• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 11 Beta

Search This thread

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Moving to official OP11 from the OB2 release - it is more stable and quicker.

The stupid 24hour only clock issue still exists with anything except the default clock; ambient clock still reverts to default clock momentarily on unlock; but so far I haven't spotted any of the other annoying bugs from OB2.

Keyboard rendering with swipe navigation enabled is much improved!

this is all in your head. the speed is virtually identical. I'm staying on OB2 for more cutting edge goodies.

Philip

Sep 19, 2004
Hampshire, UK
I guess it's the new power menu. I have it also on other device with Android 11.
This is not a bug, and a standard Android 11 behavior, the power menu was replaced with the quick action menu that includes power menu functions.
Thanks - it's pretty brain dead, isn't it? For me it gives me options that I rarely use (boot to recovery/Emergency/Lockdown) at the start of the menu, and I have to drill down for options that I do use more frequently (Restart/Power Off). Doesn't even seem to be any way to customise it yet.

I'm running Nova on OB2 and I haven't noticed any lag.
Thanks. It seems that the lag on Nova Launcher was down to Automagic (when I switched off the Automagic service, it went back to normal speed). Looks like I'm going to have to climb the Tasker learning curve sooner than I had expected :(

FernBch

Sep 14, 2009
Alamogordo, NM
You didn't come from beta 11 or you would have been wiped.
Just figured that out. Had a brain phart there, lol.

Anyone notice any issue with the Alarm clock? For me it goes off but quits fairly quick. In settings I have it set to never silence but it stops ringing.

I am on A11 "stable", have Magisk installed, but still run the stock kernel. Magisk is 21004 and I update via Canary.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

FernBch

Sep 14, 2009
Alamogordo, NM
Definitely having a problem with the alarm clock on the stable Android 11. Previously it was acting strange, so I unrooted, factory reset, and installed the stable version clean.

When the alarm clock goes off it does one of the following:

It rings but you have to manually unlock the phone to dismiss the alarm.

Occasionally it does not ring at all.

I have also seen a few instances where it actually rings but several minutes late.

The last thing that I have seen is it will go off but silence all by itself after just a few moments.

Looks like it's time to go back to Android 10.

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Definitely having a problem with the alarm clock on the stable Android 11. Previously it was acting strange, so I unrooted, factory reset, and installed the stable version clean.

I have also seen a few instances where it actually rings but several minutes late.

The last thing that I have seen is it will go off but silence all by itself after just a few moments.

I have no such issues on alarm clock

Pater Albrecht

Jun 13, 2010
Neighbourhood
OnePlus 8 Pro

I have exactly the same problem. OB2 not rooted.

nyzoli72

Mar 6, 2015
Budapest
OnePlus 8 Pro

never had such a problem with it like this...

FernBch

Sep 14, 2009
Alamogordo, NM

I have no such issues on alarm clock
I have exactly the same problem. OB2 not rooted.
never had such a problem with it like this...
I can repeat it at will. For me it only seems to happen when I am plugged in to a charger or wireless charging. Doesn't matter what charger it is, who made it, etc. When I am not plugged into a charger the alarm works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ob 6 out on oxygen update
    System
    • Optimized the UI display of the status bar
    • Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
    • Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
    • Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01

Shelf
    • Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
    • Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency

Weather
    • Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display

Gaming Space
    • Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases

Gallery
    • Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience

Bluetooth
    • Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
    For those of you using the file from mwilky to root make sure in fastboot you use the command fastboot boot new.img first of all and reboot system. Following this go back into fastboot then use both fastboot flash boot_a new.img and fastboot flash boot_b new.img commands to make sure it stays. If this doesn't work I have no idea what the issue is as Matt, myself and others through telegram have it running now. I've added the proper boot img below just to make sure its the correct one as there was a few attempts and different ones. Also added Canary Magisk Manager used. Mine was after a clean flash and mwilky's dirty so should be good both ways.

Patched boot:
    OOS11 DP3 Patched Boot

Canary Manager:
    Canary Magisk Manager

Steps:
    1. First command: fastboot boot new.img
    2. Reboot system
    3. Go back into fastboot mode
    4. Use the second command: fastboot flash boot_a new.img
    5. Do the third command: fastboot flash boot_b new.img
    6. Reboot system
    7. Install Canary Magisk Manager
    8. Enjoy (hopefully)

Also just to show that it does work:

photo_2020-08-12_23-00-00.jpg photo_2020-08-12_23-00-04.jpg

Goodluck hope it helps
    Oh first thing that does but me is Netflix doesn't work for now

Netflix?! However the beta does run very smooth on my EU model

★ Netflix doesn't work
    * Keyboard is sluggish when navigation bar is hidden
    * Notifications are missing alignment clock as mentioned and others are off to the right
    * After reboot my FP isn't working anymore

For the Netflix issue: simply use the latest bets from apk mirror. It's working fine.

The misaligned clock only happens with QHD+. If you simply use FHD it's fine.

The fingerprint sensor dies sometimes. But a reboot fixed it for me.

So the power menu is actually completely broken. Sometimes a completely UI crash is happening.

I miss the new media controls in the quick toggles.

The good things:
    - dark mode toggle available
    - one handed is available in gestures settings (actually not working)
    - new notifications sections are there
    - build runs quite stable
    - 5G is working with dual sim

The bad things:
    - UI is sometimes buggy
    - fingerprint sometimes no working
    - widewine l3
    - not certified (e.g. gpay not working)
    Updated to show OOS differences

The keyboard issue covering the input text is due to (Hide the bottom bar) in Gestures , turn that on and all is sorted .......(Still a bug though) I spent ages trying to resolve .....?

Now on OxygenOS 11 DP3 and all is dandy in regards to that specific issue ......?