Android 11 for the Note 10 Lite

Search This thread

Koekemoerruan1998

May 24, 2020
Finally!

Just installed android 11 on my note 10 lite via odin. Not gonna wait around for Samsung to seed it to my country.

Must admit, with android 11 I hardly see the need for root, or even a custom rom for that matter.

I read the other day that the Note 10 lite is part of the range of phones that will be getting 3 years of updates.

The big question... What are your thoughts on the android 11 update if you've got it? And are you going to update to it?

Dr. Salah

Jul 13, 2014
Finally!

Just installed android 11 on my note 10 lite via odin. Not gonna wait around for Samsung to seed it to my country.

Must admit, with android 11 I hardly see the need for root, or even a custom rom for that matter.

I read the other day that the Note 10 lite is part of the range of phones that will be getting 3 years of updates.

The big question... What are your thoughts on the android 11 update if you've got it? And are you going to update to it?
Is it safe to install another country update, which country Android 11 did you install?

banzaip

Apr 12, 2007
Worse !!! I have battery drain since android 11 update ! (on 2 different note 10 lite !)

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
See something told me not to take the Android 11 update just yet. I was gonna wait till the March update, but now I don't know. If it'll only make this phone worse I'll just keep the Note 10 Lite on 10 forever and just worry about getting a Note 20 Ultra (or Note 21 if Samsung isn't done with the series).

harvey

Jan 21, 2006
Yeah, would be nice if some people with the last android 11 update could give some feedback. I'm also allways on 10. How works access to the external memory-card? Like with 10 or are there problems getting access with solid-explorer, galerie, firefox (downloads), Titanium BA (backups) and so on?
Seems most people using a N10lite are not interested in modding/rooting it. Also in german forum android-hilfe there is nearly zero traffic in the 10lite group.
When i think back to the times of my Note 1, 3, 4 - there were posts over posts.

Reactions: RodimusConvoy

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
Looks like now instead of updates coming out at the end of the month they're now coming out in the middle. The "Beta 4" of Android 12 is coming out in August, not sure what that means for regular users, but I suspect it won't be ready for the Note 10 Lite till maybe January, February.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Meh, I would stay on Pie.
If already on 10... enter holding pattern.

My 10+ is still running on Pie. Apps like Karma Firewall are fully functional on it. Supports trusted overlay apps... which I use. No CPU cycles robbing scoped storage (for what?!).
The current load is over a year old now, still fast and very stable. Security has not been an issue.
Very little in the way of maintenance. Good battery life; 7-11%@hr SOT

Reactions: RodimusConvoy

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You are welcome.
The 5th digit from the rear is bootloader version.
In the build number you want to go to the bootloader version can be lower, the same but not higher.
In this case it's a 2 for this N10+ running on Pie.
Screenshot_20211002-130441_Settings (1).jpg

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
Looks like now instead of updates coming out at the end of the month they're now coming out in the middle. The "Beta 4" of Android 12 is coming out in August, not sure what that means for regular users, but I suspect it won't be ready for the Note 10 Lite till maybe January, February.
Turns out I was right, Android 12 debuted in January for our device. It's on it's third update as of the time of this writing (March 4th).

So now I have to decide if I'll get the final Android 11 update, or the current Android 12 update. We have TWRP now, but I'm not sure if that'll help with firmware updates or not (I use to dirty flash firmware updates through TWRP when I had an S4 ages ago, not sure if that's possible here even with TWRP).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally!

Yeah, would be nice if some people with the last android 11 update could give some feedback. I'm also allways on 10. How works access to the external memory-card? Like with 10 or are there problems getting access with solid-explorer, galerie, firefox (downloads), Titanium BA (backups) and so on?
    Seems most people using a N10lite are not interested in modding/rooting it. Also in german forum android-hilfe there is nearly zero traffic in the 10lite group.
    When i think back to the times of my Note 1, 3, 4 - there were posts over posts.
    Meh, I would stay on Pie.
    If already on 10... enter holding pattern.

My 10+ is still running on Pie. Apps like Karma Firewall are fully functional on it. Supports trusted overlay apps... which I use. No CPU cycles robbing scoped storage (for what?!).
    The current load is over a year old now, still fast and very stable. Security has not been an issue.
    Very little in the way of maintenance. Good battery life; 7-11%@hr SOT
    Hello guys... would be posible to downgrade from 12 to 10? Thanks...
    Likely not because of the bootloader version.
    Likely not because of the bootloader version.
    Thanks you sir...