How To Guide Android 12 beta

Search This thread

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys and girls,

Just switched from the S21 Ultra to the OnePlus 9 Pro. Some might see it as a downgrade of some sorts, but with the S21 crashing on me multiple times a day, I took it to cex and made it someone elses problem lol

Anyway, how is Android 12 on the OP9P? Pretty stable for a beta? Daily driver useable?

Thanks all! :)

First build definitely wasn't daily worthy, definitely only for developers, I'd wait for a couple more.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey guys and girls,

Just switched from the S21 Ultra to the OnePlus 9 Pro. Some might see it as a downgrade of some sorts, but with the S21 crashing on me multiple times a day, I took it to cex and made it someone elses problem lol

Anyway, how is Android 12 on the OP9P? Pretty stable for a beta? Daily driver useable?

No, because it's still a developer preview and not beta, not meant for end users or daily use. Ignore the picture in op and go to the actual link

anasmhds

Feb 12, 2013
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey guys and girls,

1st and 2nd build are not suitable for daily driver

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1621365706727.png

Ready to get started on the Android 12 Beta?
    Note: Please note this build is not suitable for devices in North America. The updated version will be shared later.

Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
    DP to MP rollback guide - via Local OTA update
    Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.

1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
    3. Install this apk. You'll need it to rollback. Then, open the app -> tap the top right gear icon -> find the downgrade package and tap it -> wait to finish the installation -> tap reboot
    4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
    5. Update successful.
    WARNING : DO NOT ROOT FOR NOW, IT'S NOT WORKING THE SAME AS OXYGENOS11

Mirrors :

OnePlus 9 Pro OxygenOS 12 Developer Preview 1(LE2120_11_C_OTA_1020_all_a819b6_00011011.zip) :

Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693807093
    MD5 : 05d963bbc7b0d9163de39f702e2d91d5

REMOVED ROOTED BOOT IMAGE

Unpacked Image Collection :
    MD5 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693807103

VERY EARLY LOOK :

Screenshot_20210518-153848.png

Screenshot_20210518-225250.png

Screenshot_20210518-225851.png

Screenshot_20210518-225858.png

Screenshot_20210518-225918.png

Screenshot_20210518-233321.png

First thoughts :
    Vibration motor fans will be pleased, it's a lot more prominent.
    Very slow boot on this build
    Boot logo is a bit weird, OnePlus logo bleeding from white to red and alternating
    If you install it then reduce the display size, default is horrible.

If you can download it you're a better man than me, just keeps sending me in a loop back to the forum post.

OK, Never mind, they jumped the gun...

Ready to get started on the Android 12 Beta?
    • OnePlus 9
    • OnePlus 9 Pro
    Note: Links will be added shortly

Known Issues
    • All data will be cleared while flashing the build
    • Video call function is not available
    • Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
    • Certain UI screens look less than desirable
    • Some apps may not function as expected
    • System stability issues

Woah, think I'll wait for the DP2
    Dude, it's a first developer preview, there won't be any "fixes"
    Developer Preview is like a proof of concept and for app developers to test their apps on different phones on the new OS version.
    When OxygenOS12 reaches the betas is when OnePlus will start working on features, fixes, etc.
    Hey guys and girls,