Android 11/OneUI 3.0 (EXYNOS) - Beta Thread (4th update!!)

Search This thread

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
ANDROID 11/ONEUI 3.0 - EXYNOS - Beta thread

Samsung is currently testing and rolling out the OneUI 3.0 / Android 11 update.
This thread will be for sharing the Update.zip files (.bin files) and for help and tips.

This thread is for the OneUI 3.0 Beta for Exynos (International) only.

I am hoping to host each update here so please upload and send links and we can make this a lil community thing :)

Rooting instructions will be provided with a stock rooted rom (if i am able to) - we will see how this goes as people that want to do this, must know what they are doing. I will not be providing in depth support for this in this thread as the overall subject should be about the beta itself (call this a bonus for rooted users lol)

UPDATE: ("ROOTERS" PLEASE READ THIS POST CAREFULLY FOR RULES, INSTRUCTIONS AND MY STOCK ROOTED ONEUI 3 ROM - I have taken the decision to separate the stock beta from the "rooted beta world" so please read carefully

Download Links

N980F

DBT (GERMANY) - ATJ1 - ZTJF - N980F

N980F DBT update

INS (INDIA) - ZTJF - ZTJQ - N980F
N980F INS update 2

N986B

DBT (GERMANY) - ATJ1 - ZTJF - N986B

N986B DBT update

INS (INDIA) - ZTJF - ZTJQ - N986B
N986B INS update 2

DBT (GERMANY) - ZTJQ - ZTK7 - N986B
N986B DBT update 3

INS (INDIA) - ZTK7 - ZTKK - N986B
N986B INS Update 4

Install instructions:

You tube instructions

ADB-method:
1. Download SDK platform tools from here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
2. Extract them on your desktop.
3. Inside the extracted folder put the update.zip
4. Inside this folder, holding left shift, right click the mouse and select "open command prompt here". The command prompt will open.
5. Shutdown the phone.
6. Holding power+volume up buttons, enter into recovery mode.
7. Select "update via ADB". (you scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
8. Connect the phone to the PC using original samsung USB cable.
9. In the command prompt run the following command:
./adb devices
10. Wait to see that the daemon has started and that your device is found.
11. If you device is found, run the following command:
./adb sideload update.zip

The update process will start. You will see a percentage counting. First it will verify, then patch etc. Do not move the cable, disconnect the phone or power off the PC.
Once the process is completed (it takes some time) the phone will boot itself, update the apps and log into your home screen.

SD-card method:
1. Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options in win10 you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
2. Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard.
3. Shut down your phone.
4. Hold simultaneously Power+volume up buttons to get into stock recovery.
5. Using your volume keys navigate to "update via SdCard" and press power button to select it.
6. Again using volume keys navigate to the file "update.zip" and press power button to select it.
7. Update will start. Leave it till it completes. It will take some time.
8. Phone will reboot by itself and load android.

Note: for now after installing the beta update it isn't possible to reboot in to recovery via the VolUP+power button.
You will have to use ADB for that: "./adb reboot recovery"

Installing via this way shouldn't trigger KNOX warranty void.
However: updating to Beta is your own choice, no one is responsible if anything goes wrong

How to capture
HTTP Canary app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guoshi.httpcanary
1. Load canary
2. Start the update download but don't pause it.
3. Go back to canary and start that and it will grab the link.

Goodlock - What's working, what's borked for now

Thanks to @henklbr for the speedy uploads and for his assistance @Kapitein187 @*Detection* for the info and thread structure

Last edited:

znel52

Yeah I'm signing up if I can get in. It looks like Oct 24th was the date last year for the Note 10 and One UI 2.0 beta. They are on pretty much the same schedule as last year it seems so if history means anything hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks we should see/hear something.

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
I'm already waiting for the beta. But I think that I (SM-N986B / DS Provider DTM German T-Mobile) will not get any notification because I live in the bottle region (Germany)
Can someone tell me by chance whether version 3.7.00.8 is the latest version from Samsung Members?
Yes that should be the latest version

View attachment 5115943

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

hayabusa1300cc

Jun 8, 2007
HOUSTON TEXAS
www.facebook.com
I'm already waiting for the beta. But I think that I (SM-N986B / DS Provider DTM German T-Mobile) will not get any notification because I live in the bottle region (Germany)
Can someone tell me by chance whether version 3.7.00.8 is the latest version from Samsung Members?
Yes that should be the latest version

View attachment 5115943

Here is the latest. 3.8.00.13 Screenshot_20201015-080104_Settings.jpg

Oct 13, 2020
Mod edit: will someone then create a zip? so that you can still play the beta on it and take part in it because the beta is supposedly currently completely full on the note 20 ultra5g

wird dann jemand eine zip anlegen? damit man dennoch die beta draufspielen kann und dran teilnehmen kann weil aktuell ist angeblich die beta komplett voll beim note 20 ultra5g

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 13, 2020
Mod edit: I know that it has only been confirmed so far, however, the beta places are all full according to the link where you can register and since I want to test the beta, I need someone who creates the zip file for me

ich weiß das es bisher nur bestätigt wurde allerdings sind die beta plätze alle voll laut dem link wo man sich registrieren kann und da ich die beta testen möchte brauch ich halt wen der mir da die zip datei erstellt

a2kay

Oct 8, 2014
Mod edit: How should the seats be full if you can still register in DE with garnish? When in Korea they are full

Wie sollen denn die Plätze voll sein, wenn man sich noch garniert in DE registrieren kann? Wenn dann sind sie in Korea voll