Apr 22, 2021
Cologne
My model number is: SM-A715F / DS
Android 11
One UI version: 3.1
Android security patch level: February 1, 2021

Greetings from Cologne
Norbert

PS: I noticed something while installing from the SD card, I still have to try something ...

Nobby52

Apr 22, 2021
Cologne
First I have a question: If I make a backup with TWRP beforehand, I can just back up everything but not "Super". What do I have to back up so that I can restore everything to 100%.

I inserted the SD card from my old Samsung into the A71. It works perfectly with all data, but the zip funktion is not ok and something is wrong with flashing. I have checked the card several times on the PC with test programs, everything OK, but I have ordered a new better one. I think that is where the fault is to be found. I'll be in touch when I have the new card and a result.

Greeting
Norbert

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
First I have a question: If I make a backup with TWRP beforehand, I can just back up everything but not "Super". What do I have to back up so that I can restore everything to 100%.

I inserted the SD card from my old Samsung into the A71. It works perfectly with all data, but the zip funktion is not ok and something is wrong with flashing. I have checked the card several times on the PC with test programs, everything OK, but I have ordered a new better one. I think that is where the fault is to be found. I'll be in touch when I have the new card and a result.

Greeting
Norbert
Try to redownload the ROM too, maybe the Zip file is corrupted.
About backup, well basicly Super partition (system partitions) and the Data partition. But i would backup EVERYTHING except cache

Nobby52

Apr 22, 2021
Cologne
So, I inserted the new 64GB SD card. The first thing that strikes me, is that the device no longer demands formarting.
The zip file saved = works, flashed = works immediately the first time. Then Magisk-v22-1 (.zip) = does not work. Everything new again and flashed with Magisk-v22-0 (zip + apk) = works perfectly. Then the rest and then ....... ROOT RIGHTS !!! But you mustn't update to Magisk-v22-1 (.zip), then root is gone.
The original Samsung SD card from the Note4 still works in the Note4. But when I put it in the desktop PC, the error message "Zip archive incomplete" appears and the message "format SD card" appears in the A715F.
So ... I'm throwing these away.

I have created a detailed .pdf manual, but in "German". If after a few days everything still works and it's of interest, I can post them here.

Many, many thanks for all your support and I hope everything else works too.

Greetings from Cologne, Germany
Norbert

Reactions: Pupet_Master

ronaldomort

May 25, 2020
Toronto, CA
Moto G8 Plus
So, I inserted the new 64GB SD card. The first thing that strikes me, is that the device no longer demands formarting.
The zip file saved = works, flashed = works immediately the first time. Then Magisk-v22-1 (.zip) = does not work. Everything new again and flashed with Magisk-v22-0 (zip + apk) = works perfectly. Then the rest and then ....... ROOT RIGHTS !!! But you mustn't update to Magisk-v22-1 (.zip), then root is gone.
The original Samsung SD card from the Note4 still works in the Note4. But when I put it in the desktop PC, the error message "Zip archive incomplete" appears and the message "format SD card" appears in the A715F.
So ... I'm throwing these away.

I have created a detailed .pdf manual, but in "German". If after a few days everything still works and it's of interest, I can post them here.

Many, many thanks for all your support and I hope everything else works too.

Greetings from Cologne, Germany
Norbert
bro magisk v22.1 works on my device alongside twrp and i use 512gb sd memory

DanDuarteM

Nov 18, 2018
I don't know what to do after step 5, reboot the phone and check that OEM unlock is activated?
I don't understand

crash#galaxy

May 2, 2021
Deutschland
Samsung Galaxy A71
In download mode you have to confirm the unlocking of the bootloader by long pressing the volume up button after you have activated the setting in the developer options. Then when you restart your phone, this setting should be gray and you can no longer change or tap it. Then the bootloader is unlocked

DanDuarteM

Nov 18, 2018
In download mode you have to confirm the unlocking of the bootloader by long pressing the volume up button after you have activated the setting in the developer options. Then when you restart your phone, this setting should be gray and you can no longer change or tap it. Then the bootloader is unlocked
After confirming with volume up , I restart the phone and confirm that the OEM unlock cannot be changed and then I go to ODIN?

