[Android 11][Recovery][A715F]TWRP 3.5.1 [ianmacd]

Search This thread

Zylon77777

Apr 30, 2021
God. Android 12 Beta 3 GSI actually softbricked my device with the OS bootlooping and after force restart it booted to twrp but TWRP is just flashing, as if twrp failed to boot. Restored my phone using odin now, am fine

Zylon77777

Apr 30, 2021
I have this version of TWRP installed. Fix this twrp bug with android 12 beta gsi! The rom wont even boot and it ended up softbricking!

Sloobot

May 9, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Could someone tell me what im doing wrong? constant boots back to recovery. tried flashing the multidisabler and i seen it fails at mounting system. any ideas
After installing twrp you will need to go to wipe and click format data and type yes (keep in mind this will delete all the files on your phone) after you formated the data reboot ti the system and now it shouldn't bootloop to twrp and now you can install multidisabler

Reactions: oxling27

darkySp

Jul 27, 2021
I'm trying to root my SM-A715F right now.
I've been at it all day and i'm starting to get really pissed, because i can't make it work.
I followed the instructions precisely.
>Bootloader is unlocked, OEM Unlock is greyed out.
>I got Odin, flashed TWRP and Vbmeta.
>Immediately press VOL+ and POWER after exiting Download Mode
>I get into TWRP
>I go to WIPE, FORMAT DATA, i write "yes" and all goes well.

Here comes the problem.
Next instruction is "After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops"
Problem is, formatting data deletes EVERYTHING. Magisk and multidisabler combined.
If i try to flash the zips before i format the data, all my folders are a jumbled up mess of numbers and letters. sdcard/data doesn't show anything.
So i have to go back into Android, copy Magisk and multidisabler's zip files into Downloads and go back to TWRP to flash them.
But when i get into recovery mode, the stock Samsung recovery overwrites TWRP.
If i download TWRP again, i have to wipe data so it boots into the OS after that.

So i tried to get Magisk and multidisabler downloaded through USB OTG from "mount". Except that doesn't work either, the checkbox for "USB OTG" in "Select Storage" doesn't register.

What's going wrong ? I've been at it all ****ing day and i'm just about to give up.
All i need to do, is flash those 2 zips and everything's gonna be fine. But i can't do it before or after formatting data from TWRP, because TWRP gets overwritten after i format the data.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I'm trying to root my SM-A715F right now.
I've been at it all day and i'm starting to get really pissed, because i can't make it work.
I followed the instructions precisely.
>Bootloader is unlocked, OEM Unlock is greyed out.
>I got Odin, flashed TWRP and Vbmeta.
>Immediately press VOL+ and POWER after exiting Download Mode
>I get into TWRP
>I go to WIPE, FORMAT DATA, i write "yes" and all goes well.

Here comes the problem.
Next instruction is "After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops"
Problem is, formatting data deletes EVERYTHING. Magisk and multidisabler combined.
If i try to flash the zips before i format the data, all my folders are a jumbled up mess of numbers and letters. sdcard/data doesn't show anything.
So i have to go back into Android, copy Magisk and multidisabler's zip files into Downloads and go back to TWRP to flash them.
But when i get into recovery mode, the stock Samsung recovery overwrites TWRP.
If i download TWRP again, i have to wipe data so it boots into the OS after that.

So i tried to get Magisk and multidisabler downloaded through USB OTG from "mount". Except that doesn't work either, the checkbox for "USB OTG" in "Select Storage" doesn't register.

What's going wrong ? I've been at it all ****ing day and i'm just about to give up.
All i need to do, is flash those 2 zips and everything's gonna be fine. But i can't do it before or after formatting data from TWRP, because TWRP gets overwritten after i format the data.
Try to add those files while still in TWRP via USB MTP, it should work. If your PC isn't detecting your storage after a format of data, try and reboot and boot directly to TWRP immediately.

Another option is to get any MicroSD and have the files there.

Third and final option is via adb push and pull, which should also work

darkySp

Jul 27, 2021
Try to add those files while still in TWRP via USB MTP, it should work. If your PC isn't detecting your storage after a format of data, try and reboot and boot directly to TWRP immediately.
How is that done ? The only instance of "MTP" i found is in the lower right corner when you go to "Mount". I have this enabled, but my PC doesn't recognize it. Neither can i enable OTG.
I have the Samsung USB Driver installed, as well.

MicroSD is obvious, but can't do it right now.

How would i use adb push and pull ?

darkySp

Jul 27, 2021
How is that done ? The only instance of "MTP" i found is in the lower right corner when you go to "Mount". I have this enabled, but my PC doesn't recognize it. Neither can i enable OTG.
I have the Samsung USB Driver installed, as well.

MicroSD is obvious, but can't do it right now.

How would i use adb push and pull ?
Okay, i managed to root it, but not with TWRP.

What i did was download my model and region-specific ROM files from Sammobile. Took 6 hours to download the thing with the free download.

