ANDROID 11 BUG & PROBLEMS [Original Firmware Xperia 5 ii]

Search This thread

Cptnfruitloops

Mar 4, 2020
Same here, sometimes its reboot while charging, somtimes when i plugin my Phone into the Charger.....another issue is, when a call comes in, i can't accept it, i have to wait 3 secons befor the call pops up....
Are you charging with stock cable and brick? Id like to think it could be dodgy USB-C cables for me. I dont own any USB-C charger bricks so I have to use USB-B to C and I read online that cheap cables use a 10k pull up resistor instead of 56k and that messes with the power managment

Cptnfruitloops

Mar 4, 2020
Are you charging with stock cable and brick? Id like to think it could be dodgy USB-C cables for me. I dont own any USB-C charger bricks so I have to use USB-B to C and I read online that cheap cables use a 10k pull up resistor instead of 56k and that messes with the power managment
I checked all my cables and they all use 56k resistors so yeah random reboots is a bug.

Gosh!

Aug 23, 2012
Two things:

- When starting the camera app by double pressing the power button, the screen is often very dark and the app does not work properly. Only correctly unlocking the phone solves this.

- slow motion videos are not possible anymore. The result is just a 120 fps video in normal speed, not slow motion. (Please can someone confirm?)

PPGX5II

Two things:

- When starting the camera app by double pressing the power button, the screen is often very dark and the app does not work properly. Only correctly unlocking the phone solves this.

- slow motion videos are not possible anymore. The result is just a 120 fps video in normal speed, not slow motion. (Please can someone confirm?)
Nope, both functions still work as expected on My XQ-AS62 on 58.1.A.3.87

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Meh, I would avoid updating to 11 like the plague at least until you are aware of what will happen or until the bugs are worked out (if ever).
Google has lost its mind with the delusions of Apple. It's so "secure" it's not usable🤣
11 is the new Android Vista...

I'm still running on Pie on my Note 10+ for good reasons. Zero malware forced reloads yet...

Reactions: misbehave

steffanos

Mar 20, 2021
I have one issue when sharing pictures, news etc. When I want to share something I always get the same contacts from the same app, Telegram in my case (screenshot below). But these are not the contacts which I frequently chat with or the the last ones. Is there any way to set this differently? For example to show contacts which I frequently chat with or perhaps the last contacts I sent message to...

Screenshot_20210401-104143_2.png

antoboy32

Nov 8, 2011
News !! Notification bar doesn't have problem anymore when 120hz is activated...so i let it activated to use my Phone at it's full capacity^^

Kugismugis

Sep 30, 2015
I have found weird bug after updating to android 11 with default launcher. Icons placed in folder which is placed in drawer colors are bugged when using focus mode. When turning focus mode on and off they either don't turn grey or stay gray. Weird.

steffanos

Mar 20, 2021
Battery drain on android 11.. A10 is better for battery life...
Maybe try a factory reset?
After upgrade to Android 11 everything works great but the battery is draining faster then usual. For example during internet surf, % drop quite faster.
I'm thinking of factory reset but I need help which way to do it:
-standard way via settings and factory reset or
-Xperia Companion tool and use Software repair option?
I've seen people use the 2nd option quite often for this purpose, but I don't know what is the difference between these two.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
After upgrade to Android 11 everything works great but the battery is draining faster then usual. For example during internet surf, % drop quite faster.
I'm thinking of factory reset but I need help which way to do it:
-standard way via settings and factory reset or
-Xperia Companion tool and use Software repair option?
I've seen people use the 2nd option quite often for this purpose, but I don't know what is the difference between these two.
You need to do a factory reset have a major firmware upgrade.
You can try clearing the system cache but it probably won't be enough...

steffanos

Mar 20, 2021
You need to do a factory reset have a major firmware upgrade.
You can try clearing the system cache but it probably won't be enough...
I think factory reset can be potential solution, just asking for advice - should I do it from settings (factory reset) or Software repair via Xperia Companion, because I see a lot of people use this tool for that matter??

Heinkill

May 7, 2021
As a Sony fan Im planning to buy the 5II but i heard a lot of problems about the phone. Should i look after the s21 and Oneplus 9 or Xperia 5ii is still a good option?

MrN1484

Aug 19, 2013
Huawei Mediapad M3
Xiaomi Poco F1
As a Sony fan Im planning to buy the 5II but i heard a lot of problems about the phone. Should i look after the s21 and Oneplus 9 or Xperia 5ii is still a good option?
I'm not a Sony fan, my last Sony was a Sony Ericsson W810 but I'm loving my 5ii.

The last few phones I had were op8 pro, op7t pro and LG V50.

The size is right, screen is good, updates are fine, 3.5mm jack and SD card. The camera seems to be controversial because it requires a bit more work than a standard point and click but if you want a high end phone that fits in a pocket with all the bells and whistles (except wireless charging) go for it.

Reactions: PPGX5II

Heinkill

May 7, 2021
Any issue with the phone so far? I read about some problems with bluetooth, Netflix and the charging port.

bo6o

Jul 19, 2010
Sofia
After the last update 58.1.a.5.159 the issue with signal strength became worse. Now, from time to time, both sims become offline for a couple of seconds, and after around 20sec, they are back online.
Anyone else noticing such behaviour?

Reactions: zaher04

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
After the last update 58.1.A.5.159. I keep getting the icons stick on the status bar. So I see message icons on the staus, swipe down, clear all, but the icons persist. the only way to get rid of them is restart the phone.
Am I alone with this? It might be a Nova launcher thing, as I use Nova.

patrickt

Apr 8, 2021
I have an Xperia 5 II with .159 with Nova Pro launcher and I haven't had that problem. I don't remember having any problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I want to use this Thread for share the bugs and the problems of android 11 update from sony.
    In the end I'll can share all this bugs to Sony Developers and hope for a fix.

My device: Sony Xperia 5 ii [Firmware Vesrion: 58.1.A.1.178 Android 11]

Problems & Bugs:
    1- When you get a notification with the always on display: the icons of apps that have a notification are no longer displayed example: instagram or telegram icon are not displayed in the always on display.

2- In multitasking the ability to copy text directly into any app has been removed (it was a new android 11 feature that sony apparently removed) .

3- The application drawer now (in android 11) has a completely black background in "dark mode", and not dark gray like the previous version. (there is no possibility to set dark gray) .

4- The shutdown screen is not adapted to the 21: 9 screen and is too far up and difficult to reach.

5- The flashlight when used makes very little light compared to any other smartphone. Problem also of the last android version.

6- There is no possibility to use android's original Theme and Backgrounds system to change interface color and icon shape.

7- [!NEW] Black screen when you make a screenshot on videos.

8- [!NEW] The notification light blink too slow and is not easy to see if you get a new notify.

If you find a bug or problem please reply

• Little update 02/03/21 (MM/DD/YY): I contacted sony from the chat in real time and I reported all this bugs to developers.
    Annotazione 2021-02-03 104315.png
    I'll add increased battery drain.
    Grr, another restart, so I did a backup, factory reset and a restore.
    Fingers crossed that does the trick
    I had a random reboot about 3 hours after updating. Can't be sure it was anything to do with the new version as I wasn't using the phone at the time. Just saw it go off and the SONY boot screen appear.
    i got two reboots, one during typing a whatsapp message and the other when i plugged it into a charger