• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 11 Beta 1 (Jun 2020)

Search This thread

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
How so? Majority of the newest features is just catching up to Android. Some are exactly the same and others, while modified, aren't a "blown away" modified version.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Catching up yes but in a better way and while doing so they didn't forget about their existing features. Essentially iOS has most of the features of Android now.

Widget's look more polished on iOS, although there are still some limitations. Android kind of forgot about widget's.

There are small tweaks in camera apps of iOS, while Google hasn't paid any attention to it's own aap.

Privacy in enhanced further in iOS in a good way, small indication for any apps accessing camera, microphone.Google is playing catch up on that.

They have good dark mode settings right from beginning with good and new live wallpapers, Google only added schedule mode this time, which should've been added in Android 10 itself but no polishing of it in Android 11.

Pip is more polished on iOS again, you can even minimise it to the side and it still keeps playing it. Yet Google didn't make any changes to it except for resizing the ratio.

Google introduced rules 6 months before i guess, yet in Android 11 they did not even make an effort to enhance it to increase automation.

We have themes but what Google did to make it better was not exactly appreciated, they only changed the icon shape and yet to figure out what kind of clock to put. No scheduling for always on display.

I was really hoping Google to merge duo with message app and make it like iMessage, since we don't need anyone's number anymore to call from duo but nope it was not looked it.

I love Android and will support it but somehow i feel Google didn't put much thought into it for Android 11. They didn't polish existing features, while introducing new ones. We got bubbles and i never used it for Facebook but perhaps i might use it in 11 but that was a highlight feature.

They removed quick suggestions from recent app which used to save so much time. New notification heading gap wastes so much space. Let's hope beta 2 makes some kind of a leap forward and not leave users lot to be desired of.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
To those trying to dispute iOS 14 with the guy who brought it up, you realize you just got trolled quite hard, right? And that you're feeding the triple, right?

He knows what he's doing. Your best option is ignoring him

I would agree with you if he wasn't pretty active on the forums. He has been basically looking for reasons to leave Android though.

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
To those trying to dispute iOS 14 with the guy who brought it up, you realize you just got trolled quite hard, right? And that you're feeding the triple, right?

He knows what he's doing. Your best option is ignoring him

Really? This is how you take it, when you don't have anything to say constructively? I'm a proud Pixel user and don't intend to leave it but facts are facts.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I would agree with you if he wasn't pretty active on the forums. He has been basically looking for reasons to leave Android though.

Not really. I came to Pixel leaving my iPhone 7 plus and before using iPhone i was an Android users for life. I'm just disappointed with how Android 11 is shaping up at the moment. Yet i don't want to switch to Apple. I think you people should read and research more to know where I'm coming from.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Not really. I came to Pixel leaving my iPhone 7 plus and before using iPhone i was an Android users for life. I'm just disappointed with how Android 11 is shaping up at the moment. Yet i don't want to switch to Apple. I think you people should read and research more to know where I'm coming from.

Oh I've seen your posts here for the 4 XL and back on the 2 XL and I just got a sense of negativity a lot of time.

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Oh I've seen your posts here for the 4 XL and back on the 2 XL and I just got a sense of negativity a lot of time.

You must've been the features I've requested as well. Most of them have found appreciation from others but those are the things which should've been there in Android 11 itself. I don't understand why we still don't have battery care? When every other Android OEM has it.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Okay, am I the only one who hates that they took away app suggestions in recents? I used that all the time! Anyone else who wants it back should report it to Google.

Now, I don't suppose there is a way to get it back through root? I'm pretty certain the answer is no, but I have to ask.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Okay, am I the only one who hates that they took away app suggestions in recents? I used that all the time! Anyone else who wants it back should report it to Google.

Now, I don't suppose there is a way to get it back through root? I'm pretty certain the answer is no, but I have to ask.

Have reported! It was a very useful feature to me. Now I have to go to home screen to open any app everytime.

Last edited:

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You must've been the features I've requested as well. Most of them are have found appreciation from others but those are the things which should've been there in Android 11 itself. I don't understand why we still don't have battery care? When every other Android OEM has it.
Oh yeah I agree with you on that. Didn't we also talk about how we should have some kind of trade-in program too?

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yeah i guess! But my only point is Google kind of lost interest or Android 11 is a dull update.
Yeah it's not huge but I've been liking it. I like the grouped notifications, I like that media controls is separated, I love the power menu with smart home switches, and (yes iOS has had this since late 2018) I hope they keep the built-in screen recording.

Last edited:

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Yeah it's not huge but I've been liking it. I like the grouped notifications, I like that media controls is s, I love the power menu with smart home switches, and (yes iOS has had this since late 2018) I hope they keep the built-in screen recording.

Yep i like grouped notifications as well but they really need to make it more polished. So much gap between headings. Hopefully before the final release it will happen. I've raised issue regarding that as well.

Media controls in notification is much appreciated but they need to sort out few issues. Like if i use it in my notification shade, it also displays in my lockscreen and it stays even after i stop playing music.

Power menu is nice but why remove screenshot options? Not everyone in the world has smart homes but it's to have it there yet keep the screenshot button.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yep i like grouped notifications as well but they really need to make it more polished. So much gap between headings. Hopefully before the final release it will happen. I've raised issue regarding that as well.

Media controls in notification is much appreciated but they need to sort out few issues. Like if i use it in my notification shade, it also displays in my lockscreen and it stays even after i stop playing music.

Power menu is nice but why remove screenshot options? Not everyone in the world has smart homes but it's to have it there yet keep the screenshot button.
Not seeing that issue for media player. What media app is that happening with?

They made it easier for screenshots with the option in the recent apps view. The button in the bottom left corner. Screenshot_20200626-135541.jpg

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012

They made it easier for screenshots with the option in the recent apps view. The button in the bottom left corner.View attachment 5048365

Screenshot 1-2 is media playing. Screenshot 3 i stop the media, screenshot 4 is it still staying in the lockscreen and unless i force close it there is no way to remove that notification.

Umm yeah but how will i take screenshot of any random app or any web page - ( I'll have to use power button+ vol down) but in Android 10 i use to use the power button and press screenshot. That was a one handed operation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-185727.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-185727.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20200626-185734.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-185734.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20200626-185744.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-185744.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20200626-185749.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-185749.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 133

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012

They made it easier for screenshots with the option in the recent apps view. The button in the bottom left corner.View attachment 5048365

Also if you are saying i can take screenshots of any app or page by swiping up to recent menu then some apps don't really offer readable view in recent apps probably privacy concern. So that makes having it in the recent menu a bit less useful

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Also if you are saying i can take screenshots of any app or page by swiping up to recent menu then some apps don't really offer readable view in recent apps probably privacy concern. So that makes having it in the recent menu a bit less useful
The way I took it was with the power botton and volume down so you can see the option. When you actually tap it, it just the app and no recent apps.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Screenshot 1-2 is media playing. Screenshot 3 i stop the media, screenshot 4 is it still staying in the lockscreen and unless i force close it there is no way to remove that notification.
Ah my setting is different than yours for the lockscreen. I don't have my media controls on there probably because I have the skip lockscreen option on.

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
The way I took it was with the power botton and volume down so you can see the option. When you actually tap it, it just the app and no recent apps.

I know! But this is what I'm talking about. This is Screenshot from my WhatsApp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-193727.png
    Screenshot_20200626-193727.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 127

Top Liked Posts