• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 11 and Banking Apps

Search This thread

rogerrulez

Mar 16, 2011
Halifax
When I upgraded my 6t to Android 11 my banking apps are saying that my phone is rooted when it's not. So I had to downgrade.
Anyone else have that problem or any ideas ?

Thanks

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Not sure why that happened except the apps weren't compatible with 11. No shock there.

On both my N10+'s I could "upgrade" to 11.
I remain on 9 and 10 because 11 would trash them in my opinion. Scope storage and forced encryption are fully active on 11*. Did you notice the permission popups on 11?

If there are features that 11 offers you just gots to have, go for it and take the usability hits. The one you described likely has a workaround or the cause will be corrected with an update in either the app or firmware. Many of 11's worst flaws though like scoped storage will remain and be in 12 as well.

*scoped storage doesn't seem to be fully active on N10+ that's running on it. That may be partially a Samsung mod or simply because I'm using older app versions. Both devices run nearly identical with no major usability issues in 10 that I've seen other than killing Karma Firewall's logging feature and 2 overlay apps rendered non-functional. My old WPS office app is fully functional as are photo galleries.

rogerrulez

Mar 16, 2011
Halifax
Not sure why that happened except the apps weren't compatible with 11. No shock there.

I remain on 9 and 10 because 11 would trash them in my opinion. Scope storage and forced encryption are fully active on 11*. Did you notice the permission popups on 11?

If there are features that 11 offers you just gots to have, go for it and take the usability hits. The one you described likely has a workaround or the cause will be corrected with an update in either the app or firmware. Many of 11's worst flaws though like scoped storage will remain and be in 12 as well.

*scoped storage doesn't seem to be fully active on N10+ that's running on it. That may be partially a Samsung mod or simply because I'm using older app versions. Both devices run nearly identical with no major usability issues in 10 that I've seen other than killing Karma Firewall's logging feature and 2 overlay apps rendered non-functional. My old WPS office app is fully functional as are photo galleries.
Thanks for the reply. I think I may have seen popups but can't remember. I downgraded back to 10.3.12 and everything is back to normal. There is now an update to the android 11 to 11.11 and I'm not sure if I wan to take the chance again. It's too much work to revert back.
I contacted oneplus but they were not much help. Just said to send in some logs.

Reactions: blackhawk

rogerrulez

Mar 16, 2011
Halifax
Also I should have pointed out that my phone is the t-mobile converted to international. Maybe android 11 is picking up on that ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may have seen popups but can't remember. I downgraded back to 10.3.12 and everything is back to normal. There is now an update to the android 11 to 11.11 and I'm not sure if I wan to take the chance again. It's too much work to revert back.
    I contacted oneplus but they were not much help. Just said to send in some logs.
    I would leave it on 10, it's a better OS in my opinion.