twrp.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Disclaimer:
- I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A71 TWRP. I will try my best to keep it up to date with Ian's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest TWRP and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
  1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
  2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
  3. - Reboot to download mode
  4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
  5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
  6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
  7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash TWRP and magisk
  8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
  9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing TWRP (tar) with Odin:
  1. - Boot to download mode and load TWRP tar file and VBMeta disabler tar file in AP and BL of Odin, doesn't matter which goes where
  2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
  3. - Flash
  4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL+, VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
  5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to TWRP
  6. - After booting to TWRP successfully, go to WIPE in TWRP
  7. - At the bottom, you should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
  8. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
  9. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
  10. - Reboot to system
  11. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash TWRP (img):
  1. - Reboot to recovery
  2. - Select Install
  3. - Select Install Image and search for the TWRP img file
  4. - Flash as recovery
  5. - Reboot to recovery
  6. - Done

Downloads:
twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.img
twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.tar
Multidisabler zip by Ianmacd
VBMeta disabler

Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_a71
Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/a71

Change log:
17/03/21:
Release for Android 11 BL

Credits:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- TeamWin for their awesome recovery
- @ianmacd for compiling, updating, and maintaining for A71 :)

ban.codrut

Jan 11, 2015
@ShaDisNX255 have you came across config files for Link to Windows / Your Phone Companion, namely something to do with features enabled ?

Now that A71 got OneUI 3.1 (A11) I was wondering if there is a way to enable multi-apps in Link to Windows.
I also wonder if this "multi-apps" new feature in A11 needs to be enabled in OneUI too (or maybe there isn't a Link to Windows special toggle at all, only system one).
All I know is that only the high tier Samsung phones has multi-apps streaming to Windows, like S21, Note20, Fold and Z Flip but also last gen S20 and Note10.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

EDIT: the backbone of the feature is this: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-q-splitscreen-multitasking-multi-resume/

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
@ShaDisNX255 have you came across config files for Link to Windows / Your Phone Companion, namely something to do with features enabled ?

Now that A71 got OneUI 3.1 (A11) I was wondering if there is a way to enable multi-apps in Link to Windows.
I also wonder if this "multi-apps" new feature in A11 needs to be enabled in OneUI too (or maybe there isn't a Link to Windows special toggle at all, only system one).
All I know is that only the high tier Samsung phones has multi-apps streaming to Windows, like S21, Note20, Fold and Z Flip but also last gen S20 and Note10.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

EDIT: the backbone of the feature is this: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-q-splitscreen-multitasking-multi-resume/
I haven't used the Link to Windows feature, I don't really have a good understanding of what you mean.

viktor92

Mar 27, 2013
I'm running stock Android 11 and I've tried to make a backup with TWRP but failed with this message:

Can create '/data/media/o/TWRP/ folder (required key not available).
Failed to make backup folder.

It means that I'm encrypted, right ??. If I'm correct, should I format data and flash the new multidisabler ?

EDIT: on A10 it was unencrypted, flashing A11 encrypted it again?

Last edited:

donkeyman1234

Dec 29, 2009
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Sony Xperia 1 II
I'm running stock Android 11 and I've tried to make a backup with TWRP but failed with this message:

Can create '/data/media/o/TWRP/ folder (required key not available).
Failed to make backup folder.

It means that I'm encrypted, right ??. If I'm correct, should I format data and flash the new multidisabler ?

EDIT: on A10 it was unencrypted, flashing A11 encrypted it again?
Yes, you must format and flash multidisabler.

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Question, i went though the bootloader unlock but the option don't appear grey out on the dev menu, what should i do to really unlock it?
Edit:
Ok i manage to do it but idk how to reboot in to TWRP, is it vol+ and power? it isn't working

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Question, i went though the bootloader unlock but the option don't appear grey out on the dev menu, what should i do to really unlock it?
Edit:
Ok i manage to do it but idk how to reboot in to TWRP, is it vol+ and power? it isn't working
Android 11 changes the way it works

Now, it is necessary to be connected to a PC to boot to recovery with that combination of keys.

Reactions: Pupet_Master

Nobby52

Apr 22, 2021
Cologne
I have a Samsung A71 Anroid 11 and I'm also trying to root it. Everything you have written I understand, up to this point:
"- After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops."
I answer "Yes" and than at the next screen I only can choose between Back or Reboot. How must I flash at this stage the Multidisabler?
Must I go back to the TWRP main menue to the Point "install"?

