Android 12 Beta 4 Root?

Search This thread

Makishima

Jun 3, 2013
Xiaomi Mi A3
Google Pixel 4a
Hello everyone, I just installed the latest Android 12 Beta 4 and I'm looking for a way to root it. So far I've found some guides talking about disabling boot verity, either with the android flash tool or via fastboot by extracting the vbmeta.img from the zip and then flashing a patched boot.img. I was wondering does this method work on this beta and on our phone? Is there another way?

Makishima

Jun 3, 2013
Xiaomi Mi A3
Google Pixel 4a
Okay, to answer my own question, I used this command

Code:
fastboot -w --skip-reboot --disable-verity --disable-verification update image-sunfish-spb4.210715.011.zip

and then I flashed the magisk patched boot.img using the latest canary build which I also renamed to boot.img instead of magisk_patched whatever using

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

and somehow... even though safetynet does not pass, I have root (seemingly, I have yet to test my usual modules), and I also have GPay working and all my banking apps, except for Viva Wallet which still detects root somehow. I use MagiskHide now, but I managed to download GPay and open it before even setting up MagiskHide. I don't know how this works and if it's going to last, just sharing my experience so far.

Last edited:

c_tho

Everything works perfectly so far, the beta is stable as far as I'm concerned and there is no change regarding the banking apps, even though SafetyNet fails. Battery life is a bit worse, I think.
lovely, thanks. i'm on beta 4 and enjoying it but if i root it and google pay randomly fails one day that will be a huge problem. especially since i only want to root for a handful of cosmetic things.

Makishima

Jun 3, 2013
Xiaomi Mi A3
Google Pixel 4a
lovely, thanks. i'm on beta 4 and enjoying it but if i root it and google pay randomly fails one day that will be a huge problem. especially since i only want to root for a handful of cosmetic things.
Yeah I understand, I only need root for AdAway and Viper4Android too. But so far I can't see it going anywhere. That being said GPay is not available through Play Store for me, but it's on Aurora Store and it installs and works just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, to answer my own question, I used this command

Code:
    fastboot -w --skip-reboot --disable-verity --disable-verification update image-sunfish-spb4.210715.011.zip

and then I flashed the magisk patched boot.img using the latest canary build which I also renamed to boot.img instead of magisk_patched whatever using

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

and somehow... even though safetynet does not pass, I have root (seemingly, I have yet to test my usual modules), and I also have GPay working and all my banking apps, except for Viva Wallet which still detects root somehow. I use MagiskHide now, but I managed to download GPay and open it before even setting up MagiskHide. I don't know how this works and if it's going to last, just sharing my experience so far.
    watching with interest to see how this plays out! thanks for your efforts.
    Everything works perfectly so far, the beta is stable as far as I'm concerned and there is no change regarding the banking apps, even though SafetyNet fails. Battery life is a bit worse, I think.