Android 11 Beta 2 Released

Search This thread

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Currently on it! Improvement in animation in some places, better landscape to portrait transition.

Missing clock option from themes

Music player now looks better, I think no more an experimental feature.

Final api released good for developers.

Recently screen tweaked a bit no share option anymore.

Yet to find other changes

---------- Post added 09-07-2020 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-07-2020 at 11:47 PM ----------

Restart button vanished from power menu! Great

Reactions: Oxuboxu

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Problems I have noticed are

The screen flickers a lot especially when using dark theme and a dark themed app.

I'm also missing new media controls.

Anyone got these problems?

I have the flicker issue too, media controls are there though.

I've noticed there's no longer the option to force 90hz now either in developer settings which I presume would resolve the flicker issue.

lapapunk

Aug 22, 2014
Odessa
Flicking is so annoying.. is there any fix?
Maybe custom kernel? I can't watch on this stroboscope

tonyfiore75

Nov 2, 2010
New York, NY
Here is my experience...

1) The flickering screen is annoying
2) I had no problems rooting via Magisk
2a) After rooting my Messages app stopped receiving messages but I was able to send them without issue
2b) I could not update apps from the Google Play store. It would just say "Downloading" but nothing would happen
2c) The Google weather widget on the home screen would not show the weather nor would it take me to Google weather when I clicked it. It seemed disabled.

I have since re-flashed the latest Beta but didn't root. All of the above issues, aside from the screen flickering, have been resolved,

Reactions: Roll3r

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Terrible flickering...
The flickering exists also at Beta 1 but only at very low brightness (environment and system brightness). Now screen flickering regardless of environment and system brightness (except at extreme high system brightness...) as long as background is not totally black.

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
Anyone got Magisk working on the new beta? The canary build that was reported working on beta 1 isn't booting for me. (I never tried beta 1 myself.)

I have tried a few ways no luck yet.

As for other people the flicking screen I have it in this beta . I had it before Beta too, It's the 60hz - 90hz refresh rate. Sucks to say but if you disable it fixes the problem.

Reactions: tonyfiore75

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
I don't see the flickering on my device. Yes to using dark mode, force dark mode, enabling 90 Hzv display (no more force), and playing a couple games at well as watching videos, reading news...

It never shows. Or else I am not recognizing it - and I'm pretty sure I know what flickering means, so....

I do use figure mode to automatically pause most of my games and SoS I don't normally use at work during work hours, so maybe that is why?

Or else something else I might have done?

From Coral, with Tapatalk

hawkswind1

Jun 11, 2012
I thought mine wasn't doing it to until just now. In dark room and looking at chrome settings while using dark mode. The grey background flickers like crazy... On a positive note at least it's safe to to back to Android 10 July without face unlock breaking

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts