Android 11/beta only for N9860 (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Chaazaq7

Feb 27, 2019
I live in the UK and have the hong Kong version I've received small updates but have complained to samsung as the keys cafe keyboard doesn't work properlyim trying to find out more information. would you guys be interested in joining a telegram chat

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
What a bore. We are the forgotten device number.
I saw you posted this is a Snapdragon device.. Am I right? Can you send me a screenshot of you software as well as hardware info page. I want to study a bit and see if you can convert it to U1 variant that way you can join rest of us. @Limeybastard is the other user with this device if I am not wrong..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Giza
I saw you posted this is a Snapdragon device.. Am I right? Can you send me a screenshot of you software as well as hardware info page. I want to study a bit and see if you can convert it to U1 variant that way you can join rest of us. @Limeybastard is the other user with this device if I am not wrong..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
The Korean model is also in the beta prog. the SM-N986N but it is not a dual sim variant.
The only dual sim-snapdragon variant is the SM-N9860 that's why we are stuck.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Imran Dewan

Nov 19, 2020
Dhaka
Yes same to me...in samsung hong kong website they announced that, 24 nov they were working for system maintaining...i hope after working they were releasing android 11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! I made a tutorial for updating to stable One UI 3.0:

1. Download and extract both Frija and Odin.
    2. Launch Frija.
    3. Check the "Auto" button. Write your device's Model Number and CSC
    (Your model number is at Settings, then About phone).
    4. Click on "Check Update".
    5. Click on "Download" and choose a folder to save the firmware.
    6. After the download is complete, extract the firmware .zip.
    7. Launch Odin.
    8. Click the "BL" button and select the file that starts with "BL_...".
    9. Click the "AP" button and select the file that starts with "AP_...".
    10. Click the "CP" button and select the file that starts with "CP_...".
    11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
    12. Turn off your phone.
    13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
    14. After booting into Download Mode, press the Volume Up button to continue.
    15. Back to Odin, click "Start".
    16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
    17. Congrats! You have successfully flashed the latest update to your device.
    18. After your phone is on, turn it off again.
    19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
    20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
    21. Select "Yes".
    22. Select "Reboot system now".

I hope it helps you! :)
    Does this guide work for rooted N9860 with Magisk/ TWRP etc - to safely update FW without losing any of root/ TWRP/ user data etc?

Is re-flashing of vbmeta & TWRP needed again during update process?
    Well I thing we could have soon good news, the China (Open China) for ours SM-N9860 version is already out and loaded on the sammobile web site. Still waiting for the BRI version.

1611764185341.png
    This is what Samsung HK responded to my query about the update
    (In regards to your inquiry, we are sorry that we do not have accurate date of the update you mentioned, we will pass your opinion to our relevant party, and hope that there will be an update for your device as soon as possible)

This is really frustrating
    notice show update available on Feb for HK model.
    20210122_296f365ca4faba87d785hL46Os662N9W.jpg

2. Launch Frija.
    7. Launch Odin.
    11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
    12. Turn off your phone.
    13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
    16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
    19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
    20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
    21. Select "Yes".

Links:

Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

2. Launch Frija.
    7. Launch Odin.
    12. Turn off your phone.
    21. Select "Yes".

Does this guide work for rooted N9860 with Magisk/ TWRP etc - to safely update FW without losing any of root/ TWRP/ user data etc?

Is re-flashing of vbmeta & TWRP needed again during update process?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone