• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 11 beta OTA.zip

Search This thread

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
Screenshot is more accessible than pressing a button, I don't use any buttons, just swipe up and screenshot is down below, except for powering off, used gestures all than time S2S and so on with clean slate kernel, 2 and 3 don't mind and don't use it at all. That's my opinion, plus on this ROM sometimes it freezes...so far on 11 nothing so far. But it all depends on who uses it...at least developers giving us an option, just stating the fact coz I used both Pixel dust caf and aosp... there's a hiccup freezes sometimes. Anyway, enough with this, this is Pixel Dust topic anyway:cool:

Yeah it more on personal preference but i can't take screenshot of a chat by swiping up any then cropping the app all the time. I hope they give us the option back.

In your experience does new features come with next betas or this is what it is for Android 11 and we just get more polished until the final release?

imna357

Yeah it more on personal preference but i can't take screenshot of a chat by swiping up any then cropping the app all the time. I hope they give us the option back.

In your experience does new features come with next betas or this is what it is for Android 11 and we just get more polished until the final release?

I think it's basically polishing it and hope they'll bring back the swipe down for restoring an app...besides that not sure what else is coming:good:

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
What more are you expecting from a mature operating system?

Nothing has really changed since Pie apart from fine tuning the OS which is all it needs. Doubt android 12 will be much different as well

I don't know if you ask me i can think of few things like
Instantly
1) not remove features already implemented and useful
2) Battery care for Android? Like Sony, Apple, Samsung has
3) customizable always on display and home screen
4) Force all apps to release dark mode before Android 11
5) A proper screen recorder
6) oh yes! How about a day/night wallpaper? Which changes with the day??

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
I don't know if you ask me i can think of few things like
Instantly
1) not remove features already implemented and useful
2) Battery care for Android? Like Sony, Apple, Samsung has
3) customizable always on display and home screen
4) Force all apps to release dark mode before Android 11
5) A proper screen recorder
6) oh yes! How about a day/night wallpaper? Which changes with the day??

They haven't really removed anything. For 1/2 of your post a page back you can take screenshot and get to most used apps just as quick as the old way.

Always on display will be customisable in final release.

Not everyone likes dark mode so why force them to do something not everyone will use.

Screen recorder will be there in final version.

You can download an app to change wallpaper based on time anytime you want. Doubt this will ever be implemented in the OS

100rabh7791

May 25, 2012
They haven't really removed anything. For 1/2 of your post a page back you can take screenshot and get to most used apps just as quick as the old way.

No, i used to bring up the app switcher and used to use the recent apps at the bottom. Boom that's gone

Always on display will be customisable in final release.

Not everyone likes dark mode so why force them to do something not everyone will use.

Screen recorder will be there in final version.

You can download an app to change wallpaper based on time anytime you want. Doubt this will ever be implemented in the OS

Forcing dark mode will help in a consistent UI irrespective of peoples liking. You can always give an option to them to not toggle it on in app basis.

It was there in Android 2.3 but removed for some reason. I mean the wallpaper day and night. I don't want to add another app and use extra ram and battery because we are given very limited ram and battery capacity anyway.

Top Liked Posts