• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 11 Release

Search This thread

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I can't get it to root. I do a fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and it fails every time. Anyone had any luck rooting this way?
Yes, successfully rooted this way. I didn't play around with any of the betas so this was my first time to just dirty flash right over 10. I patched my own boot.img like usual and transferred it over to my adb folder before flashing. Since you're using MM Canary already, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your patched boot.img is corrupt? Did you flash the full image or OTA? Next step for me (after creating a new patched boot.img) would be to clean flash the full image. Best of luck.

Last edited:

docluv01

Nov 23, 2010
do you have a link to the canary apk?

I tried going to the canary page, but the download link is dead. TIA

Yes, successfully rooted this way. I didn't play around with any of the betas so this was my first time to just dirty flash right over 10. I patched my own boot.img like usual and transferred it over to my adb folder before flashing. Since you're using MM Canary already, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your patched boot.img is corrupt?

hawkswind1

Jun 11, 2012
I had trouble rooting but eventually got it to work. I deleted all previous boot images and patched images from phone and pc. Reinstalled platform tools. Grabbed fresh boot img from the factory image, patched it then flashed it. And we're in biz