Greetings from Cologne
Germany

Norbert

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I have a Samsung A71 Anroid 11 and I'm also trying to root it. Everything you have written I understand, up to this point:
"- After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops."
I answer "Yes" and than at the next screen I only can choose between Back or Reboot. How must I flash at this stage the Multidisabler?
Must I go back to the TWRP main menue to the Point "install"?

Greetings from Cologne
Germany

Norbert
Yes, you have to go back to the main menu

Reactions: yazen ahmad

Nobby52

Apr 22, 2021
Cologne
Unfortunately, this method doesn't work for me. I've tried rooting three times. It went through every time without any errors. The device was not rooted afterwards. The smartphone then triggered a reset every few minutes when it was operated. What can I do?
Greetings from Cologne
Norbert

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Unfortunately, this method doesn't work for me. I've tried rooting three times. It went through every time without any errors. The device was not rooted afterwards. The smartphone then triggered a reset every few minutes when it was operated. What can I do?
Greetings from Cologne
Norbert
What ROM are you trying to root?
Are you Rooting with Magisk or Super SU? Do you install SUper SU App or Magisk Manager after?
About the reset, did you flash the multiboot disabler after flash the root zip file?

Nobby52

Apr 22, 2021
Cologne
I root the original Samsung Stock Rom. "A715FXXU3BUB5_A715FOXM3BUB6_DBT". I followed the instructions here exactly.
First unroot and debug mode

1.) download mode
2.) with Odin TWRP + VBMeta-Disabler
3.) TWRP started, wipe, then yes, then back to install, Multidisabler.zip flashed.
4.) restarted
That was it
I don't have a Super_SU or Magisk installed

greeting
Norbert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Disclaimer:
    - I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A71 TWRP. I will try my best to keep it up to date with Ian's work, but can't promise that will remain for ever. If you want the latest TWRP and to be notified as soon as its published, be sure to join the Telegram channel.
    - I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    - Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    - Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    - Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).

How to Install:
    First, you need to unlock the bootloader. Here's how to do it:
    1. - Backup all media before proceeding, this will erase everything in your internal storage including music and photos
    2. - Go to developer settings and enable [OEM Unlock]
    3. - Reboot to download mode
    4. - When prompted, press and hold VOL + to enter bootloader unlock mode
    5. - Press VOL + to confirm you want to unlock bootloader, this will wipe your data
    6. - If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.
    7. - Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we flash TWRP and magisk
    8. - Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader. This step is MANDATORY
    9. - Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

After finally unlocking the bootloader, proceed with installing TWRP (tar) with Odin:
    1. - Boot to download mode and load TWRP tar file and VBMeta disabler tar file in AP and BL of Odin, doesn't matter which goes where
    2. - Disable [Auto Reboot] in Odin
    3. - Flash
    4. - Force a reboot by pressing VOL+, VOL - and POWER buttons at the same time
    5. - After the screen goes black, IMMEDIATELY let go of all buttons and IMMEDIATELY press and hold VOL+ and POWER button at the same time to boot to TWRP
    6. - After booting to TWRP successfully, go to WIPE in TWRP
    7. - At the bottom, you should see an option to FORMAT DATA. After you select it, you will be asked to type "yes" in your keyboard. If you do not see this, you probably selected the wrong option.
    8. - After formatting data, flash the Multidisabler zip with TWRP. This is done to avoid future bootloops.
    9. (Optional) Flash magisk.zip to root (google where to find it)
    10. - Reboot to system
    11. - Wait patiently for the device to boot for the first time

How to flash TWRP (img):
    1. - Reboot to recovery
    2. - Select Install
    3. - Select Install Image and search for the TWRP img file
    4. - Flash as recovery
    5. - Reboot to recovery
    6. - Done

Downloads:
    twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.img
    twrp-a71-3.5.1_10-A11_2b1_ianmacd.tar
    Multidisabler zip by Ianmacd
    VBMeta disabler

Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_a71
    Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/a71

Change log:
    17/03/21:
    Release for Android 11 BL

Credits:
    - Samsung for kernel source code
    - TeamWin for their awesome recovery
    - @ianmacd for compiling, updating, and maintaining for A71 :)
    Sorry for the delay, this TWRP should work perfectly with Android 11 BL
    Very strange. Hopefully your issue is fixed, I'll try and see what could be wrong. Thanks for the input.
    I took a shot of log.
    20210318_140626-1.jpg