Android 11 Beta 2 Released

Search This thread

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
How is your overall experience of beta 3? Considering this is almost like a final version only.

1) Performance
2) Battery life
3) New features
4) Features you wanted but didn't make it or never were intended to be in Android 11?
5) Overall rating for Android 11 out of 10?

Would love to hear it from you guys

ScrapMaker

Jan 23, 2008
How is your overall experience of beta 3? Considering this is almost like a final version only.

1) Performance
2) Battery life
3) New features
4) Features you wanted but didn't make it or never were intended to be in Android 11?
5) Overall rating for Android 11 out of 10?

Would love to hear it from you guys

Realistically the only feature I am enjoying over Android 10 is that you can now toggle auto-reconnect on wi-fi. Nothing else really stands out to me. The notification grouping is a tad different, but not really game-changing. Power menu is a tad different, but I don't use any of those features.

All-in-all, it's neat to be on the bleeding edge from a nerding-out perspective, but there's no tangible difference/benefit to putting up with the on-and-off again bugs we experience. Curious to see what other people say... seems a lot of people are kinda fanbois and worship Google and will focus on tiny little changes, exaggerating them.

Multitasking is way worse now, with the annoying buttons at the bottom of the screen, and screenshot is terrible. There are many trade-offs here. It's not all rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns on Android 11.

Last edited:

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Realistically the only feature I am enjoying over Android 10 is that you can now toggle auto-reconnect on wi-fi. Nothing else really stands out to me. The notification grouping is a tad different, but not really game-changing. Power menu is a tad different, but I don't use any of those features.

All-in-all, it's neat to be on the bleeding edge from a nerding-out perspective, but there's no tangible difference/benefit to putting up with the on-and-off again bugs we experience. Curious to see what other people say... seems a lot of people are kinda fanbois and worship Google and will focus on tiny little changes, exaggerating them.

Multitasking is way worse now, with the annoying buttons at the bottom of the screen, and screenshot is terrible. There are many trade-offs here. It's not all rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns on Android 11.

I've had a similar experience. I wasnt expecting it to be a major upgrade but there are certainly few controversial decisions like removing access to apps from recent menu or ugly spacing between notifications wasting a lot of space. No additional theme options, No day/night live wallpapers to go with dark mode, No AOD scheduling, battery care or any innovative feature.

Till now performance is a bit better than Android 10 but the battery drain is more as well. I hope that gets fixed.

I enjoyed the move for them to include music app in the notification panel. Chat heads is a mess and i don't think many will use that feature. It was a fail when Facebook introduced it, don't see what will change now!

How long can we get Android 10 updates after the 11 release? I seriously don't want to update for the first time ever. Just the removal of app suggestions in recents makes me want to stay back. That was such a stupid move! Such a useful feature replaced with.. A screenshot and copy buttons??? Cause you can't do those already... FFS Google...

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How long can we get Android 10 updates after the 11 release? I seriously don't want to update for the first time ever. Just the removal of app suggestions in recents makes me want to stay back. That was such a stupid move! Such a useful feature replaced with.. A screenshot and copy buttons??? Cause you can't do those already... FFS Google...
Once Android 11/R is officially released (which supposed to be Sept. 8) lol you can always just stick with Android 10 stock rom but you will miss out on security updates unless you flash a custom 10 rom until they ever update it to 11/R

Reactions: Jiggs1523

i42o

is anyone else experiencing the battery getting stuck at 80% or 50% charge and will not go past that? I tried to calibrate it but unfortunately it's telling me that there's an error and that it can't be calibrated. I have been dealing with this issue for a couple days now where it's sold 50% charging that my phone dies and it goes down to 4% when it restarts... I don't know if this is because of Android preview which most likely is but I want to know if I'm not alone

gianton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9
is anyone else experiencing the battery getting stuck at 80% or 50% charge and will not go past that? I tried to calibrate it but unfortunately it's telling me that there's an error and that it can't be calibrated. I have been dealing with this issue for a couple days now where it's sold 50% charging that my phone dies and it goes down to 4% when it restarts... I don't know if this is because of Android preview which most likely is but I want to know if I'm not alone

Never faced this issue. Looks to me it's a hardware problem, how old is your device? You can go back to stable A10 and see if the issue is still there.

ScrapMaker

Jan 23, 2008
Mine appears to be charging as well. Although I am experiencing a few problems.
- Sometimes apps seem to get stuck on the screen and I cannot do the home swipe gesture. I have to first swipe down at the notification bar, then try again.
- WebEx is really weird with the mini-preview when minimized. I get weird sections of the overall shared screen, etc. Not consistent. Also the speaker volume resets itself to 100% every 30 seconds or so, which is infuriating. (seems specific to WebEx.)
- GV doesn't always ring for me, but this has been an ongoing problem. Just seems to be worse since playing with the betas.
- Generally I have had to reboot my phone maybe once a day, or every other day. That's clearly abnormal.

Overall, still a few kinks to work out, but beta 3 is actually quite usable. I have no core functionality complaints, other than I absolutely despite the screenshot mechanism. Trying to tap that tiny x is really annoying, and I cannot swipe that pop-up away. Hopefully this is fixed for the proper release.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Apparently it's a known issue that is hitting some phones.. looks like it might be a hard word problem because a simple squeeze fixed my issue.. I squeezed around the part with the g logo is that and that seems to have made my battery respond maybe the battery is defective like the Nexus 6P was or the Pixel 1

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/25796722?hl=en

Well that sucks!

Reactions: Jiggs82

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
Google Pixel 8 Pro
We are pretty close to the final release now and there are still issues with 3rd party launchers, starting to think this won't get fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ScrapMaker

Jan 23, 2008
The main problem I have on beta 3 is that the max volume on my phone is way too loud for the speaker. Causes it to squeak and sounds like it's about to burst. Really bad. I need to look into how I can limit this with root. I've not tried in a long time.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Beta 2 is worse than beta 1 for me. Lots of little glitches all over the place like others have mentioned. All my apps seem to work fine tho. 2 things really bugging me is when I use a lighter wallpaper the date and weather don't turns black on my homescreen but the top status bar stays white instead of also black. Beta 1 that wasn't an issue. Also driving me crazy is the notification pull-down is black when I'm using a light theme. Looks terrible IMO.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Beta 2 is worse than beta 1 for me. Lots of little glitches all over the place like others have mentioned. All my apps seem to work fine tho. 2 things really bugging me is when I use a lighter wallpaper the date and weather don't turns black on my homescreen but the top status bar stays white instead of also black. Beta 1 that wasn't an issue. Also driving me crazy is the notification pull-down is black when I'm using a light theme. Looks terrible IMO.
Yea, I noticed a few more bugs too on Beta 2 that were not on Beta 1.

Top Liked Posts