Android 11 update caused stuttering while scrolling slowly.

Xalyx

Jan 9, 2019
As mentioned, after the 11/One UI update, when I scroll slowly, like pretty slow, the scrolling us jumpy, laggy, whatever word you want to use for "not smooth". It's system wide, ui elements, apps, home screen, all the same behavior. it's really annoying as I love to scroll as I read. I have made sure adaptive is on, no power savings is on, tried enhanced processing. It even does it in safe mode.

Anyone else have this issue? I was going to do a full wipe but I suspect this was a bug introduced in Android 11.

Reactions: milo78

Xalyx

Jan 9, 2019
Ended up taking the time to do a full wipe. Still have the issue...Great. Like just to confirm, if you're barely scrolling, real slow, the fps dips and jumps all the time. I confirmed this using GPUWatch in the dev settings. Is there really no one having this issue out there?
I'm tempted to send it in but if I just get another phone back with the same issue, that's a lot of wasted time.

Reactions: milo78

bonstio

Jan 10, 2011
Ended up taking the time to do a full wipe. Still have the issue...Great. Like just to confirm, if you're barely scrolling, real slow, the fps dips and jumps all the time. I confirmed this using GPUWatch in the dev settings. Is there really no one having this issue out there?
I'm tempted to send it in but if I just get another phone back with the same issue, that's a lot of wasted time.
I see it too. I recorded a video to show it. I noticed it using Instagram and I also observe the problem going away in app restart. Is this what you see too? I'm wondering if Good Lock is implicated in this?

Xalyx

Jan 9, 2019
So funny enough, I dropped my fold, cracked the outer glass and bought bestbuy protection on it so I went and got a new phone. This did let me further test everything out. The new phone came with the original firmware version so I tested it through every upgrade. I think maybe I just didn't see it before but now I can see it happens on a new phone, regardless of version. Like I said, it's when you scroll very slowly which I tend to do often and happens quite literally everywhere. I tried to record it with gpuwatch but it locks the screen to 60 fps and doesn't show the stuttering in the data like it does in 120hz mode, even though it's still there. I'm honestly confused by this. No other phone has had this behavior.
Imgur was the best place to upload You can see when it start smooth but slowly devolves. It does not stutter when it slows down at the end of a scroll that you let go of (flick scroll)

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
So funny enough, I dropped my fold, cracked the outer glass and bought bestbuy protection on it so I went and got a new phone. This did let me further test everything out. The new phone came with the original firmware version so I tested it through every upgrade. I think maybe I just didn't see it before but now I can see it happens on a new phone, regardless of version. Like I said, it's when you scroll very slowly which I tend to do often and happens quite literally everywhere. I tried to record it with gpuwatch but it locks the screen to 60 fps and doesn't show the stuttering in the data like it does in 120hz mode, even though it's still there. I'm honestly confused by this. No other phone has had this behavior.
Imgur was the best place to upload You can see when it start smooth but slowly devolves. It does not stutter when it slows down at the end of a scroll that you let go of (flick scroll)
Ah, you're talking about the inside screen. Yes, I have that too. Doesnt bother me very much, but I see your point.