Android 11 or 12 for Google pixel XL?

Search This thread

onyx550

Apr 3, 2007
Is there a rom or software to put on the Google pixel XL to get it to Android 11 or 12?

SteQu

Oct 31, 2013
Poznań
Google Pixel XL
This is probably not the place to ask questions, but I will answer.

Android 11:

Android 12:

Android 12 on Pixel XL works, but it has quite a serious bug, mentioned below.

kröte

Jun 10, 2021
Is there a rom or software to put on the Google pixel XL to get it to Android 11 or 12?
Apparently at the moment a good option would be tO INSTALL lineage OS 18.1. And install the monthly security updates Which you can find in the corresponding thread. The phone works just fine.

Last edited:

whathaveibecome

Jul 16, 2022
The general consensus was that Android 12 would not work without big issues on the Nexus 6 either but someone tried and got it working. There now exists (Android 12) for the Nexus 6 which is a lot older then the Pixel XL. They even got VoLTE working. It works great as a NAV device for my Motorcycle.

Would hope that someone would take a second look at 12 for the Pixel XL and not just write it off because someone else said so.

nitink1234

Aug 19, 2018
Dear All,

I just brought this phone Google Pixel Xl 128gb second hand for using Google Photos storage. I want to know if there is any upcoming Android 12 or 13 rom.Also if i use any Android 11 rom will it still get the Google photos unlimited storage if i update to another rom

Joran01

Jan 21, 2017
Dear All,

I just brought this phone Google Pixel Xl 128gb second hand for using Google Photos storage. I want to know if there is any upcoming Android 12 or 13 rom.Also if i use any Android 11 rom will it still get the Google photos unlimited storage if i update to another rom
Yes, you still get unlimited storage in Google Photos if you use a (reputable) custom ROM. I use LineageOS 18.1 on my Pixel (non-XL) just for backing up my photos and videos. It still has unlimited original quality Google Photos backup.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yes, you still get unlimited storage in Google Photos if you use a (reputable) custom ROM. I use LineageOS 18.1 on my Pixel (non-XL) just for backing up my photos and videos. It still has unlimited original quality Google Photos backup.
I would backup all critical data redundantly to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC.
I also use 2 .5gb OTG flashsticks for "dirty" backups for my data drive, an SD card(s). My backup is 5 or 6+ layers deep, time staggered and none is cloud.

Lol, I've lost a Google account; it can happen and if it does kiss that data goodbye... FRP is bad enough, but losing critical data is not an option!

iTakMD

Mar 27, 2018
I would backup all critical data redundantly to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC.
I also use 2 .5gb OTG flashsticks for "dirty" backups for my data drive, an SD card(s). My backup is 5 or 6+ layers deep, time staggered and none is cloud.

Lol, I've lost a Google account; it can happen and if it does kiss that data goodbye... FRP is bad enough, but losing critical data is not an option!
Curious how you lost your Google account. Did they ban you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There already exists a port for the HTC Ten, so it's possible.
    Dear All,