Android 11 reboots and freezes

Search This thread

txutxe2

Jan 14, 2018
Hi everyone.

Is anyone using Android 11 with Willow experiencing regular reboots or freezes?

I was using Resurrection Remix, Android 10. No freezes, the odd reboot once a week or so. Everything else seemed fine.

One day I decided to move to Android 11 and problems started. I've tried a few roms, both official and unofficial: ArrowOS, RevengeOS, Pixel Experience, Project 404 and I'm sure I'm missing a couple more.

I've tried TWRP and OrangeFox.

I've also tried flashing latest firmware, and also going back to previous versions.

What I haven't tired is going back to MIUI or Android 10. It takes a lot of time to set everything up and I thought I'd first ask if it was me (maybe broken phone or me having sausage fingers) or if it's a general thing that Android 11 is not stable for Willow yet. I'm talking about 3/4 reboots or freezes everyday and it's quite annoying. On top of reboots, it takes for ever to reboot.

Happy to try any particular combination of rom and firmware you've found to be stable.

Thanks.

loopypalm

• Jul 8, 2016
    Osaka
    Hi everyone.

I was using Resurrection Remix, Android 10. No freezes, the odd reboot once a week or so. Everything else seemed fine.

One day I decided to move to Android 11 and problems started. I've tried a few roms, both official and unofficial: ArrowOS, RevengeOS, Pixel Experience, Project 404 and I'm sure I'm missing a couple more.

I've also tried flashing latest firmware, and also going back to previous versions.

What I haven't tired is going back to MIUI or Android 10. It takes a lot of time to set everything up and I thought I'd first ask if it was me (maybe broken phone or me having sausage fingers) or if it's a general thing that Android 11 is not stable for Willow yet. I'm talking about 3/4 reboots or freezes everyday and it's quite annoying. On top of reboots, it takes for ever to reboot.

Happy to try any particular combination of rom and firmware you've found to be stable.

Thanks.
    random reboots and freeze are more likely kernel related
    try sixteen (after a clean flash) and see how it goes ...

otherwise, i suggest using A10 rros milestone by Zhan (+ sixteen of course)

Reactions: dxD7

txutxe2

Jan 14, 2018
    so, in case it helps anyone, here's my experience.

I tried several combinations of firmwares, kernels and Android 11 roms. They were all bad, unstable. Some of them would not even boot and some would boot and give me problems since the very beginning.

so, maybe it's me, but i gave up and went back to Android 10, with the following combination:

ROM: RROS-Q-8.6.7-20210308
    Firm: fw_willow_miui_WILLOWEEAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QCXEUXM_07285b429f_10.0
    Kernel: SixTeen•Kernel•Q•Ginkgo•Willow•01012021•1

It's worked rock solid for 1 week. no reboots, no freezes, absolutely nothing.

I don't remember the last time I had my phone running for 1 week and I'm sure it's going to stay on for a while longer.

loopypalm

• Jul 8, 2016
    Osaka
    so, in case it helps anyone, here's my experience.

I tried several combinations of firmwares, kernels and Android 11 roms. They were all bad, unstable. Some of them would not even boot and some would boot and give me problems since the very beginning.

so, maybe it's me, but i gave up and went back to Android 10, with the following combination:

ROM: RROS-Q-8.6.7-20210308
    Firm: fw_willow_miui_WILLOWEEAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QCXEUXM_07285b429f_10.0
    Kernel: SixTeen•Kernel•Q•Ginkgo•Willow•01012021•1

It's worked rock solid for 1 week. no reboots, no freezes, absolutely nothing.

I don't remember the last time I had my phone running for 1 week and I'm sure it's going to stay on for a while longer.
    told you !
    note : the kernel ver is older than the rom
    it will work, but for more stability use this

(not the latest)

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
    Samsung Galaxy A6
    Redmi Note 8
    told you !
    note : the kernel ver is older than the rom
    it will work, but for more stability use this

(not the latest)
    Had the same experience with CrDroid 7.x. Now switched to DarkJoker's LOS18.1. It is solid like a rock and no (absolutely no) freezes or reboots. Try it if you want...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi everyone.

Thanks.
      random reboots and freeze are more likely kernel related
      try sixteen (after a clean flash) and see how it goes ...

otherwise, i suggest using A10 rros milestone by Zhan (+ sixteen of course)
      Had the same experience with CrDroid 7.x. Now switched to DarkJoker's LOS18.1. It is solid like a rock and no (absolutely no) freezes or reboots. Try it if you want...
      Thx, but I'm not switching to any A11 rom anytime soon
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone