• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android 11.0.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1[LG V50][flashlm/flashlmdd]

Search This thread

BenG7

Jun 24, 2009
Hi
I just got myself a LM-V500EM after my H930DS died after a rainy ride.
I intend to install LOS as I have been doing on all my phones for years.
My phone is now bootloader-unlocked (followed the official LG tutorial) but how do you install twrp on the V500EM given the only turtorial requires root first and this is only for
  • LMV500NAT-00-V20m-LAO-COM-MAR-10-2020+0 - LG V50 ThinQ with V500N20m fw, 2020-03-01 security patch level
  • LMV500NAT-00-V20f-LAO-COM-JAN-31-2020+0 - LG V50 ThinQ with V500N20f fw, 2020-01-01 security patch level
  • LMV500NAT-00-V20b-LAO-COM-DEC-23-2019+0 - LG V50 ThinQ with V500N20b fw, 2019-12-01 security patch level
  • LMV500AT-00-V20g-LAO-COM-MAR-10-2020+0
  • LMV500AT-00-V20a-LAO-COM-JAN-24-2020+0
  • LMV500AT-00-V20e-LAO-COM-JAN-23-2020+0
  • LMV450AT-00-V20a-LAO-COM-JAN-15-2020-ARB00+2 - LG V50 ThinQ Sprint fw, 2020-01-01 security patch level
Please can anyone provide clear instructions?
Thanks a lot

whew-inc

Jul 6, 2020
Hi
I just got myself a LM-V500EM after my H930DS died after a rainy ride.
I intend to install LOS as I have been doing on all my phones for years.
My phone is now bootloader-unlocked (followed the official LG tutorial) but how do you install twrp on the V500EM given the only turtorial requires root first and this is only for
  • LMV500NAT-00-V20m-LAO-COM-MAR-10-2020+0 - LG V50 ThinQ with V500N20m fw, 2020-03-01 security patch level
  • LMV500NAT-00-V20f-LAO-COM-JAN-31-2020+0 - LG V50 ThinQ with V500N20f fw, 2020-01-01 security patch level
  • LMV500NAT-00-V20b-LAO-COM-DEC-23-2019+0 - LG V50 ThinQ with V500N20b fw, 2019-12-01 security patch level
  • LMV500AT-00-V20g-LAO-COM-MAR-10-2020+0
  • LMV500AT-00-V20a-LAO-COM-JAN-24-2020+0
  • LMV500AT-00-V20e-LAO-COM-JAN-23-2020+0
  • LMV450AT-00-V20a-LAO-COM-JAN-15-2020-ARB00+2 - LG V50 ThinQ Sprint fw, 2020-01-01 security patch level
Please can anyone provide clear instructions?
Thanks a lot

If you're still looking for an answer: that tutorial is for locked devices like Sprint and and all that.

What you need to do is flash a recent KDZ (this one worked fine for me on my V500EM) to get to android 10 using LGUP. Info and required files are in the telegram chat, and flashing instructions are on that website.

Boot into fastboot (adb reboot fastboot or turn off the phone, hold vol- while you plug it in) and flash a TWRP image to the correct slot (fastboot flash boot_a OR boot_b twrp.img). I don't think it matters if you flash in the wrong slot. You can find a TWRP image in the telegram groupchat, it is built by the same maintainer. Make sure to choose the TWRP image that corresponds to your security update (march 2021 for that .kdz).

You can always reflash with LGUP if something goes wrong.

That should get you going.

gambon0120

Sep 7, 2021
Hi, I want to install this rom on my korean v50, but I can't boot my phone into fastboot (phone restarts with adb comands and goes into android instead).Does anyone know how to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • DAC
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Display out (18.1)
    • Wireless display (18.1)
    • Selinux enforcing (17.1)

What's not working:
    • Selinux enforcing (18.1)
    • display out (17.1)
    • VoLTE/VoWifi/IMS, thank LG for their wonderful and fully AOSP compatible implementation /s

Flashing Instructions (Requires TWRP (see other Thread(s) for that)):
    • Learn these instructions by heart
    • Incase I manage to make a TWRP for LOS (will be seperate thread then) follow instructions there, not here
    • Make a backup of EVERYTHING on your internal storage you dont wanna lose
    • Boot TWRP
    • Make backups -> Copy them to a PC or similar
    • Copy Lineage zip to internal storage (if encrypted -> format data first)
    • Tap Install -> Select LineageOS zip
    • Swipe to flash
    • Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite Slot (if youre on A, select B, and vice versa)
    • Reboot recovery
    • Now in Lineage Recovery:
    • Factory reset (sets up metadata encryption properly)
    • -----Optional, Gapps/Magisk------
    • Apply Update -> From ADB
    • On PC via Terminal/Powershell/Commandline:
    • adb sideload path/to/gapps.zip
    • adb sideload path/to/Magisk.zip
    • adb sideload path/to/some/other/mod.zip
    • -----End Optional-----
    • Reboot system now
    • First boot, especially with Gapps, takes a while

V50 Telegram group chat

Downloads:
    For V500EM and V500N use flashlmdd
    For the V450 variants use flashlm
    LineageOS 17.1
    LineageOS 18.x

Sources:
    Device Tree flashlmdd: flashlmdd
    Device Tree flash-common: flash-common
    Device Tree sm8150-common: sm8150-common
    Device Tree lge-common: lge-common
    Hardware specifics: hardware/lge
    Kernel: sm8150
    Vendor: lge
    lineage-17.1/18.1 branches

XDA:DevDB Information
    LOS for LGV50, ROM for the LG V50 ThinQ

Contributors
    SGCMarkus
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-09-11
    Last Updated 2020-09-11
    Pushed a new update for flashlmdd (flashlm coming in the next few hours)

Changelog:
    - Updated LOS Sources
    - Merged March security patch
    - Fixed some USB related issues (MTP not working if selected directly, needed Midi first)
    - Fixed Stereo audio coming from wrong speakers
    -Linux upstreamed the kernel
    (Finally) updated the thread for LineageOS 18.1, kinda forgot about todo that >.>
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can this ROM be flashed through TWRP?
    A. Yes, proceed with the latest TWRP image

Q. Sounds good. How can I contribute to project?
    A. Test the build as much as you can and report bugs which can be reproduced with exact steps and are not random.

Q. How to disable "Apps running in background" dialog?
    A. When you see the dialog, long press on it and select "Settings". From there, you'll have a toggle to disable it.

Q. Which Models of the V50 are supported?
    A. flashlmdd works on V500EM/V500N, and flashlm works on the NA V450 variants, but not all have been tested there yet.
    Before following the flashing instructions, flash all the stock 10 partitions onto slot b, including the stock abl and xbls. If you have a variant with kdzs available, you can just do this in lgup with partition dl. You have to do this because most of you probably have the engineering abl (along with all other pie partitions) on slot b right now, and that will not work with lineage. If you have it on slot a, you instead need to flash Android 10 on slot a, and then switch to that to do the installation.