• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 11 Beta 1 (Jun 2020)

Search This thread

Adnansaeedhamed

Dec 27, 2012
Hi guys,

I hvae flashed Android 11 Beta 1 on my Pixel 4 (not XL, i am posting here as we have more activity) , below what i have tried so far and sucessfully worked

to download
https://developer.android.com/preview/download

* Face unlock did not worked at the begining as it told me to delete the old face data first, so i hade to factory rest the phone from settings at the first launch then it worked perfectly

* the issue with Face unlock caused by Android DP4, is gone

* i have successfully rooted through Magisk Canary update, uploaded Magisk manager canary APK, once you install it make sure to change the update channel to canary and then update to the latest version

* Enable Soli worked perfectly with Magisk with v1.2, uploaded

i have no issues at all with this release, and very stable and fast.

hope you enjoying as i do, happy flashing

Attachments

• EnableSoli.Magisk20.2.V1.2.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 190

fuarkgl3

Nov 16, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
Can you root with the patched magisk boot.img way?

Yes just patch the boot image with the canary magisk and flash it via fastboot.

Google Pay seems hard, im with latest magisk manager. Enabled the following packages in magisk hide. Safety net is ok
com.google.android.ext.services
com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel
com.google.android.gms
com.google.android.gsf
com.paypal.android.p2pmobile

And the database patched with sqlite3 but still i cant add cards

Last edited:
Reactions: sruel3216

fuarkgl3

Nov 16, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
Does anyone have the magisk patched boot.img handy?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ePR1oRNBjs86WM0V2oiewZ1iNSKpDB3/view?usp=drivesdk

For pixel 4 XL patched with latest magisk canary

I'm stock rooted on Android 10. Can I simply flash the 11 system image without the -w, uninstall current magisk app, then install canary magisk?

Thanks

You need to wipe all your data. I had to flash the image with -w twice because face unlock wasn't working so i had to go to stock recovery and wipe from there (titan m wipe) and flash again

tonyfiore75

Nov 2, 2010
New York, NY

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-183527.jpg
    Screenshot_20200610-183527.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 428
Reactions: Jiggs82

i42o

Dec 5, 2013
Riverside
Gpay doesnt work even with unrooted and locked bootloader. I

yes i have tried to fix gpay but it does not work on dp1 even when cts profile and basicintegrity pass... i have added sq lite and busy box and have even tried the command prompt hack to edit the .db and no go..'

also cannot make bubbles work. when i enable .... and receive a message it does not come thru.

tonyfiore75

Nov 2, 2010
New York, NY
I don't know if anyone is on Google Fi here but I noticed that after installing the 11 beta my Google Fi VPN no longer seems to work. Anyone else have this experience?

Never mind. I got it fixed. I had to delete the old VPN first. Then I reapplied the Google Fi VPN and it worked. I never had to do that before so that's sort of interesting. I hope this helps someone but hopefully no one has to deal with it at all.

Top Liked Posts