Android 11/beta only for N9860 (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
As of today I have U1 in my hand now mate .
Amazing news.. So you sent the other one back? Also does this one show green tint too?.. So many questions I have.. Lol..

Ohh also may I suggest trying to register for Beta asap... Use my beta announcement thread.. Whether you want it or not is upto you at least when you are registered you have a choice..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
Amazing news.. So you sent the other one back? Also does this one show green tint too?.. So many questions I have.. Lol..

Ohh also may I suggest trying to register for Beta asap... Use my beta announcement thread.. Whether you want it or not is upto you at least when you are registered you have a choice..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Too early to tell. Will update later with my finding. Provisional testing shows the U1 has less of a green bias on dark grey areas but more of a yellow bias.

manager77

May 30, 2009
Still November patch for N9860! Not android 11....N986U, N986N, N986B etc. all have OneUI 3.0. What's wrong with N9860, Samsung?! What a shame! I paid over 1300 USD on this phone to get update long time after the old models like S10, S20, Note 10?

Now we have second update android 11,january patch, all HK version no only N9860 have very slow update
While I'm as disappointed as the next person, perhaps the numbers involved do not make the N9860 a priority. Based on population statistics Hong Kong has fewer residents than London and roughly 10% of the UK as a whole. How many of those own an N9860?

Compare to the USA market or Exynos market and it is quite a niche product. I guess it's no surprise that it's at the back of the queue. It's shameful that we don't have December security updates though, never mind January. Not at all cool, Samsung.

Reactions: Chaazaq7

graveyardghost

Mar 19, 2011
Guys any news when will we the owners of SM-N9860 will get one ui 3.0 or android 11? Looks like its a model samsung does care to update. Im worried it may be the same for all future updates as well..

manager77

May 30, 2009
Dear Samsung, Note 20 Ultra N9860 is your model phone too! I know there are manny things that are wrong with you, but this pissed me off

wassim79

Aug 5, 2010
I'm afraid that we will not get the update as long as we are not in HK, I've read an article about this, the only way is manual update ! !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I thing we could have soon good news, the China (Open China) for ours SM-N9860 version is already out and loaded on the sammobile web site. Still waiting for the BRI version.

1611764185341.png
    This is what Samsung HK responded to my query about the update
    (In regards to your inquiry, we are sorry that we do not have accurate date of the update you mentioned, we will pass your opinion to our relevant party, and hope that there will be an update for your device as soon as possible)

This is really frustrating
    notice show update available on Feb for HK model.
    20210122_296f365ca4faba87d785hL46Os662N9W.jpg
    Hello everyone! I made a tutorial for updating to stable One UI 3.0:

1. Download and extract both Frija and Odin.
    2. Launch Frija.
    3. Check the "Auto" button. Write your device's Model Number and CSC
    (Your model number is at Settings, then About phone).
    4. Click on "Check Update".
    5. Click on "Download" and choose a folder to save the firmware.
    6. After the download is complete, extract the firmware .zip.
    7. Launch Odin.
    8. Click the "BL" button and select the file that starts with "BL_...".
    9. Click the "AP" button and select the file that starts with "AP_...".
    10. Click the "CP" button and select the file that starts with "CP_...".
    11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
    12. Turn off your phone.
    13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
    14. After booting into Download Mode, press the Volume Up button to continue.
    15. Back to Odin, click "Start".
    16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
    17. Congrats! You have successfully flashed the latest update to your device.
    18. After your phone is on, turn it off again.
    19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
    20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
    21. Select "Yes".
    22. Select "Reboot system now".

Links:

Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

I hope it helps you! :)
    I've received the update today finally Android 11
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures