Android 11- OneUI 3.0 (Beta 1,2 & 3) - Manual Update/SideLoad (N986U & N986U1) - [Guide]

Search This thread

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Gotcha alright well good for fast rollouts. Will be looking for more updates in the future to resolve. I forgot the bugs I have reported so I was unable to check. And I must say. I hate hate the new XDA website and app. Tapatalk was so much better and even the old website.
To be honest i dont even use the app. I have found a good middle path which is I use PWA. Like go to Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G forum page on Chrome on your phone and then click on three dots and choose Add to Homescreen. You can also do it on Samsung Internet. You can also bookmark the forum page and just open it in the browser. Works really well for me.

Reactions: Michael in ATL

Oluwapizzy10

Nov 4, 2020
Step 1. If you are on Unlocked variant (U1) Download this ROM file from here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145693546
Step 2. And use the instructions in this thread to flash via Odin.
Use the Part 1 section of thread and follow step 2 onwards carefully.

Thanks for the post, I was able to successfully flash the stable rom via Odin with no issues. Also, no data was lost in the process.

Thanks once again for always coming to update the thread

MadamBuddah

Mar 1, 2021
Is there a way to get the rounded pin pad lock screen?, on samsung android 10?, i dont want 11 but would ike that feature. Play store IOS pin pads are crap full of adds. I did try install AOD from APK Mirror but crashed the lastest one. I thought that may give me the rounded number pad or maybe a way to port it for android 10 thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So if someone with an AT&T update could possibly grab the file and upload it then folks could by all means just side load it
    Yes and no. There are Caveats. First it depends on the format the update is found if you download using FOTA link it would be a zip that should be sideloaded via ADB or an SD card update from recovery needs to be done for that the problem is Like if there is a source build number in the update you would need to flash that build in Odin first which is a challenge coz ATT does not publish its firmwares so for the same reason we can't download the stable ATT version using Frija. If an Odin flash able version of Stable Android 11 is found anyone can flash that without changing the build numbers as required with FOTA updates.
    Luckily I'm T-Mobile. I'm a little agitated that Samsung didn't push the unlocked version first. You would think they would have.
    Awesome then download using Frija and use Home_CSC when choosing files to flash in Odin and you should be Golden, just that your device will be back to TMB stock like bootscreen,.. splash screen and bloatware from the carrier.
    Yeah one would think they should have pushed for unlocked variants given the fact that Betas were for unlocked devices. I guess we unlocked ones are Guinea Pigs for them to use us for testing and give a finished product to carriers first. Smh
    ********** ANNOUNCEMENT - Beta Enrollment without Banner (OPEN NOW - Nov 16,17) - Read More Here

INTRODUCTION - Hello all. Now Samsung wants us to go to Members app and keep looking for banner to sign up for Android 11, One UI 3 Beta . It went live October 27th, 10:20 PM EST, As fate would have it, i went to sleep early, i missed it and the banner refused to show up for me in the morning. Download was only showing up for people with unlocked variants on ATID firmware.

DISCLAIMER / NOTICE - Flashing is always risky. I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device including but not limited to it turning against you, making you its slave and sucking you into the Matrix.
    This post is a collection of wisdom, research and hard work of many people over many years across many forums and not just XDA. I will try to credit and link to their original posts.

TIP -Keep in Notice -This SHALL NOT Factory Reset Your Device or Format Data, it is still a good idea to Take Back Up - Just a Suggestion - Always have a latest Back Up
    ******** UPDATE - It seems ATT devices are getting wiped now if its CSC or the Sim remains to be tested.
    i don't have ATT hence cant verify but in case you have an Unlocked device (N986U1) with ATT sim, then, removing sim and Changing the CSC to XAA/XAA/XAA before sideloading Beta is advisable.

PROBLEM STATEMENT - Missed the One UI 3.0, Android 11, Beta Sign up Banner in Members app or got the banner but didn't get the download and I really want it NOW. :p
    Not sure if you want it now? - Find the BETA CHANGELOG HERE

GRAB YOURSELF A COFFEE / DRINK, because depending on where you at and how fast you/your internet speeds/your Machine is this may take anywhere between 7 to 45 Mins
    SOLUTION -
    1. Pre-Requisites - Make sure Following Conditions are met before you start
    • You need a PC/Laptop along with your phone and USB Cable.
    • You need ADB installed, you can use ADB on Linux too - NOTE If your ADB Tools are not working, download my ADB Folder called platform-tools. Then extract it somewhere easy to remember/ find, like desktop
    • Remember the Location of the folder where you have ADB installed / Location of platform-tools- This is the location containing adb.exe file.
    • You may or may not need ADB/USB Drivers if any errors in ADB please Download Drivers from here and Install on your PC.

This following one step is relevant Only for flashing Beta 1
    • Use Odin to Flash Unlocked (SM-N986U1) ATID Firmware if you are not on that. Refer this thread to get your Firmware.
      For changing Firmware from N986U to N986U1 and / or GUIDE TO FLASHING USING ODIN Refer This thread
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    2. Now Download the relevant Beta File that you intend to flash - note that to Sideload Beta 2 you need to be on Beta 1 first. Mandotory Sequence = Beta 1>>Beta 2>>Beta 3 There is no skipping versions possible here.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*************** Apply Update from SD card failed for me (Feel free to try that ) but here we will be using ADB Sideload Feature in Stock Recovery*************

HOW TO - Using ADB Sideload - Windows -The Process is Similar for Linux too
    1. Copy the downloaded zip file to the ADB Folder (From Pre-Requisite step). ADB Folder is the folder containing ADB.exe it might be named differently for you (The one i have posted is called platform-tools)
    2. Open Command Prompt Window as Admin.
    3. Type in
    Code:
    cd Copy-paste the location of your ADB folder here
    4. Connect the phone to the PC using USB Cable and Unlock it. Go to Developer Options and Switch on USB Debugging.
    To turn on developer options go to Settings>>About Phone>>Software Information>> Then tap the build number 7 times - Developer options will appear at the bottom of Settings Menu

5. On your PC Type in Command Prompt
    Code:
    adb devices
    6. Give Permission that appears on your phone and PC - I check the box Always Allow, you should do the same.
    7. Now type the following and the phone will reboot to recovery.
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    8. Once you see recovery on your phone Use Volume Keys to scroll down to Apply Update from ADB and press Power Button.
    9. Now on your PC, Type the following in Command Prompt; this is just to be sure, it should show the device name with Sideload next to it.
    Code:
    adb devices
    10. Type
    Code:
    adb sideload Beta1.zip
    For Beta 2 use adb sideload beta2.zip Similarly For Beta 3 use adb sideload beta3.zip. Use whatever you have named the zip file. Most people use update.zip. The commands here are for the attached files in this post and their naming convention.
    11. Wait for it to finish and Done
    2nd (Second) BETA Is Out- How To Do this if you are not able to Enroll for Beta and or don't see update to download even after Enrolling
    • Second Beta should be flashed After Beta 1. Second Beta (ZTK1) can not be flashed unless you have Beta 1 (ZTJG).
    • To flash follow the same instructions as above only this time the prerequisite is you have to be on the 1st Beta. Download the 2nd Beta (ZTK1) Zip File to flash Here Thanks to @hayabusa1300cc for the FOTA Link.

3rd (Third) BETA Is Out- Nov 16, 2020 Do this if you are not able to Enroll for Beta and or don't see update to download even after Enrolling
    • Third Beta should be flashed After Beta 1>>Beta 2. Third Beta (ZTK9) can not be flashed unless you have Second Beta (ZTK1). Second Beta (ZTK1) can not be flashed unless you have Beta 1 (ZTJG).
    • To flash follow the same instructions as above only this time the prerequisite is you have to be on the 2nd Beta. Download the 3rd Beta (ZTK9) Zip File to flash Here
    OPTIONAL THINGS TO DO POST UPDATE
    • If you want to enable RCS (In the Native SMS app) and Native Video calling (This feature is on Tmobile) have a look at this thread.
    • Check out this Guide Service Mode and CSC Guide/Enable LTE/5G Bands and Services/5G Low Band on U1 by @mellojosh

TROUBLESHOOTING
    Some people might run into "cant read update.zip" error for that we need to make ADB Large address aware. Follow the Steps Here I use the Advanced mode as it shows the true false flags. - This wont happen if you use the ADB Tools provided by me above under the Pre-requisites section.

************** FOR FUTURE BETA OTA Questions / Bugs - Observations and some more info - Go Here ********Please dont ask questions without reading.

QUESTIONS, HELP & SUPPORT ?? - See if I am Online here on this Live Chat

If it helped HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON, what are you waiting for ? Cheers !!
    the adb link no longer works for pre; can someone upload it again?
    Updated the link in the first post. The XDA site migration to XenForo messed something up there. Here is the LINK
    Gotcha alright well good for fast rollouts. Will be looking for more updates in the future to resolve. I forgot the bugs I have reported so I was unable to check. And I must say. I hate hate the new XDA website and app. Tapatalk was so much better and even the old website.
    To be honest i dont even use the app. I have found a good middle path which is I use PWA. Like go to Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G forum page on Chrome on your phone and then click on three dots and choose Add to Homescreen. You can also do it on Samsung Internet. You can also bookmark the forum page and just open it in the browser. Works really well for me.