Android 11/OneUI 3.0 (EXYNOS) - Beta Thread (4th update!!)

Calvofernan

Feb 21, 2017
Madrid
beta 4 es maravillosa, nada falla, 5g perfecto, super suave, la mejor rom que han lanzado sin duda alguna.

Translation:
beta 4 is wonderful, nothing fails, perfect 5g, super smooth, the best rom they have released without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Wish I'd known that before hand. Would have been good if opening guide said it
None of the betas - including the previews on Pixels and other manufacturers' devices - are Play Services certified, and because of this, most apps that require SafetyNet will NOT work. This has been common knowledge for years.

The opening guide's role is not to advise you on what you can and can't do on the beta, but to provide information on how to get the beta on your device if you didn't manage to get in the official beta group. Betas are NEVER meant to be used in production (i.e. by the average user), they're released so that Samsung can gather feedback about things that don't work. This is true not just for OS updates but ANY SOFTWARE THAT HAS BETA RELEASES. Betas are called betas specifically because they're not production ready.

On another note, installed beta4, and apparently all the 5G issues are gone. The animation choppiness in certain areas (especially where the new blur is applied, e.g. notification shade, recents screen) is also gone. Overall I can't see any issues apart from the known limitations (the aforementioned certification state). I doubt we will see many changes apart from a security patch update until the final release.

EDIT: One interesting thing - the volume panel has reverted to the previous design with the thin bar, instead of the Android 11 design.

Screenshot_20201203-181315_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20201203-181347_Chrome.png

EDIT2: Never mind, looks like it's just Sound Assistant kicking in.

Last edited:

Scorpionadi

Nov 28, 2010
Another problem that I encountered in beta 3 and that I also have in beta 4 is the sound when receiving a call, nothing is heard. Sometimes when I restart the phone I sweat, but other times I don't.
I didn't have this issue in beta 1