It's great news to see someone taking up on the challenge of developing a modern rom for Note 5. Though, there are a few issues with the current Android 10 roms that I'd like to mention, most of which I believe should be easy to fix. If the new rom will be using anything that the current roms are using (which is very probable), it'll be best to keep these issues in mind.
- In certain roms like Nusantara, HW keys are disabled with no option in settings to enable them.
- Bliss has occasional crashes and random reboots, which are fixed completely on Ancient.
- On BlissROM, S-Pen does not work properly in landscape mode. Again, this is fixed in AncientOS.
- Video recording with audio is not possible on any Android 10 roms with camera apps. However, it has been mentioned that Vector Camera on F-Droid and Whatsapp can shoot videos with audio. Specifically, the issue starts affecting camera apps only after a few minutes have passed since boot, you can shoot videos perfectly within the first few minutes. These findings suggest that the issue (one of the main reasons why people still swear by stock or roms based on Touchwiz) can be easily fixed as it's not related to drivers since it already works. There has to be some sort of a minor bug causing it.
- On AncientOS, mobile network can stop working all of a sudden and remain unfunctional until a restart. It does not happen on Bliss.
- Occasional Wi-fi drops depending on band (2.4 - 5 GHz) availability and proximity. Though, it's not confirmed and requires further testing.
- I'm sure this is simply a config file away but it's hard to determine which lines to edit. The issue is that the earpiece speaker is used to simulate stereo audio when listening to something on speakers. This is unnecessary as differrent audio levels (with that of earpiece speaker being lower) result in an unenjoyable listening experience. It gets more noticable on higher volumes.
- Everything is way quieter on Ancient compared to Bliss. Louder the better, honestly, as volume can always be turned down.
- Video playback when streaming in 720p+ and especially at 60 FPS tends to be extremely laggy. It depends well on content that is being streamed (the laggier it gets the more changes there are on the screen).
- Streaming a video takes a toll on battery. I feel like it's worse on Android 10 roms but a test for comparison between a CFW and stock can be made with a select video using Newpipe.
- Charging indicator is delayed on AncientOS. It takes some time for the indicator to appear/disappear when you plug in/out your charger, which doesn't occur on Bliss.
Best of luck to the developer and they can always use this forum when they need any kind of support, validation, or recognition. There are many of us in respective Discord and Telegram servers but not all of us use them.