don’t have it but still you can send me picture of your main board and BT module I’ll try to find out

best regards
    I am not fully sure if this will always fit. I got a KLD unit and it uses MD725. The MD725 modules are integrated Bluetooth/WiFi module. The module actually is sitting on a soldered-on board which got 4 pins on one and 3 pins on the other side. Similar to this one. The one in the link seems to have only 1 RF out while my MD725 seems to have 2 antenna connectors. Might weell be that one is for BT and one for Wifi and the one on Ali is WiFi only.

Picture of my board here.

However I had a look at pictures I took from the KLD board. On the edge of the board where the ST MCU sits (behind the FM can) I see a pinheader with 11 solder points which is unequipped. Also the surrounding passive components seem to be all equipped. The module you refer to seem to have a 10-Pin interface.

I do have another unit with WQ_BC5 bluetooth (which also works on Android 10) where a very similar pinheader is equipped with a Bluetooth module. The module however does not look identical to the one you linked but it might work. Also on this board the 11-Pin header is used while the first pin (which is "crossed" by silkscreen) is not used.

A couple of things are not fully clear to me:
    • I guess nobody will know if the pinheader is actually connected to the MCU unless it's equipped.
    • Any clue what type the module is? The chip looks like Realtek RTL8761___ which might be an RTL8761ATV. As I see it's got an UART interface it might be pretty standard.
    • Will the module eventually conflict with the built-in BT module in MD725? Likely not as I guess the USB-connected bluetooth part of MD725 will simply not be used if another BT module is selected in factory settings.
    I might end up just ordering one and solder it to my board and then having to try all BT modules in factory settings in order to find the matching one.

This site