Android 11/One UI 3.0 Beta (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Something tells me for those of us waiting, it's not going to happen until a final build is released now. I just chatted with a Samsung agent and they told me this...

Bit of advice. Stop asking first line phone support questions like this. They have zero idea what's going on. They will never say I dunno.

Yall really need to chill with all the speculation. It will happen.

raze5115

Oct 12, 2011
Mesa
It looks like it's just for the T-mobile, Sprint, and unlocked variants. People with the the att and Verizon variants are out of luck which totally sucks.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
SM-N986UZKAXAA

Random question, I bought it unlocked carrier free even says unlocked on the box, is this the unlocked version eligible for the beta?

Im only gonna speak historically since no one knows until it happens. In the past eligible models were unlocked, carrier branded sprint, att, and t-mobile.

namfat

Feb 10, 2007
VietNam
tpb.vn
Anyone got the update.zip for N986N version kindly please share. Many thanks,
I got the notice to register Beta programme, but unluckily, when I got the Korea sim card and enroll, then it full to register.

BigZ1990420

Nov 28, 2016
Ok suggestion, please verify if it is unlocked. Unlocked variants are N986U1 yours is U. U variants are definitely not going to get it.

The box says unlocked by samsung, under model it says sm-n986uznaxxaa

And at the very bottom of the barcode square on the box next to made in Vietnam it says sm-N986U1
SO I'm assuming yes it's unlocked correct?

BigZ1990420

Nov 28, 2016
The box says unlocked by samsung, under model it says sm-n986uznaxxaa

And at the very bottom of the barcode square on the box next to made in Vietnam it says sm-N986U1
SO I'm assuming yes it's unlocked correct?

Pic for reference.

Attachments

• 20201026_001121.jpg
    20201026_001121.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 379

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
What I don't understand is out of all the US carriers why go for the worst one?

That's kind of subjective

I pay 50 bucks no taxes on one line with unlimited* (55gb before they consider depriotization). I can upgrade my phone as I wish without touching my plan. Unlimited international texting, unlimited international 3g/2g (enough to call via whatsapp)

If you don't want unlimited. Every streaming service is excluded from pulling from your data allotment.

Yeah fly over states aren't great but frankly their network growth has been amazing. I shop around every few months. I have yet to find something better than t-mobile for me.

unitz0mbie

Apr 6, 2015
Miami
LOL! T-Mobile is, by leaps and bounds, better than any other carrier in the United States. And they'll handily be leading with the largest subscriber base within a few years.

Having att and t mobile for extended period time, I can tell you that no t mobile is not better. Att has had better coverage than t mobile and I even get higher data speeds during congested areas. T mobile used to buffer youtube a lot unless you lower the quality. Att lowest I've ever had to was 720p.
And I'm paying 47 for att, I used to pay 50 for t-mobile. Paying less and better service, win win situation.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Having att and t mobile for extended period time, I can tell you that no t mobile is not better. Att has had better coverage than t mobile and I even get higher data speeds during congested areas. T mobile used to buffer youtube a lot unless you lower the quality. Att lowest I've ever had to was 720p.
And I'm paying 47 for att, I used to pay 50 for t-mobile. Paying less and better service, win win situation.

Just for clarity. Tmobile throttles video to 480 when using binge on. This means it doesn't subtract from your data allotment. Functionality that pointless to use if you are on unlimited.

Not that all this matters two squirts of lemonade in a thread about the one ui 3 beta.