• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 11 issues

Search This thread

bobby_sucker

Dec 28, 2012
Centre of Europe
Google Pixel 4 XL
Is this just me noticing Android 11 still feels like beta?
I mean it sometimes lags, sometimes it feels like frame drop (I've got forced 90Hz, but sometimes it's like 30), sometimes choppy animation, especially going to home screen from an app and back.
And this s**t happens even after fastboot USB clean install.
I mean, Google, really?
Also, did they change the brightness stiffness slider? It feels like there are certain steps or levels and you cannot drag it easily, left or right, like it was in Android 10.

Last edited:

ricanxd

Nov 7, 2011
*Thanks all for contributing to this thread*

Ok so my continued issues are, bluetooth connection drops and UI acting funny during phone calls.

kappadappa

Apr 26, 2010
New York
When I restart the phone I get a new voicemail notification every time even though I don't have any. This has happened on the BETA too

When I have had that issue in the past it was because a call somehow slipped past Google Voice and ended up on my default carrier's voicemail (Verizon). The solution was to disable call forwarding to my Google Voice number (dial *73), then call into my carrier's voicemail system and delete the errant voicemail. Then re-enable call forwarding to my Google Voice number (dial *71 plus my Google Voice number).

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
OnePlus 9 Pro
Face unlock no longer works gives the option to enroll face but now on 11 the face cutout you have to fit your face in is tiny and although camera works it's not doing anything after a while of trying it says try use fast set up but again not doing anything [emoji47] ??

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is the top all wiped and clean? Calls going black sounds like the sensor thinks it's got a face next to it.

Well it was ok other day now just stop working also have screen protector on it that was on it when I got it not sure if it's proper one as it covers the camera lense but not the proximity sensor and it's clean plus facial recognition was working fine untill today but I did set that up when I was still on android 10 I deleted it and tried to set up again and it's changed from when I did it on 10 now it's a small circle you have to try fit face in and well it does nothing

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Yes, I also have UI problems.

Sometimes when I open apps, they don't open at all and I can only remedy this by either swiping up or pressing the power button.

Today I also had the first UI freeze and I needed to reboot to get it to work again (swiping down worked though, everything else didnt, I could even deactive wifi and activate it again, et cetera).

I have stock kernel and stock rom, just rooted and updated.

I have exactly the same issue. It happens from time to time.....

Apr 29, 2017
Anyone having issues with youtube and youtube music just pausing out of nowhere and then restarting? The UI freezing I've had, and also if a video starts playback (on any social media or player) device freezes up and have to close everything.

RashidAlawadi

Nov 13, 2013
Same issues here. Phone seems to lag a lot, battery drains like crazy now (maybe coz of fresh install and might stabilize later).

Also weird issues where Screen Recorder doesn't record Vanced videos, but when I go back to Youtube app audio works fine. I heard it is because of DRM but then how come it works fine on regular Youtube?

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
Anyone having issues with "clean black bar" when unlocking the phone? Not sure of this is an issue just with 11 but I can find a solution for it.
Same. Also, under Motion Sense, Idle Lock Screen set to always on, I'll look and it's off. Press power, and then Face Unlock won't work. Says clean black bar, that doesn't help. Reboot phone, everything working again. Can't figure it out.

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
When I turned on the "social media focal depth" function in advanced setting of stock camera app, switching to the front camera will crash the camera app...

Anyone has same issue?

Android 11 is more like alpha release then beta, let alone final release....

Last edited:

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
When I turned on the "social focal depth" function in stock camera app, switching to the front camera will crash the camera app...

Android 11 is more like alpha release then beta, let alone final release....
No such crash here.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Same. Also, under Motion Sense, Idle Lock Screen set to always on, I'll look and it's off. Press power, and then Face Unlock won't work. Says clean black bar, that doesn't help. Reboot phone, everything working again. Can't figure it out.

Unable to replicate that here.