Anyway, here's how it went:

>I used ODIN to flash all BL, AP, CP, CSC and HOME .tar files, just to start on a clean slate. (Not necessary if you're starting from scratch. If you're starting from scratch, just unlock the bootloader like you normally would and continue with the instructions below)
>After going into Android, i enabled USB Debugging and connected my phone to my PC.
>I grabbed Magisk-v23.0.apk from the GitHub page, as well as the AP .tar file from the ones i downloaded from Sammobile.
>Inside Android, i installed Magisk through the APK and patched the AP .tar.md5 file i put into downloads with the Magisk apk
>After the patch was done, i moved the patched file over to the PC
>Rebooted the phone into Download Mode
>Opened ODIN on PC, put the necessary BL, CP, CSC and HOME files in their respective places and put the Magisk-patched AP file where the AP files normally go in ODIN
>Flashed it
>Rebooted
>Waited for the stock recovery to pop up after 2-3 failed boot attempts
>Rebooted phone after factory reset in the stock recovery
>Installed Magisk again. If it worked, you'll have a red "Uninstall Magisk" tab under "Check SafetyNet", as well as 4 new buttons down below.
>Download Root Checker from Google Play, open it and check for root. It'll ask for root permissions, which you should grant.
>You should get "Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!"
>There you go. Phone is rooted with no boot loops (after 5 reboots to make sure) and no TWRP ****ery and other stuff.

Neckron2

Aug 9, 2021
twrp.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Disclaimer:
- I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A71 TWRP. I will try my best to keep it up to date with Ian's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest TWRP and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
  1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
  2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
  3. - Reboot to download mode
  4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
  5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
  6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
  7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash TWRP and magisk
  8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
  9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing TWRP (tar) with Odin:
  1. - Boot to download mode and load TWRP tar file and VBMeta disabler tar file in AP and BL of Odin, doesn't matter which goes where
  2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
  3. - Flash
  4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL+, VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
  5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to TWRP
  6. - After booting to TWRP successfully, go to WIPE in TWRP
  7. - At the bottom, you should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
  8. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
  9. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
  10. - Reboot to system
  11. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash TWRP (img):
  1. - Reboot to recovery
  2. - Select Install
  3. - Select Install Image and search for the TWRP img file
  4. - Flash as recovery
  5. - Reboot to recovery
  6. - Done

Downloads:
twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.img
twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.tar
Multidisabler zip by Ianmacd
VBMeta disabler

Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_a71
Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/a71

Change log:
17/03/21:
Release for Android 11 BL

Credits:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- TeamWin for their awesome recovery
- @ianmacd for compiling, updating, and maintaining for A71 :)
Hey uh, after doing everything that was supposed to be done and flashing twrp plus magidisk, it becomes nearly impossible to boot to recovery. Is there a reason as to why that is? Ive already flashed the .img file as recovery too

DavidJoacaRo

Oct 12, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC One (M8)
Hi, I am getting the error "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)"

I did unlock the bootloader but the option isnt there in the developer options
if i try to unlock it again in download mode it shows me to lock it
What should i do

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hi, I am getting the error "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)"

I did unlock the bootloader but the option isnt there in the developer options
if i try to unlock it again in download mode it shows me to lock it
What should i do
If the option is not in developer settings anymore, connect to a WiFi network and then look again. If it is there and it is grayed out, then you can proceed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Disclaimer:
    - I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A71 TWRP. I will try my best to keep it up to date with Ian's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest TWRP and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
    - I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    - Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    - Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    - Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
    First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
    1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
    2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
    3. - Reboot to download mode
    4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
    5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
    6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
    7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash TWRP and magisk
    8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
    9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing TWRP (tar) with Odin:
    1. - Boot to download mode and load TWRP tar file and VBMeta disabler tar file in AP and BL of Odin, doesn't matter which goes where
    2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
    3. - Flash
    4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL+, VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
    5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to TWRP
    6. - After booting to TWRP successfully, go to WIPE in TWRP
    7. - At the bottom, you should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
    8. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
    9. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
    10. - Reboot to system
    11. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash TWRP (img):
    1. - Reboot to recovery
    2. - Select Install
    3. - Select Install Image and search for the TWRP img file
    4. - Flash as recovery
    5. - Reboot to recovery
    6. - Done

Downloads:
    twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.img
    twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.tar
    Multidisabler zip by Ianmacd
    VBMeta disabler

Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_a71
    Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/a71

Change log:
    17/03/21:
    Release for Android 11 BL

Credits:
    - Samsung for kernel source code
    - TeamWin for their awesome recovery
    - @ianmacd for compiling, updating, and maintaining for A71 :)
    Sorry for the delay, this TWRP should work perfectly with Android 11 BL
    Very strange. Hopefully your issue is fixed, I'll try and see what could be wrong. Thanks for the input.
    I took a shot of log.
    20210318_140626-1.jpg