Android 11 cant set background permission for smartwatch

agucasta

Dec 5, 2014
Hello folks. I've been reading a lot to fix this issue but no luck yet so I come to you. I have a Pixel 4XL running android 11, and a smartwatch brand Haylou Ls05, with the apk Haylou Fit.
The thing is I cant set the proper permissions to use the location services in the background. Mi GF has a android 10 phone and no problem.

I already tested everything I founded over the internet and nothing works. When I start running, the app goes good until the screens is off and the tracking of the running gets lost.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!!

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Are you running without your phone? This watch doesn't have any GPS chip or functionality, so it is not going to track your location or track your your route by itself. Sorry if this was obvious already but I don't know what your use case is. On Android 10/11 you can control the location use on a per-app basis. If your watch app uses the newest API and supports this function, you will see under the Haylou Fit app permissions>>location the following: (Allow all the time/Allow only when using the app/Ask every time/ Deny). If you don't see this option in your app settings then the app itself needs to be updated. It's not the phone that is the issue, but the app. See the screenshot attached. Android 10 has this same functionality, so I'm not sure why your GF's is working correctly and yours is not. You may try removing and re-installing? Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing under location permissions for this app. Cheers.

Attachments

agucasta

Dec 5, 2014
Thanks very much for your answer. Yes, I run with the cellphone to use the gps of it because the watch does not have gps. Sorry i'm not very familiar with API, but I understand now that it is a problem of the app itself and not of android. My screenshot doesn't show the "allow all the time" item, as i would like to.
Any way to force it? like patching the app o magisk or something I could do? I like this watch very much , its small and light, and would really like to be able to use it..
Thanks you for the answer.

Agustín.
Screenshot_20210113-144256.png

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks very much for your answer. Yes, I run with the cellphone to use the gps of it because the watch does not have gps. Sorry i'm not very familiar with API, but I understand now that it is a problem of the app itself and not of android. My screenshot doesn't show the "allow all the time" item, as i would like to.
Any way to force it? like patching the app o magisk or something I could do? I like this watch very much , its small and light, and would really like to be able to use it..
Thanks you for the answer. Agustín.
Not that I know of. I still would like to know why the app it works on your GF's phone (10) and not yours (11) because they both have the same location security options. Is the "always" option available on hers, or is it working on the "when app is running"? Running the same version? This may be related to the API used by the app and until the dev updates it, it will not work. Try contacting the dev? Contact info is available on the Google Play Store.