• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 12 Beta

Search This thread

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
Anyone else seeing a lot of glitches on beta 2? Some of the animations glitch out constantly, especially in recents. It gets stuck in recents sometimes, and others it won't open the app correctly. Also, no weather on the AOD. And the make it mine colors are off. I have a grey and black wallpaper, but the notification count is pink... Seriously. Even changing it off of the make it mine it's still there. I guess that could just be an overall issue and not the make it mine thing. 🤷‍♂️

I definitely really like the changes. I do want the transparent notification menu, lock screen, and app drawer back though.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Anyone else seeing a lot of glitches on beta 2? Some of the animations glitch out constantly, especially in recents. It gets stuck in recents sometimes, and others it won't open the app correctly. Also, no weather on the AOD. And the make it mine colors are off. I have a grey and black wallpaper, but the notification count is pink... Seriously. Even changing it off of the make it mine it's still there. I guess that could just be an overall issue and not the make it mine thing. 🤷‍♂️

I definitely really like the changes. I do want the transparent notification menu, lock screen, and app drawer back though.
Yep. Beta 2 is full of bugs.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario

Beta 2 is worse than beta 1.... somehow. You'd think it would just be better. Anyways, only thing I'm experiencing are glitches. All my apps work just fine along with everything else. Nothing in beta 2 is a deal breaker.

jonahmt21

Sep 17, 2012
Beta 2 bugs i noticed, tap 2 wake doesn't work sometimes. Need to press power button to wake. Home screen is dimmer than app brightness sometimes, restart to fix.

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5
I flashed the factory image via fastboot.

Do you still can do anything requires root fine?

I was able to at first and even completed steps to enable voLTE for my carrier and even activated call screen using an app to spoof as US carrier. But now anything requires root is saying my phone doesn't have root.

How do you get root with beta 2?

biggiestuff01

May 9, 2015
Anyone have issues with sending text messages? It seems while on wifi the cellular connection gets disconnected and it can't send the text. I figure it should still be able to send freezer via WiFi calling but it's too the point where maybe it just loses connectivity to t-mobile period. Toggling airplane mode usually brings me back.

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
Beta 2.1 pushed out with fixes for pretty much all the issues that I've been having. I flashed it like a half hour ago, so, can't really comment on it yet. Weather is back on the lockscreen though.

wallacerp

Jan 17, 2011
Glasgow
Has anyone had issues installing the beta through OTA once enrolled? My pixel 4 XL wouldn't install it at all after enrollment. It would download and install but after rebooting I got an error saying there was a problem installing and it would stay on android 11. I finally managed to get the beta to install by doing a full wipe. Now trying to update to beta 2.1 and I'm getting the same issue. It downloads then says installing but after the phone reboots I get the same error saying there was a problem with the install. I've tried around 8 times and it still won't update?
Any help would be appreciated

Top Liked Posts