Last edited:

sidrins1

May 23, 2021
After install twrp by ODIN, and format data, i don't have anymore my internal storage then can't install multidisabler, guess should install by sd card correct? But, when i format data, i lose my TWRP, i can't open again TWRP after format data and reboot.

I'm stuck with my TWRP installed without format DATA, let alone with multidisabler installed, and everytime i try to install anything on TWRP i only see encrypted folders.

HELPPP WHAT DID I GO WRONG PLEASE ANSWER ME

ronaldomort

May 25, 2020
Toronto, CA
Moto G8 Plus
After install twrp by ODIN, and format data, i don't have anymore my internal storage then can't install multidisabler, guess should install by sd card correct? But, when i format data, i lose my TWRP, i can't open again TWRP after format data and reboot.

I'm stuck with my TWRP installed without format DATA, let alone with multidisabler installed, and everytime i try to install anything on TWRP i only see encrypted folders.

HELPPP WHAT DID I GO WRONG PLEASE ANSWER ME
Use my twrp backup

jackal004

Jun 27, 2021
When I flash and boot into TWRP, my internal storage appears to be encrypted (folders have random strings of characters as names) and I can't find and flash the multidisabler. After formatting data and rebooting I'm taken to the first-time android setup and if I reboot back into recovery mode TWRP has reverted back to the stock recovery. I've installed and reinstalled it like 10 times now and no dice. I assume multidisabler is what's supposed to stop it from reverting? Can anyone help me with this?

viktor92

Mar 27, 2013
When I flash and boot into TWRP, my internal storage appears to be encrypted (folders have random strings of characters as names) and I can't find and flash the multidisabler. After formatting data and rebooting I'm taken to the first-time android setup and if I reboot back into recovery mode TWRP has reverted back to the stock recovery. I've installed and reinstalled it like 10 times now and no dice. I assume multidisabler is what's supposed to stop it from reverting? Can anyone help me with this?
Yes, after formating you should flash multidisabler.

Angel0uss

Jul 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
i did it 10x times and always the data got crypted back after
and i never was able to boot system i get bootloop
after hourws and hours of researches i found out this topic and noticed the only missing thing is that my oem unloking isnt grayed out so can you help pls with that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Disclaimer:
    - I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A71 TWRP. I will try my best to keep it up to date with Ian's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest TWRP and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
    - I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    - Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    - Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    - Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
    First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
    1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
    2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
    3. - Reboot to download mode
    4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
    5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
    6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
    7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash TWRP and magisk
    8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
    9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing TWRP (tar) with Odin:
    1. - Boot to download mode and load TWRP tar file and VBMeta disabler tar file in AP and BL of Odin, doesn't matter which goes where
    2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
    3. - Flash
    4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL+, VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
    5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to TWRP
    6. - After booting to TWRP successfully, go to WIPE in TWRP
    7. - At the bottom, you should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
    8. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
    9. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
    10. - Reboot to system
    11. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash TWRP (img):
    1. - Reboot to recovery
    2. - Select Install
    3. - Select Install Image and search for the TWRP img file
    4. - Flash as recovery
    5. - Reboot to recovery
    6. - Done

Downloads:
    twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.img
    twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.tar
    Multidisabler zip by Ianmacd
    VBMeta disabler

Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_a71
    Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/a71

Change log:
    17/03/21:
    Release for Android 11 BL

Credits:
    - Samsung for kernel source code
    - TeamWin for their awesome recovery
    - @ianmacd for compiling, updating, and maintaining for A71 :)
    Sorry for the delay, this TWRP should work perfectly with Android 11 BL
    Very strange. Hopefully your issue is fixed, I'll try and see what could be wrong. Thanks for the input.
    I took a shot of log.
    20210318_140626-1.jpg