• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 11 Beta

Search This thread

Kollachi

Aug 24, 2013
Telegram
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
OnePlus 7T
Thanks plan on doing this tomorrow

Anyone have a resource to go from release to beta then root?

If you are still on stable:

1. Boot twrp
2. Flash magisk canary.zip here
3. Reboot to system and install Open beta with updater Don't reboot!
4. Go to magisk and install to other slot (after ota)
5. Now reboot

That's what I did yesterday and it worked without issues.

I tried other method with patching the boot.img but got bootloop somehow. Not sure what was the issue.

Last edited:

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

1. Boot twrp
5. Now reboot

I tried other method with patching the boot.img but got bootloop somehow. Not sure what was the issue.

Did you do patch the boot.img, or did you use another one?

ZerkerEOD

Aug 1, 2009

1. Boot twrp
5. Now reboot

Where did you get the twrp? The latest twrp I find for OnePlus devices is for the 7, nothing for the 8

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
@meffles

That's a strange call.

If they're doing a wind down technique to 60hz to save battery they really should just allow 90hz, let's face it, if it's between 60 and 120 then the average is 90 ? Lol

That's my logic anyway, plus I know it's possible as there was an image presented prior to the 1+8pro launch..

Weird call from OnePlus.

Hopefully someone adds a mod for 90hz, I think it'll provide the perfect balance between stamina and performance with minimal visual impact

Kollachi

Aug 24, 2013
Telegram
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
OnePlus 7T
@meffles

That's a strange call.

If they're doing a wind down technique to 60hz to save battery they really should just allow 90hz, let's face it, if it's between 60 and 120 then the average is 90 ? Lol

That's my logic anyway, plus I know it's possible as there was an image presented prior to the 1+8pro launch..

Weird call from OnePlus.

Hopefully someone adds a mod for 90hz, I think it'll provide the perfect balance between stamina and performance with minimal visual impact

Yes I hope there will be a way to allow 90hz. I was already searching for it but it seems there is nothing we can do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ob 6 out on oxygen update
    System
    • Optimized the UI display of the status bar
    • Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
    • Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
    • Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01

Shelf
    • Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
    • Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency

Weather
    • Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display

Gaming Space
    • Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases

Gallery
    • Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience

Bluetooth
    • Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
    For those of you using the file from mwilky to root make sure in fastboot you use the command fastboot boot new.img first of all and reboot system. Following this go back into fastboot then use both fastboot flash boot_a new.img and fastboot flash boot_b new.img commands to make sure it stays. If this doesn't work I have no idea what the issue is as Matt, myself and others through telegram have it running now. I've added the proper boot img below just to make sure its the correct one as there was a few attempts and different ones. Also added Canary Magisk Manager used. Mine was after a clean flash and mwilky's dirty so should be good both ways.

Patched boot:
    OOS11 DP3 Patched Boot

Canary Manager:
    Canary Magisk Manager

Steps:
    1. First command: fastboot boot new.img
    2. Reboot system
    3. Go back into fastboot mode
    4. Use the second command: fastboot flash boot_a new.img
    5. Do the third command: fastboot flash boot_b new.img
    6. Reboot system
    7. Install Canary Magisk Manager
    8. Enjoy (hopefully)

Also just to show that it does work:

photo_2020-08-12_23-00-00.jpg photo_2020-08-12_23-00-04.jpg

Goodluck hope it helps
    Oh first thing that does but me is Netflix doesn't work for now

Netflix?! However the beta does run very smooth on my EU model

★ Netflix doesn't work
    * Keyboard is sluggish when navigation bar is hidden
    * Notifications are missing alignment clock as mentioned and others are off to the right
    * After reboot my FP isn't working anymore

For the Netflix issue: simply use the latest bets from apk mirror. It's working fine.

The misaligned clock only happens with QHD+. If you simply use FHD it's fine.

The fingerprint sensor dies sometimes. But a reboot fixed it for me.

So the power menu is actually completely broken. Sometimes a completely UI crash is happening.

I miss the new media controls in the quick toggles.

The good things:
    - dark mode toggle available
    - one handed is available in gestures settings (actually not working)
    - new notifications sections are there
    - build runs quite stable
    - 5G is working with dual sim

The bad things:
    - UI is sometimes buggy
    - fingerprint sometimes no working
    - widewine l3
    - not certified (e.g. gpay not working)
    Updated to show OOS differences

The keyboard issue covering the input text is due to (Hide the bottom bar) in Gestures , turn that on and all is sorted .......(Still a bug though) I spent ages trying to resolve .....?

Now on OxygenOS 11 DP3 and all is dandy in regards to that specific issue ......?