• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 11 Beta 1 (Jun 2020)

Search This thread

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
The way I took it was with the power botton and volume down so you can see the option. When you actually tap it, it just the app and no recent apps.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Ah my setting is different than yours for the lockscreen. I don't have my media controls on there probably because I have the skip lockscreen option on.

Oh that makes sense! Something Google needs to think about ? i think that's why it's in developer settings still and not a full fledged feature

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Really? This is how you take it, when you don't have anything to say constructively? I'm a proud Pixel user and don't intend to leave it but facts are facts.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Not really. I came to Pixel leaving my iPhone 7 plus and before using iPhone i was an Android users for life. I'm just disappointed with how Android 11 is shaping up at the moment. Yet i don't want to switch to Apple. I think you people should read and research more to know where I'm coming from.

Dude, honestly it did look like you were trolling, I'll gladly stand corrected, as I would gladly prefer it that you were simply looking for info, as I dislike trolls as much as the next guy. Sorry about jumping to conclusions there.

Sigray

Aug 15, 2011
If I downgrade to Telstra june image what will be the downside? Can I update it via OTA?

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
We have themes but what Google did to make it better was not exactly appreciated, they only changed the icon shape and yet to figure out what kind of clock to put. No scheduling for always on display.
I finally got around to watch several iOS 14 hands on videos and wow their home screen is still so restrictive. It would still annoy me that I can't place apps and widgets wherever I'd like to. And technically you can have a clean, minimal one or two page setup because even though there's the apps library, all the app are still on the home screens. You have to hide pages to get a clean setup. Google doesn't need to make it better. We still have more flexibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiggs82

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Dude, honestly it did look like you were trolling, I'll gladly stand corrected, as I would gladly prefer it that you were simply looking for info, as I dislike trolls as much as the next guy. Sorry about jumping to conclusions there.

No worries! I'm just active in discussions. I don't believe in blind faith and more in constructive criticism.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I finally got around to watch several iOS 14 hands on videos and wow they're home screen is still so restrictive. It would still annoy me that I can't play apps and widgets wherever I'd like to. And technically you can have a clean, minimal one or two page setup because even though there's the app library, all the app are still on the home screens. You have to hide pages to get a clean setup. Google doesn't need to make it better. We still have more flexibility.

It's just not the screen. Yes it's restrictive, it's Apple's iteration of the feature. It's still better than iOS 13 and in a bigger way. Doesn't have to be perfect they'll get there but what matters of is there is improvement from previous update.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It's just not the screen. Yes it's restrictive, it's Apple's iteration of the feature. It's still better than iOS 13 and in a bigger way. Doesn't have to be perfect they'll get there but what matters of is there is improvement from previous update.
Gosh I had a lot of typos in my post. LOL. I fixed all that.

Right in an iOS bubble it's much improved but as an Android user it's like "half-assed" to me.

Reactions: JrWriter87

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Gosh I had a lot of typos in my post. LOL. I fixed all that.

Right in an iOS bubble it's much improved but as an Android user it's like "half-assed" to me.

Yep agreed! It's like how they are privacy in Android. Both are good platforms yet i love Android for what it is. Just the feeling that they should've done a bit more in Android 11.

From what i know is not many features are added after beta 1 so not sure how will they take all the feedback and feature requests.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yep agreed! It's like how they are privacy in Android. Both are good platforms yet i love Android for what it is. Just the feeling that they should've done a bit more in Android 11.

From what i know is not many features are added after beta 1 so not sure how will they take all the feedback and feature requests.
Privacy? What's that? LOL.

Yeah I don't know Google's track record on feature requests but I'm guessing it's not great. Yet sometimes things just randomly happen like the new Google Photos update. For the longest, I've been wanting a map for where photos have been taken.

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Privacy? What's that? LOL.

Yeah I don't know Google's track record on feature requests but I'm guessing it's not great. Yet sometimes things just randomly happen like the new Google Photos update. For the longest, I've been wanting a map for where photos have been taken.

I did sign up for Android 10 beta as well but there was not much addition after beta 1 or 2 if i remember.

I got the photos update but nothing actually changed lol! Except my icon. Did your interface changed? I hope it's just Android 11 beta

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I did sign up for Android 10 beta as well but there was not much addition after beta 1 or 2 if i remember.

I got the photos update but nothing actually changed lol! Except my icon. Did your interface changed? I hope it's just Android 11 beta
Yeah I've been doing Android betas since 2016. It's all been incremental.

I'm in the same boat. I got the app update but still waiting for it on the server side to actually give me the new features.

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Yeah I've been doing Android betas since 2016. It's all been incremental.

I'm in the same boat. I got the app update but still waiting for it on the server side to actually give me the new features.

Oh so it must be because of Android 11 beta only. Good to know! Good thing is Pixels get feature drops quarterly. However, it will stop for pixel 2 this year :/

It will be surprising if Pixel 1 is updated to Android 11 as a surprise :D

beache

Aug 22, 2016
Oh so it must be because of Android 11 beta only. Good to know! Good thing is Pixels get feature drops quarterly. However, it will stop for pixel 2 this year :/

It will be surprising if Pixel 1 is updated to Android 11 as a surprise :D
As I'm aware, they aren't upgrading the Pixel 1 to android 11 ?

Top Liked Posts