• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Android 12 Beta 2

Search This thread
Installed Beta 2 (which I believe corresponds with Beta 5 on the Pixels) a couple days ago. It is available here.

It has the September 5 security patch, and overall works well. The only bug I have noticed so far is in Settings when trying to set links that an app opens by default. It worked but crashed, and sent me back to my home screen.

I used a debloater via Magisk to remove Asus apps.

assasss

Jun 14, 2012
ASUS ZenFone 8
Installed Beta 2 (which I believe corresponds with Beta 5 on the Pixels) a couple days ago. It is available here.

It has the September 5 security patch, and overall works well. The only bug I have noticed so far is in Settings when trying to set links that an app opens by default. It worked but crashed, and sent me back to my home screen.

So this is already an Asus customized android (Zen UI Version)? Afaik the beta 1 was more of a vanilla android without the Asus flavor

Last edited:

dar12ek

Dec 2, 2014
How to install Beta 12 I try but pops up with the message "The script can't be used in this devices, hwid =, project = project"
Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-17 152401.jpg

dar12ek

Dec 2, 2014
When I go to the bootloader, I only have this screen
1.jpg

When I go to Fastboot, I only have such a screen, I marked it with a red arrow or it means that I have a locked bootloader.
2.jpg

dar12ek

Dec 2, 2014
When unlocking, this message pops up, does it mean that I have to set a pin code before unlocking.
Screenshot_20210917-162526070 (1).jpg

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-17 152401.jpg
    Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-17 152401.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This beta has bugs. I will not install it. If your phone is a test mouse and you don't care about it, do it. Everything official is better than beta.
    Can you point the bugs you found?
    Just above someone wrote he uses it daily and it works great...
    I hope that 12 will be officially released soon, however.
    I've been running it (beta 2) since it was released. Overall, it is good. Most annoying issue is sometimes it just doesn't charge until I power cycle the phone. Maybe 50% of the time.

A more minor issue is that some notifications can't be swiped away until I power cycle. Can't think of any more issues off the top of head.

This beta has bugs. I will not install it. If your phone is a test mouse and you don't care about it, do it. Everything official is better than beta.
    Can you point the bugs you found?
    Just above someone wrote he uses it daily and it works great...
    I hope that 12 will be officially released soon, however.
    I've been running it (beta 2) since it was released. Overall, it is good. Most annoying issue is sometimes it just doesn't charge until I power cycle the phone. Maybe 50% of the time.

A more minor issue is that some notifications can't be swiped away until I power cycle. Can't think of any more issues off the top of head.